Wednesday 12 June 2019

45.02-Your nightmare begins


New banner!

Previously on the Smole, the contestants were paired up and had to complete a relay race in 2 hours to earn points. Max and Brianna came first and got a silver exemption which could be used at any time. Apollo and Bryan were the only other pair to make it in time, so 40/100 points were earned. Will Max or Brianna go home with an exemption in hand or will someone else fall from finalist to first boot?


Bryan: "Max, Brianna, Apollo and I were the only ones to bring in points. What happened, military man?"
Guillermo: "Good for you guys. Unfortunately my partner is nearing elder status and no matter how hard I worked it wasn't enough to help her."

***


Bryan: "Guillermo and Kelly were suspicious. Kelly didn't seem to try at all. Is she using her age as an excuse? She works at a gym. Surely she should be fitter than that. And Guillermo is from the military. Yet he was third to arrive, after Brianna and me. If I had to pick a pair as most suspicious, it would be them."

***


Max: "There isn't enough space for me to do inclined pull-ups either."


Bloom: "Having to go through the bathroom to enter our rooms is just bad design."


Bloom: "What are you doing?"
Max: "Trying to figure out how to use this exercise bar."


Bloom: "It's for dancing."


Bloom: "Watch me."
Max: "Oh, it's for ballet?"


Max: "You learned ballet before?"


Bloom: "Yes. My father made me and my sister learn ballet. He felt it was the proper thing to do for a girl to learn how to dance ballet."


Bloom: "He would always reward the better dancer with toys. That's how I became so competitive with my sister."
Max: "I think you are a graceful ballerina."


Bloom: "I'm only warming up."
Max: "If your warm up is so beautiful, your actual dance must be amazing."
Bloom: "You don't really mean that. Flattery isn't for you; it's for me to use."


Bloom: "I don't think men truly appreciate ballet. I knew my father didn't. He attended the first few recitals when I first started as a young girl, but it was clear he was bored. And then he just started showing up less and less until he stopped caring. He was always too busy with his work."


Bloom: "If only my mother was around in my life."


Max: "Is she dead?"
Bloom: "No, she's just...I just..."


Bloom: "Am I boring you with my life? I don't know why I even told you so much."


Max: "Not really. I'm just glad to know we have something in common."
Bloom: "We do?"
Max: "Our competitiveness and desire to win. At least things will be more exciting. But I'll still win. I don't accept failure."
Bloom: "Oh."

*
*
*


Bryan: "Hi Jo."
Jo: "Hi Bryan."


Bryan: "I recently saw you in that musical Hands on Fire."
Jo: "You did? What did you think of it?"


Bryan: "To be honest, your acting did feel a little unpolished at times."
Jo: "Oh. Thank you for telling me."
Bryan: "But your singing was on point. I was mesmerised by your voice."


Jo: "You flatter me."


Bryan: "Aren't you a singer by vocation? Why did you choose to go into acting?"


Jo: "I wanted to branch out. Step out of my comfort zone, try something new."


Jo: "To be completely honest, since you can find out anyway, I was also ashamed of my past. The more famous I became, the more I worried the tabloids would dig up my past."


Bryan: "Oh. The tabloids really are annoying, aren't they?"


Jo: "Yeah. But I since realised that Sing-o-grams aren't that shameful. Everyone has to start somewhere. But acting is interesting so I wanted to do both of what I loved. That's how I got into musicals."


Jo: "Oh! I love this song."


Bryan: "I think you're amazing in what you do and I admire how you constantly challenge yourself. I really have a lot to learn from you."
Jo: "I have a lot to learn from you too."
Bryan: "I'm serious. I want to try acting too but I haven't found my big break. I almost had a role in a blockbuster but...it didn't work out in the end."


Jo: "I can help if you like."
Bryan: "That will be great. Shall we toast to success?"
Jo: "To success."

*
*
*


Katelyn: "Zzz..."


Apollo: "Hurry and make your first move, Katelyn. I don't have all day."
Katelyn: "Huh? Oh, right. I'm playing a game. And talking to you about something...I remember."


Katelyn: "I'm telling you, we should totally form a coalition. We're both from Bridgeport and even appeared in the same season."


Katelyn: "I'm telling you, you need me."
Apollo: "What now? You need me."


Katelyn: "Just one word: yes or no? If no then I'll just tell the rest of my single sisters that you're not interested in a single-digit-season coalition."


Apollo: "Fuck it, I'll join. You can't all be imbeciles."

***


Bloom: "It's been a while since I've been on this show. So much has changed. Will I play the game the exact same way again? No, I think that's not wise. But I'll definitely latch on to this coalition. Katelyn went ahead and recruited Apollo without our permission. Brianna and I are trying to find a way to get him to leave. We thought of making him take the fall and go all out on one suspect but he pushed it to Katelyn instead. At least we'll have some answers after the first execution."

***


*
*
*


Brianna: "Honestly I'm a bit surprised you actually won."
Max: "Did you really doubt me?"


Brianna: "That doesn't matter. Are you going to use your exemption now or later?"
Max: "It's the same as your usual exemption, just that you can use it whenever, right?"


Max: "I think I will use it now."
Brianna: "Then that defeats the purpose of a silver exemption. I would rather use it when I really need to, when it matters more. The odds of me leaving now are low."
Max: "But that's pointless if you don't get past the first round."


Brianna: "You're such a wuss. It's your funeral."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: How old was the Mole in the Mole's first season?
A: 26
B: 31
C: 32
D: 35
E: 41
F: 50



Q3: Which season did the Mole originally appear in?
A: Season 1
B: Season 4
C: Season 6
D: Season 10
E: Season 12
F: Season 31
G: Season 34
H: Season 36
I: Season 41


Q4: Is the season the Mole first appeared in the same season the Mole placed as runner-up?
A: Yes
B: No


Q5: In Mission 1, what did the Mole eat?
A: Pizza
B: Waffles


Q6: Which letter did the Mole get in Mission 1?
A: A
B: B
C: C
D: The Mole did not find a letter


Q7: In Mission 1, was the Mole in the first leg or second leg?
A: First
B: Second


Q8: Who was the Mole partnered with in Mission 1?
A: Bloom Phine
B: Katelyn Missoni
C: Apollo Bloom
D: Brianna McWinner
E: Jo Lin
F: Guillermo Ichtaca
G: Zhao Qun
H: James Christian Sol
I: Bryan Seacrest
J: Kelly Hoggart


Q9: Which car did the Mole take in Mission 1?
A: Green
B: Gold
C: The Mole was not in a car


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Bloom Phine
B: Katelyn Missoni
C: Apollo Bloom
D: Brianna McWinner
E: Jo Lin
F: Guillermo Ichtaca
G: Zhao Qun
H: James Christian Sol
I: Bryan Seacrest
J: Kelly Hoggart

*
*
*


"Contestants, welcome to your first execution ceremony. Once upon a time, all of you had to face the fear of being executed but survived through all the rounds of execution. Tonight, your nightmare begins again. It will be humiliation and disappointment for a finalist to fall so drastically, but one of you must take one for the team and be executed first."
Brianna: "Anything other than first place is a disappointment."
Apollo: "Well no matter what we can't be worse than that winner who ended up being executed first in the next two seasons she joined."


"You may notice that there are only nine chairs and nine of you seated out here. That is because Max has chosen to use his exemption this time and is thus seated safely indoors. For the rest of you..."


"Apollo Bloom, you know the drill. Green means you're safe, red means you're not."
Apollo: "Why start with me?"









































































































































































































































"Apollo, you are safe."


"James Christian Sol."
James: "Might as well get it over and done with."














































































































































































































































"James, you are safe."


"Katelyn Missoni."
Katelyn: "All I see is black!"
















































































































































































































































































"Katelyn, you are safe."


"Bloom Phine."
Bloom: "I'm confident I still have it within me."


































































































































































































































































"Bloom, you are safe."


"Jo Lin."










































































































































































































































































"Jo, you are safe."


"Brianna McWinner."




































































































































































































































































"Brianna, you are safe."


"Bryan Seacrest."



























































































































































































































































































"Bryan Seacrest, unfortunately, you are the first to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Jo: "No, this can't be..."
Brianna: "Bryan? Really? I wasn't expecting him to go so soon." 


Bryan: "It should have worked. It worked the last time, so why didn't playing by majority work this time? I'm in shock. This is an embarrassment. I had so much planned. So much for a second chance."
"Thank you for joining. We hope to see you again."


"For the rest of you, the execution ceremony is adjourned."
Guillermo: "Yes! I survived!"

***


Brianna: "Katelyn survived. Does it mean that James is our Mole?"

***


Jo: "He was my first friend here. We bonded over our interest in acting. For him to go is just...heartbreaking. I know he had ambition so it must have been jarring for him to see that red screen."

***

Bryan shocked the crowd with his execution. He couldn't become a second-time finalist, but only three will. Which three? And which among them is the Mole?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!