Saturday 3 June 2017

31.05-Hidden in plain view


Previously on the Smole, the contestants had to embark in trios to try and look for relics. However, in each trio there was at least one resistance member, leading to all the relics being destroyed and 0/120 points being earned. The pot stood at 100/220 points when Giselle was executed. Who will be next? Who is the Mole?

***


Melvin: "I'm still trying to get used to the weather here. The days are really hot but the nights are really cold. Thankfully there's a thermostat in our bedrooms."


Sydney: "I'm stoked that that c*** has finally said bye. Aren't you, Angie?"


Angie: "Such a pity, though I like the bed. I feel that the Mole is picking off the strongest players first. Could we be next?"
Sydney: "Nah, we must be on the right target so that the Mole can't cost us to leave even with a penalty. Speaking of which, who do you suspect?"
Angie: "A lot of everyone. To be honest, even you. How about you?"
Sydney: "I feel upset that you suspect me. I'm tellin' you, it's Jacob."


Melvin: "I think we should form a coalition. We're both the science guys. We can put our brains together. I heard Angie and Sydney are working together. They're a force to be reckoned with. Especially Sydney."


Aaron: "Why, sure. We'll beat them two. Just tell me who you are first."
Melvin: "Melvin?"
Aaron: "No, your alignment."
Melvin: "Oh...I'm from Mercucorp."
Aaron: "Interesting. You know that I'm from the resistance, so that means in the previous mission..."
Melvin: "Oh, you were serious about that?"

***


Sydney: "Why are you working out every day?"


Max: "I must work hard and be in peak condition. I must be the best. I must win."



Jacob: "Hmm, mail? I wonder what's in here."


Jacob: "Oh. It's our next mission. I better call the others."

***


In this mission, there are photographs of contestants on the second floor. Contestants have five minutes to look at them all because they don't get a chance to after that. After that, they must find out where each photo was taken. For each landmark correctly identified, 20 points are earned, making this worth 120 points in total. They have three hours to look for the landmarks. If at the end of 3 hours, a contestant's photograph is not identified, that contestant gets an exemption.


"Your five minutes begins now."


Melvin: "Huff..."


Melvin: "How am I the first one up here?"


Jacob: "After you."


Aaron: "How gentlemanly."


Melvin: "Okay, got it."


Sydney: "That's me! I'm not going to find my landmark for obvious reasons."


Another photo.


Aaron: "That's Jacob. If I can get him to divulge where this photo was taken, it'll be easy."


Sydney: "Okay, that one is by sand, and there's a door behind Jacob..."


Angie: "Green grass? I'm sure there are places in Al Simhara but where?"


Angie: "Another one with grass. What's that behind him?"


The last photo.


Sydney: "I can't find Spongebob's photo."
Melvin: "Who?"
Sydney: "The yellow one. Max Chin or however you pronounce it."


Melvin: "I haven't seen his photo either, now that you mention it."


Angie: "Oh, there it is. Hmm, it's rather dark. I can't see clearly."

***


Sydney: "Angie, I've got an idea. We tell each other where we took our photos so that we don't go there. And we can try to avoid everyone's other landmarks except for one."


Angie: "Oh, how devillish. You want to make everyone get an exemption but one, making that contestant executed automatically. Are you going to do it to Max?"
Sydney: "No. As much as I like to, that's wasting it. If we can make sure the Mole is the only one without an exemption..."
Angie: "But how can we convince everyone else to do the same?"
Sydney: "We try. If it doesn't work, we become suspicious, which is a win."


Aaron: "We came together at the end to try and decide who should look for which photo. I don't like how secretive everyone is being about their whereabouts. Angie also approached me, saying that she and Sydney had an idea to expose the Mole. All I had to do was to not do anything."




Off they go.

***


Sydney: "I've always wanted to go tomb exploring."


Angie: "I didn't really intend to play the game by Mole-ing..."


Sydney: "Are you scared? Pok pok pok! Angie's a chicken!"


Angie: "Please, I've put out fires firemen were too scared to approach. This is nothing."


Sydney: "I thought you weren't coming down."
Angie: "Why that face?"


Sydney: "There's a disgusting skeleton behind me."

***


Melvin: "A door..."


Melvin: "Is this Jacob's? I think this is Jacob's."
Melvin: "That is correct. 20 points have been earned and Jacob has lost his exemption."


Melvin: "Yes! I guess I'll go to the next pyramid."

***


Aaron: "Angie and Sydney approached me and told me not to do anything so that everybody but the Mole gets an exemption. I think that expectation is highly unrealistic."


Jacob: "They didn't talk to me."


Aaron: "That's not important now. Who is by the sphinx?"
Jacob: "That's uh me. Yessiree."
"Unfortunately, that is incorrect. If anyone else finds this location and gives the correct answer, points will not be awarded."
Aaron: "Did you just lie in front of my face?"
Jacob: "Sorry. I want that exemption."

***


Sydney: "I wonder what's in here."


Sydney: "Tomb raiding is so cool. I hope they have a mission for this."


Angie: "It looks like we need a moon-shaped key."


Angie: "Found it?"
Sydney: "Yup. Here you go, mate."

***


Melvin: "Ruins and a pyramid...I think that was Max's."
"Unfortunately, that is incorrect. If anyone else finds this location and gives the correct answer, points will not be awarded."
Melvin: "No? What went wrong?"

***


Sydney: "I always preferred free and easy."


Sydney: "What just happened?"


Angie: "I don't know..."
Sydney: "Let's take the stairs down."


Angie: "Interesting.


Sydney: "EEP!"


Angie: "It's just a skeleton. I thought you're from the land of everything that tries to kill you?"
Sydney: "Yeah, but I don't see skeletons every day, mate."


Angie: "Another room."


Sydney: "You're stronger than you look."
Angie: "Did you hear that?"


Angie: "There's a map here."


Angie: "Would've been helpful if we got it from the start."


Sydney: "I heard that voice too. Let's get out of here quickly."

***


Aaron: "This is where my photo was taken."
"That is correct. 20 points have been earned and you have just given up your exemption."


Jacob: "Why the hell you do that for, man?"


Aaron: "To make up for you costing us 20 points."


Jacob: "I dunno what to make out of it, man.  Why would Aaron give up the exemption unless he's the Mole? But why would the Mole willingly give us points? This mind woohoo is gettin' too much for meh."


***


Angie: "This isn't a game. You shouldn't touch everything and anything."
Sydney: "It's calling for me."


Angie: "I suspect this is a hidden door."


Angie: "Will you help me here?"


Sydney: "You can do it! But didn't you just say not to touch everything, mate?"


Angie: "This could be an escape route."


Angie: "Why else is it hidden behind a wall?"


Angie: "Wow."


Angie: "Come look."


Angie: "The rich history all in one room. If only I can analyse this."

***


Max: "This doesn't match any backgrounds."


Jacob: "Hey, where's Aaron? He's so far behind."


Melvin: "This looks like Sydney's photo."
"You are correct but you are too late."

***


Aaron: "Wait up for me. I must supervise."


Jacob: "Those ruins over there remind me of the ruins in Max's photo, if I recall correctly. I think this is Max's photo location."


"Unfortunately, that is incorrect. If anyone else finds this location and gives the correct answer, points will not be awarded."
Aaron: "Jacob..."
Jacob: "Whut? It makes sense, alrighty-o?"

***


 Max: "A ship...where did I see a ship...Melvin! But this is not green..."
"Time's up! Only Jacob and Aaron's landmarks have been found and awarded 20 points each. You earned 40/120 points, or 140/340 points. Everyone except Jacob and Aaron has an exemption so only they are vulnerable to the next execution."

***
BLOOPERS:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!