Tuesday 14 November 2017

36.03-Non-plant-whisperer


In the last episode, Theresa Meyers could not enjoy her stay and the satisfaction from the successful earning of all 100 points from the first mission. She was executed and the Mole's first victim. Perhaps she should have had her fortunes read while searching for her horoscope. But nevertheless, the show must carry on with eleven. Who will be next?

*
*
*


Colt: "I am so glad that Theresa is gone. Now I have the whole bed to myself. And she was so unladylike. How dare she get a job as an influential leader? Is she crazy? Is she trying to start a revolution? Women should stay at home and make bread for men, I say."


Violet: "Come on..."


Violet: "Pork chop."


Song: "Violet, I hope you do realise that you talking to yourself and the plants around you is very unnverving."


Violet: "Spoken like a true non-plant-whisperer."


Yves: "I like anything with a steady beat."


Yves: "And it looks like your heart beats for me."


Yves: "Come closer. I have a secret to tell you."


Yves: "I love your eyes."


Paris: "Oolala! I love ze hot breath on my ears!"


Paris: "You are so nice to me, Yeevess."


Yves: "You can call me anything you like, babe."


Paris: "I came looking for love. Zat is my number two goal, after visiting ze snowy Himalayan mountains, of course. Yeevess is nice to me and I am starting to zink zat he is ze one."


Sharon: "Eight hours of sleep is very important."


Sylvester: "Not when you have a job like mine. I have big shoes to fill. My grandfather, the great Officer Roscoe, had to work late nights or power through countless weeks without rest to nab the nastiest of villains."
Sharon: "I would never do a job like that. I can't imagine myself doing it...or any job, for that matter now that I think about it."

*
*
*
The eleven contestants have each been given a car for their next mission. They are to drive to a parking lot. In each car there is a button. If nobody presses it, everything is as per normal. However, as long as one contestant presses the button. The first five who press will be guaranteed a spot in the final ten (as long as they press after the cue is given and before reaching the parking lot) while the other six must decide who will be force-eliminated. There is also walkie-talkie in each car attached beside the wheel for contestants to communicate with one another. For every contestant who does not press, 10 points are earned, making this mission worth 110 points. But is that what contestants will be concerned about?


Sharon: "This is such a cruel mission. In fact, this whole experience has been eye-opening-cum-cruel, from the people you meet to the missions you do to the contestants who are eliminated. Presented with such a dilemma, it's hard to think that nobody will want to press."

(To differentiate, if the speech is in italics, the contestant is not communicating via walkie-talkie.)


Violet: "I'm going to press, you all. Safety is more important than money."


Ainsley: "I'm going to press, definitely. F*** all of the others."


Sylvester: "I want to press, but should I? 110 points is a lot and at stake."


Song: "I don't want to press but there will definitely be someone, aka the Mole, who will want to press."


Paris: "I zink zat if nobody presses but ze Mole, zen it is obvious who ze Mole is, no?"


Stephanie: "Pardon me, but that is a highly unrealistic expectation, though I concur that not everyone should press. Past the first five, anyone who presses the button is wasting points. Is there any way I can convince you not to press, Violet?"


Violet: "Nope. I already pressed it."


Ainsley: "Same here."


Sylvester: "You do realise it's not counted, right?"
Violet: "I'll keep pressing until I reach the endpoint."


Stephanie: "I think it was futile to try and communicate. Everyone who wants to press would have done it the moment they stepped into the car. Someone could press and then switch off the walkie-talkie, so it was a pointless effort."


Colt: "I have some time to decide what I want to do."


James: "Should I press the button, guys?"


Colt: "Don't press it."


Violet: "He can do whatever he wants. He's a big, grown man who's independent and capable of making his own decisions."


Song: "I agree with Colt. James, do not press the button."


Stephanie: "I also agree to not push the button."
James: "Okay, then I won't."


Colt: "Violet, what were you trying to do? Make us lose points?"


Bryan: "I think James should press the button. It's more important. It's like an exemption."


Bryan: "James is an idiot. That's plain as day. If we tell him to press, he'll press once now and never again, so he'll think he's safe even though he's not. And even if he is safe, he's not a threat to us all. He can stay a little longer."


Yves: "I'm listening and making a mental note of everything being said."


Sharon: "Yikes! I haven't driven in such a long time I nearly got into an accident."


Stephanie: "I have to do it. Just say it and don't think so much...guys, how about we all say what we are going to do?"
 Colt: "Do you really think everyone's going to do as they say, princess? Don't be so naive. Get back to your palace."


Stephanie: "He's so rude. I regret talking."


"You may press your buttons now!"
Sharon presses the button.


Violet: "Who's pressed already? Hello? Anyone? Answer me."


Violet: "I want to press so badly, but those points... they all make a good point."


Paris: "Are you going to press, Violet?"
Violet: "Yes."


Paris: "Then I will press as well."


Violet: "Forget it. I shan't press. I'm almost here anyway. Maybe I get a hidden exemption for being the first to make it."


Violet has reached the parking lot.


Stephanie: "Since there are bound to be some who will press, I will have to do so as well to have a fighting chance."


Colt: "I am so pressing it."


James: "I pressed the button."
Song: "What? Why? Didn't we tell you not to press?"
James: "The host said to press so I did."
Song: "He said may, not must!'


Yves has reached the parking lot. He is the sixth to do so.


Ainsley presses the button.


Sylvester: "Ah, it's too late for me to press now. Forget it."


Song: "Even James pressed. I think I should focus on making it first. I need to carefully evaluate every action."


Sharon: "How many of you have pressed already?"


Bryan: "Forget it, Sharon. It's too late to press now, definitely. I didn't press, if that's any comfort."


Sharon: "Then I won't press either."

*
*
*


"Welcome. Firstly, let us reveal the order in which you arrived:
Violet
Paris
Stephanie
Colt
James
Yves
Sylvester
Ainsley
Song
Bryan
Sharon.

Let us now reveal who pressed:


"Paris pressed.


"So did Song.


"Colt pressed the button.


"Stephanie pressed as well, as did Ainsley.


"James too pressed the button.


"Yves pressed the button. That is seven. But who are the first five to press?"


















































































"Paris pressed first."
Paris: "Yes!"






















































































"Yves was second."
Yves: "I'm making it through!"



















































































"Song is third."
Song: "That's one less execution. Phew."





































































































"The fourth to press was Stephanie."
Stephanie: "I am relieved that I did not waste points."










































































































"Colt is the fifth and last one to be guaranteed a place in the final ten."
Colt: "Good."


"Ainsley and James pressed, but Ainsley was slower than Colt and James was the last."
Ainsley: "I can't beleive this."
James: "Too bad."
Stephanie: "I think we all pressed instantly, but the reaction times affected our placings."


"Among the six of you, one of you will be forcefully eliminated from the game. You may discuss before making your decision."
James: "I think Bryan can go."


Sharon: "Why so?"
James: "I don't like him."
Sharon: "I don't want to get my hands dirty. All of you are so nice."


Sylvester: "How about Ainsley? I think his selfishness isn't very appreciated by the group."
Ainsley: "You call it selfishness, I call it trying to protect my own interests. Everyone is fighting for themselves. Who's fighting for me? This mission just proves my point. Why aren't any of you volunteering to leave? How about we choose James instead? He's not going to last long; we all feel that way deep down."
James: "Me? What did I do to you?"


James: "I'm okay with anyone as long as it ain't me."


James: "If not Bryan then Violet."
Violet: "Gee, stop flip-flopping. You're a man."
Ainsley: "I have to agree with this choice. Didn't you announce that you would press the button? So why didn't you? Were you trying to create strife and confusion? That's what a Mole would do."


Sharon: "But would the Mole really risk this by not pressing the button?"


Bryan: "I think that if the Mole was eliminated, producers will find some way to bring them back."
Sylvester: "So you're saying that anyone who leaves now will return?"
James: "Then Bryan please volunteer yourself."


Song: "They're fighting really heatedly. I'm so glad I don't have to be a part of that."


Sylvester: "This is just so cruel and not thought out. The Mole definitely has to press the button. Maybe the Mole gets to press before any of us. Which makes Paris suspicious."
Violet: "Then we're just picking who we want out."
Ainsley: "How about we go for a majority? Those in favour of getting rid of Violet, please say 'I'. I."


James: "I. I want the Mole out."


Violet: "So you think I'm the Mole?"
James: "Maybe."
Violet: "All this just comes as a shock."


Sharon: "I. Sorry, Violet. I don't want it to be me."


Violet: "Now I know who my true allies are. Here's a hint: it's none of you."
Sharon: "We just need one more vote. Is anyone else going to vote?"


Bryan: "I'm not sure. I think we should really use this chance to remove who we don't want, maybe because we don't like them or because they're a threat."
Sylvester: "Violet is unpredictable. That's what I feel. And also scary because she talks to herself. So I'll say 'I'."


Bryan: "I guess it's really settled then. What I say is no longer important. Violet is eliminated."


Violet: "If that's the way then let me suicide by going 'I' too."


"Violet Flowerina, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Bryan: "I'm really sorry about this, Violet."
Violet: "At least you didn't vote for me."


Bryan: "I'm just shocked that the tables turned on you. I don't know how to comprehend all of this."
Sharon: "Violet, I am really sorry. I hope you don't take this to heart. In my position, I believe you would have done the same."


Violet: "No worries. I know how hard it is. It's such a horrible feeling for all of us. If I must blame, then I blame the producers for coming up with this lousy idea for a mission."
Sharon: "I wish you good luck in your future endeavours."


Colt: "Why is this so hard to accept...I do pity that poor girl. That's no way to go."


Song: "It's so unfair, but life is unfair."


James: "I feel kinda bad, Steph. Do you think I did something wrong?"
Ainsley: "It had to be done. I think we should just not think about it."
Sylvester: "Let's just think of the good times. She was such a fun woman who really took care of the Earth and contributed to society through her research. She's a successful woman that we should be proud of and emulate."
Ainsley: "I wouldn't go that far."


Yves: "I'll send her off with my portable drum kit."
Violet: "I'm trying so hard not to cry now. It's such a horrible feeling, really. I didn't go home because I was lousy, I went home because I was peer-pressured into doing so."


"You get to keep the car as a memento."
Violet: "That's a plus but I would have preferred an African Violet."


Violet has been force-eliminated, though by no fault of her own. Yet the show still must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!