Friday 17 November 2017

36.05-Make me a Barbie girl

Last time, the contestants had to decide whether or not to push a button for a chance at safety or risk it for points. 40/110 points were earned because Violet, Sylvester, Sharon and Bryan did not press, making the pot 140/210 points. Ainsley and James were too slow in pressing and the six eventually decided to force-eliminate Violet. However, Yves soon followed after as he was the next to be executed. As the numbers decrease, the stakes are raised.

*
*
*


James: "It seems that nobody wants to share information with me any more. I don't know why."


James: "Why won't you share stuff with me?"
Sharon: "You should be ashamed of yourself. Spoonfeeding is not my style."


James: "I don't get it."


James: "Did I do something wrong?"


Song: "I can't decide which tastes better, teehee."
Sylvester: "I think the pinot tastes better."
Song: "You're right. I'll go with that then. Oh dear, it looks like we're running low on glasses. How did that happen? Did I really do so much wine tasting?"
Sylvester: "Er, yeah. Probably. Or maybe some are in the sink in the kitchen."
Song: "We should help Sharon with the housework. I'm sure she came here to take a break, not become the domestic helper of the house."


Sylvester: "Song is so innocent and pure. She's also got the figure. It makes you want to protect her. I wish my girlfriend was like that. But she's so stuck-up and always casting me in the shadows. And she's got an earth-shattering secret she doesn't know I know. I'm holding on to it until I need to use it."


*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. For your next mission, I need someone who is precise, four athletes with a good memory and four with an eye for detail."


Ainsley: "I'm quite precise. I volunteer to take that role."


Stephanie: "Immediately going for the important role? Suspicious."


Sharon: "I'm not a very good athlete and don't have fantastic memory so I volunteer to be in the last group. Hopefully my meticulousness in household chores will transfer."


Bryan: "I think it's funny how you're chasing after that sole role so desperately. I bet that's the one which controls the entire mission. Maybe there is an exemption at stake. We all know which one Ainsley will pick. Stephanie, your thoughts?"
Stephanie: "I disapprove of letting Ainsley fill that role too."
Song: "I try to exercise when I can. And actors have to memorise a lot of lines, so I think that I am suited to be an athlete with good memory. Stephanie, care to join?'
Stephanie: "Oh no no, you flatter me. I'm not an athlete. I'm so skinny. And I don't have that great of a memory. I think I would prefer to join the 'eye for detail' group."
Bryan: "I'll join you, Song."


Ainsley: "Fine, fine, whatever. No hard feelings. You're all just trying to make the decision that best benefits yourself. I would do the same too. Then I'll join Song and Bryan."
James: "I'm not an athlete but I'm fit."


Colt: "You? You have arguably the worst memory of us all."


Bryan: "But there's nowhere else he can go. If this mission involves running back and forth to memorise stuff, it won't be that bad for him to be a part of us."
Colt: "Very well. I think the most important role should be given to the most senior role."


Sylvester: "Definitely not. I think I'm the most competent to do that job."
Paris: "I zink I have an eye for detail! Especially with fashOn. I do not know about Sylvester however."


Song: "He's a policeman. I'm sure we can trust him. Production won't try to destroy the trust in the police force by making him the Mole."


Sylvester: "Thank you for your vote of support. I guess it's settled then."
Colt: "Hmph. You will regret this."
Sharon: "Colt, I am sure your eye for detail will benefit us greatly. You need to be with the rest of us to help us."
Colt: "If you put it that way..."


"Who is the precise one?"
Sylvester: "Me."

*
*
*


There will be two divers who will memorise hieroglyphs in a pool. However, only one may surface at any time to run over to a runner, who will run to the drawing block and sketch out the hieroglyph as described by the diver. The runners take turns and for every 10 correct hieroglyphs drawn at the end of 4 hours, 1 point is earned. This part is worth 100 points.


The other group has to go around town finding placards with their names on it. Under each name is the name of a famous person who they must dress up as. They must then find a passerby who can identify who they are dressed up as. Each correct identification is worth 25 points. This part is worth 100 points. This part also ends in 4 hours.


However, the points earned will only be added to the pot if Sylvester can count to 4 hours, give or take 5 minutes. He is forbidden from using his watch. When he thinks 240 minutes are up, he will open the mailbox, triggering a mechanism that will stop the alarm clock inside. 

*
*
*


Sharon: "Oh! There is one placard hanging on the lamp post on my right. It's for Stephanie. You have to dress up as Taylor Swift."


These two are the divers.


James is the first runner.


James: "The cement is not even."


James: "Shoddy job."


James: "I hope I can remember everything."


Song: "Here we go."


Bryan: "Whoever memorised first should go up."


Song nods.


Song: "Bryan and I agreed to look at opposite sides of the pool walls. There were too many to try and remember everything. We would take turns surfacing and whoever memorised their part first can go first."


Bryan gestures to Song.


Song focuses on remembering.


Bryan gestures again to Song. Song replies.


Bryan: "Alright. I think I've got one section down."


Bryan: "Here comes the hard part."


Bryan: "James! Remember carefully."


Bryan: "There is an alligator head man on all fours facing the front. Beside him is a Libra scale. It's larger than the man by a bit. After that is a bird man. Got that? There is also...there...damn it, I forgot. Nevermind. Just go and draw all those first."


Bryan: "I better get back. She may be running out of breath."


James: "I ain't catched all that."


James: "Yoo-hoo! Ainsley!"


Ainsley: "I'm going."


Ainsley: "Let me go behind the shed and change first."
James: "Hmm, a bird with a Libra? What's a Libra? Is it a type of bra? Oh, a bird wearing a bra! Those big boobies must hurt."

*
*
*


Paris: "I had ze perfect mishon. We had to dress up as famous people to let others guess. We did not find all the cards but luckily we managed to find mine, Stephanie, Sharon and Colt. We also found Bryan and James' card."


Colt: "I'm the only man doing a woman's job."


Colt: "I am not a girl. I am not playing dress-up. Over my dead body."

*
*
*


Bryan re-enters.


Song gestures to Bryan.


Song is losing air.


Song gasps for air.


Song: "Ack. Some water got into my nose."


Song: "My brain is deprived of oxygen right now."


Song: "Let's see if I can remember it all."


Song: "I need to get some more air first."


Song: "I wonder how Bryan could remember it all."


Song: "Oh, sorry there."


Bryan: "She sure took her time. I could be dying down there! And why did she climb out from the back and make a detour? Won't that just tire her out?"


Ainsley: "Ay caramba. I've been standing here so long my knees' gone weak."


Song: "There's a lot to remember."


Song: "There's a pharaoh...you know what that is?"
Ainsley: "Enlighten me."


Song: "Okay, it's a man with this funky hair that have stripes."


Song: "On his left is a diagonally placed scepter. It's like a stick with a type of orb on top..."

*
*
*


Paris: "You will be a belle. Trust me. You will be joli!"


Sharon: "I hope so, because I actually have to be Belle."
Paris: "Yes, belle. I said zat. In Simlish it is called...pretty?"


Paris: "I will help you with the makeup and hair. You will be magnifique!"


Sharon: "I trust your abilities but can you really save this face?"


Sharon: "I haven't dolled up in years."


Paris: "Shh! Let me make magic. Let down your hair."
Sharon: "What are you going to do?"


Paris: "Marron. Your hair needs to be Marron."
Sharon: "Dye my hair? Can we use a wig instead?"
Paris: "Such a difficult client!"


Colt: "Nobody is going to make me a Barbie girl."


Taurus: "You will look like your idol after this."
Stephanie: "That would be nice, but she's not my idol actually..."


Taurus: "Hmm...needs a bit of work though."
Stephanie: "Eh?"


Taurus: "That waist may need to trim down a little."
Stephanie: "I'm fat?"


Taurus: "And those hands. They're too bare. Nuh-uh. My Tay-tay has always something up her arm."


Taurus: "I'll give you the classic vintage look. I've got that perfect summer dress she wore."
Stephanie: "Yes please. If it's classic, then I am more recognisable."


Stephanie: "I look...different."


Stephanie: "I don't see Taylor Swift in this though."
Taurus: "Are you doubting me?"
Stephanie: "No..."


Taurus: "You just need to fix your hair up a little and then everyone will think you're twins."


Paris: "The eyeliner looks fantastique!"


Paris: "I feel so at home. Now I must find ze lipstick."

*
*
*




Song: "And that's about it. Remember them all?"
Ainsley: "Yes. Now hurry back and feed me more info."


Ainsley: "James...what the hell are you doing?"


James: "My art is wonderful! I never knew I could draw."


Ainsley: "Heh, keep on thinking that way."


Ainsley: "Anyway, let's see if I can remember...there was a pharoah, yes. And a sceptre..."


Ainsley: "Then something else I forgot...there was also a bird."

*
*
*



Paris: "Who is this belle?"


Paris: "It is unmistakable."


Paris: "I am a work of art."

*
*
*


Bryan: "My turn."


Bryan: "BGCS, BGCS, BGCS..."

*
*
*


Paris: "Let me help you, vache pathetique."


Sharon: "I'm not as skinny or beautiful as Belle. Anyone who sees me in costume will think I'm out of my mind."


Paris: "Just take a bold step. Look at moi. Exquisite."


Paris: "I look just like Marilyn Monroe. And I can make you look like a Disney princess."
Sharon: "Please help me."


Stephanie: "Colt, please..."


Stephanie: "Open the door..."


Stephanie: "Come out of hiding."


Colt: "You can say whatever you want. I am not coming out and make myself a fool! Never! I am a man! I will not participate in girlish playtime!"

*
*
*


Sharon: "Wow..."


Sharon: "I actually look quite nice."
Paris: "Of course."


Sharon: "From afar I really look like the Beauty."


Sharon: "But up close I look like the Beast."


Sharon: "I look like an aged Cinderella. Are these the earrings Belle wears?"


Sharon: "I actually feel young again. Dressing up is fun. I've spent all my youth taking care of my family I forgot what it's like to have fun and pursue hobbies."


Stephanie: "I look more like Taylor."


Stephanie inspects in peace and quiet.


Stephanie: "Oh dear. I didn't apply my cherry red lipstick evenly."


Colt: "You cow! I'm never leaving."


Colt: "I'm not going to make a mockery of myself."


Colt: "You can leave me or let me rot in hell. Nothing's gonna change my mind. I don't give a damn if Stephanie sends the FBI."


Taurus: "What if I just gave you a new suit? To make you look smarter?"


Colt: "I'm not going to pay for it."


Taurus: "If I say it's been sponsored?"
Colt: "I've been assigned to be Donald Trump! No makeover will make me look less ridiculous."


Taurus: "You underestimate my clothes, Mister Fogey."

*
*
*


Colt: "You look ridiculous."
Sharon: "I do? I mean, I know. That's why I'm never doing this again."


Sharon: "But we have to do this to earn points. All for the big picture."
Colt: "You can be selfless but don't drag me into this."


Sharon: "Look at it this way: you get to dress smart and feel like a boss. I saw the suit. Wearing it will make you feel like the President of the United States!"
Colt: "It better. I'm supposed to be the President of USA."

*
*
*


Colt: "Hmm...not bad."
Krissy: "Time to do your hair and makeup, sir."
Colt: "You are not putting makeup on me."

*
*
*


Colt: "I look ridiculous. Why did I ever agree to this?"


Sharon: "Colt! Wait! Argh, I can't run in this dress and heels. So impractical."

*
*
*


Bryan: "Up!"


Bryan: "Huff...maybe James should have done this."


Song: "I can't take it any more!"


Bryan: "Song! Now we have to start from 0!"
Song: "Sorry."

*
*
*


Sharon: "It's time to go. We wasted a lot of time here."


Colt: "I can't face the world like this. I look like an orange with a toupee."
Sharon: "It's not that bad."
Paris: "You look...realistic."

*
*
*


Song: "I'll go first this time."


James: "I'm hot."


Song: "James, there is this tall man with the head of a dog. In his hands is a bowl with a flame on top."

*
*
*


Sharon: "I'm going to have to take public transport for this. I think the skirt will get caught in the car."


Paris: "Ding dong!"


Paris: "Nobody is home. Such a shame."

*
*
*


Sharon: "Where are all the children? It must be a weekday. I was hoping the children would be able to identify me as Belle."


Paris: "I put in so much effort into zis only for nobody to be around."

*
*
*


Ainsley: "That Song. Knew I couldn't count on her."


Ainsley: "Yo! Hurry up! We ain't got all day thanks to a certain woman!"

*
*
*


Stephanie: "I'm surprised nobody recognised me yet."


Colt: "You. Do you know who I am?"


Helena: "Are you cosplaying as Donald Trump? You sure look like him."
Colt: "Oi! That's an insult to me."


Helena: "You're even playing the part too! You've got his obnoxious character spot on! Is there some cosplay convention I'm missing out on?"
Colt: "The only cosplaying going on here is you. What are you trying to look like, a slutty cow?"


Helena: "Okay, that's taking it a bit too far, Mr. Fake Trump."


Stephanie: "Sorry...um..."


Stephanie: "Do...do you know who I look like?"


Alex: "I know exactly who you're trying to mimic!"
Stephanie: "Yes!"


Alex: "Lady Gaga! Am I right or am I right?"


Stephanie: "Um...thanks for your participation..."
Alex: "Do I get a participation trophy?"
Stephanie: "I have to go."


Stephanie: "Any luck?"
Colt: "It was so tiring and humiliating in every sense of the word."


Colt: "But I was quickly recognised. What about you?"
Stephanie: "I...nobody knows who I am."


Colt: "Put in more effort, young lady! You're supposed to be an expert at this. Why am I doing better than you?"
Stephanie: "Wha...I..."
Colt: "Don't give me any excuses."
Stephanie: "I...Could you help me, then?"
Colt: "Sure. If you give me something in return."


Sharon: "Excuse me, miss, but do you know who I am trying to dress up as?"


Gloria: "It's that girl from that movie...the one who can read...Bella? No wait, wrong movie. Are you Annie from that other movie?"
Sharon: "No, but thank you anyway. Can I get a funnel cake? I'm hungry."


Sharon: "I feel embarrassed."


Sharon: "Can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me who I am?"


Markus: "Need any help, miss?"


Sharon: "Yes...no...can I ask what happened to your face?"


Markus: "Just a nosebleed. No biggy. Anyway, what do you need help with?"
Sharon: "It's okay."
Markus: "No, I insist."


Sharon: "Okay, tell me who I look like."
Markus: "Is it Belle from Beauty and the Beast? Is this a promotional stunt for that live-action one? I haven't watched it yet but I heard there's a gay scene. I didn't realise it was set 50 years from the original movie too."
Sharon: "You've got it right. Thank you."


Sharon: "It was quite scary. I felt so vulnerable and lost in the world. And I ran across someone whom I pretty sure is a murderer. I've never been more frightened and awkward in my life. Maybe that's why I don't go out often. Or is it the other way around?"

*
*
*


Time is up.


This group has correctly drawn out 42 hieroglyphs, hence earning 4 points. The other group has done a much better job, getting 50 points. However, all this will only matter if Sylvester stopped the clock in time.

*
*
*


Sylvester: "I think the time should be up about now."


Sylvester: "Oh dear. 4 hours and 52 minutes. I've overshot."
"Indeed you have, but you earn a hidden exemption for that."
Sylvester: "I do? Sweet."

*
*
*


Song: "I'm so sunburnt. But I have to record new observations."

It appears that 0/200 points have been earned, making the pot 140/410 points. Is the Mole exerting their prowess?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!