Sunday 25 June 2017

32.01-How do you taste age?


And it's another season of the Smole! On the Smole, contestants take part in challenges called missions to earn points for the pot, where 1 point equals 100 Simoleons (we decided to be more thrifty--sending contestants overseas is costly and begins to add up after 32 seasons, after all). However, there is a traitor among them, called the Mole. This Mole will sabotage while trying to keep their identity a secret. The contestants have to find out who the Mole is and put their knowledge to the test in quizzes, whereby the lowest scorer is executed. In the event of a tie, the one who is slower will be executed. This season, this will continue until the final 4 is reached: 3 contestants and 1 Mole. Also, this season will determine the winner based on the final quiz alone. Should there be a tie in the finale, instead of taking into account all the quizzes, the tiebreaker would be determined by how many times the contestant put the Mole's name down on the quiz. If there's still a tie, then previous scores will be accounted for.

Without further ado, let us see who are the lucky eight who get to go to Champs Les Sims this season! Who amongst them is the Mole?


Is it Margaret Welsh, 24, waitress?


Or is it Sophie Stewart, 30, unemployed?


Is it Dmitry Gustav, 38, astronaut?


Or is it Monica Harback, 28, songwriter?


Could it be Ivan Klades, 29, unemployed?


Or perhaps it's Caleb Styles, 34, fashion designer?


Is it Bryce Wells, 21, university student?


Or is it Immanuella van Coevorden, 48, nurse?

***
Contestants get to settle in before embarking on their first mission.


Ivan: "Wow, that chick looks she's went under the knife too many times."
Bryce: "She's right behind me and right in front of you, you know?"


Margaret: "I'm in it for the money. What are you in for?"


Dmitry: "Eh, fun, I suppose. I am bored."
Margaret: "What do you work as?"
Dmitry: "An astronaut. I get to work one day a week and earn a lot of money so it is nice. Just boring."
Margaret: "Woah, I wanna have a job like you. Instead I'm stuck with my stinkin' job because my Gran was making a will one day and she said she would only include me in her inheritance if I get a 9-5 job. I just needed a breather from the uniform and everything."


Margaret: "Psst...let me tell you a secret. I'm not actually in it for the money. I'm in it for the men. Okay, both. And I definitely caught that Russian man's attention. I noticed he was checking me out a couple of times."


Ivan: "Dude, you're a dude! Why the hell are you wearing makeup? Are you a tranny?"
Sophie: "I don't deal with trannies."


Caleb: "What, can a guy not wear makeup? We had a lot of these folks on the show already. And while it seems to reinforce a stereotype, I just want to look my best."
Ivan: "Someone's insecure."
Sophie: "So you're not a tranny? Phew. I guess I can appreciate someone who wants to look good. You're a fashion designer, right?"
Caleb: "You bet I am. I believe in fashion for the everyday Sim instead of that haute couture high fashion hodge podge."

Sophie: "Hi everyone. I'm Sophie Stewart. I'm the daughter of Angel Stewart. There. I addressed the elephant in the room. I've seen how ordinary fellows can become famous after joining the Smole. This is my chance to jump at it. I mean, sure, my mother is evil and everyone knows she had a past, but I'm not my mother. I don't care what she does as long as I live the good life...well, let's not air that last sentence. I need to make a good impression. Besides, she's the Mole. That's insta-fame right there by being associated with her! No press is bad press, am I right?"


Immanuella: "Why is there a ladder here? I wonder where it leads..."


Immanuella: "So this is where we get to confess some things. I have something to say right now. I've just entered a really dark world. A friend recommended that I signed up for the show to take a breather. I never really saw the Smole, so yeah...they do have something similar, WIDM, in my hometown. I'm from the Netherlands by the way. But I wasn't a fan of all that. I don't know why I'm here, really. But I only just arrived and I see some playing the game hard and trying to look suspicious already. Hopefully I know what I'm getting myself into."

***


"Now that you've got a chance to meet everyone, it is time for your first mission. I need three contestants with sensitive taste buds and five with a gift for music."


Bryce: "I'm no good with music. Maybe other art forms but definitely not music."
Immanuella: "I'm fine with anywhere."


Ivan: "I'm going into the group of three."
Margaret: "Okay. I'm going too. I'm not talented in music and I think I'm quite sensitive, in some areas." *winks*


Dmitry: "I will not be able to help at all with the music. I think I'll fare better with the food challenge. I assume it's a food challenge."


Dmitry: "Monica, right? You are a musician. You will definitely do well with the music group."
Monica: "Oh, thanks for thinking so highly of me! I'm not a musician but more of a songwriter."


Monica: "But I do play the harmonica. But I'm not sure if there will be a harm...erm, this is awkward, yes it is...I'll just stop talking now."


Dmitry: "...So, are we all fine with this settlement? I, Ivan and Margaret will be in one group and the rest in another?"


Caleb: "I suppose music's closer to what I do...though barely. The other group is so vague though."
Sophie: "I bet it's something to do with good food. I've enjoyed quite some good food before."


Ivan: "No. I don't trust you. You're Angel Stewart's daughter. You could be the Mole for all we know."
Sophie: "Fine. I'll excel anywhere."


"Dmitry, Margaret, Ivan, please enter the first car. The rest, please enter the second car."

***


The five contestants will go to Town Square. There are five instruments to play. Music will play from the fountain. Each of them will play an instrument and try to match the sound being played. Only when everything is synchronized will they be able to hear clues that will help the other group. The audio is being recorded and directly streamed to the other group, assuming they realise it. This mission lasts for 20 minutes.


Bryce: "Okay, we should all pick instruments we're best at, or suck at least."


Bryce: "Someone like me will probably be suited for the drums, if you all don't mind. I really don't know you all that well to assign the instruments so just pick one and try your best."


Monica: "Hmm..."


Monica: "Someone decided to become the leader...I think I should keep one eye on him...I don't mean that literally. It's just an expression people use when...I'm rambling again aren't I...ha...ha...hahaha...kthxbye."


Immanuella: "I don't mind anything."
Bryce: "How about the piano? That sounds the hardest to play well."
Monica: "I guess I'll take the guitar...?"


Monica: "If only there was a harmonica..."
Sophie: "Dude, no way, Bryce. The bass is the hardest. It's so big. Actually, I'd like to play it. I can use this to prove myself."


Caleb: "That leaves me with the keyboard."
Bryce: "Is everyone okay with it? Yes? Well then, go team go!"


Immanuella: "That's the spirit. Let's do our best, everyone."


They start playing.


Caleb: "I hear a keyboard. I think I need to press...that doesn't sound right."


Sophie: "Is it my turn yet? Did I hear a low string-instrument-like sound?"


Immanuella: "I wish I didn't stop learning how to play the piano when I was a child."


Bryce: "This is kind of fun, actually."

Bryce: "I'm more of a sentimental, sensitive kind of guy, even if it may not seem like it. Banging on the drums and cymbals was fun but really not my style."


Monica: "Do I press this? Why aren't we given lessons beforehand?"

***

"You three will get to taste some of Champs Les Sims' finest wine."
Margaret: "Woohoo! You've got the right girl for the job."


"There are five bottles of wine of different ages. Your job is to arrange them in order, from youngest to oldest. You have 20 minutes to do so. If you get the order correct, you earn the group's first 100 points."


"To help you, we have invited one of the town's best connoisseurs, Noelle Saint James, to give a crash course on wine tasting and appreciation. After she finishes her crash course, she will leave immediately so pay close attention."

***


5 minutes have passed and nothing good is coming out of it so far.


Caleb: "The French here must think we're crazy. Just a bunch of foreigners out on the streets plucking and hitting stuff they've clearly never touched before and creating such a ruckus and is destroying the beauty of the place."


The music is still playing, but only when all the instruments are in sync will the message be clear.


Sophie: "I think I'm getting the hang of things."


Caleb: "Okay, so these keys produce a higher note. Do I need to follow that closely though?"


Bryce: "I just realised how the drum sets the beat for everything. I didn't even realise I chose the most important role."


Immanuella: "The sound is slow enough for us to follow but it's incredibly hard to hear when it's my turn with all that noise, especially since I'm the furthest away."

***


Ivan: "Here are samples from each bottle,"
Margaret: "Wait! Don't drink it yet! Let's all gather first."


Margaret: "Okie-doke. This one is from that purple bottle, right? The one you put back down?"


Ivan: "I think so."
Dmitry: "I honestly felt that lesson was useless and crap. How do you taste age?"

***


Bryce: "Oh my god...I think it's working. It's actually working!"


Immanuella: "We're doing great! Keep it up!"


Sophie: "It's so hard to reach."


Caleb: "Oh dear. I missed my turn."


Monica: "Argh, I messed up again. Okay, you can do this! Oh gosh, did I actually say that out loud?"

***


Dmitry: "I'm sure we can find a way. Let's just think."
Ivan: "I think that the Merlot one is the youngest. So we swap this one."


Audio: "The youngest are Cabernets, 1 and 2 never separate. Syrah is middle-aged, merlot is older than Syrah."


Ivan: "That stereo is saying something!"


Margaret: "I don't hear anything."
Dmitry: "Me neither."
Ivan: "Shh. You missed it. I heard something about merlot being older than Syrah."


Margaret: "Which one is Merlot...ah, found it."


Margaret: "The texture is round. Tastes a little bitter though."


Ivan: "I'm drinking the merlot too."


Ivan: "I don't know how you describe round..."


Ivan: "Wait, there are only 5 samples. How can we both be drinking merlot wine?"


Ivan: "Wait, your glass says Merlot #1. And mine says Merlot #2."


Margaret: "I think this is quite young, but probably not the youngest."


Dmitry: "We should all taste everything. Don't finish it all. Pass some to me."
Margaret: "Wait, let me sip a little more first."


Dmitry: "Fine. I will take this one...Syrah."


Dmitry: "Oh, God."


Dmitry: "This is spicy."


Dmitry: "Not a big fan of it. Here, let's exchange."
Margaret: "Wow. Not the best wine I had. Probably hasn't aged enough."


Ivan: "We're not here to determine which is the best wine. We need to arrange wine by age. Dmitry, pass me your Merlot #1."


Ivan: "Hmm...does feel a little different."


Dmitry: "There are so many flavours in my mouth. I can't tell which is which any more."
Margaret: "Let's go and arrange some of the wine, shall we?"


Ivan: "Yes, we need to. It's over 10 minutes already."


Ivan: "Alright, I heard that merlot is older than Syrah."
Margaret: "I think the Merlot #1 is quite young though, so if we move this..."


Ivan: "Excellent. We're getting somewhere."
Margaret: "We haven't tried the Cabernet Sauvignon yet."


Ivan: "We should go and try it. What's Dmitry doing?"


Audio: 'Syrah...aged..."
Dmitry: "Did I hear Syrah aged?"
Ivan: "Get over here, Dmitry."


Dmitry: "I was trying to figure out the lingering taste in my mouth."


Dmitry: "I think this is the order."


Ivan: "Wait, let's define the order. From Margaret's perspective, the left is the youngest and right is the oldest."


Dmitry: "Yes, I got that. Maybe these two should be switched."
Margaret: "Are you sure?"
Ivan: "Let's go taste the remaining wine."


Ivan: "I'm taking Cabernet Sauvignon #2."


Ivan: "Wow, it's very...how did that lady describe it...bold? Gripping? Let me try the other."


Margaret: "Mm, yes. This is definitely gripping. And firm."


Ivan: "Yours is definitely less gripping."
Margaret: "It's more delicate. There are pencil box bell pepper notes too."
Ivan: "Wait, what is Dmitry doing?"



Dmitry: "That idiot switched the order!"


Dmitry: "I'm just doing what I feel is right."


Ivan: "You're the Mole, aren't you?"


Ivan: "Stop sabotaging."


Dmitry: "I am not the Mole."
Ivan: "I caught you in the act. How do you explain that?"


Dmitry: "I heard the stereo say that Syrah is aged."
Ivan: "Are you sure? I didn't hear it. And you didn't have to act so furtively."
Dmitry: "Ugh."


Margaret: "Guys, let's stop fighting. We have a mission."


Dmitry: "I think I heard Bryce's voice. They must be telling us the order through the stereo."
Ivan: "Ignore him. Okay, this is Merlot #2..."


Ivan: "Merlot is older than Syrah but I'm not sure if it's both."
Dmitry: "I do not think merlot is so old."
Margaret: "I think it is both. The Cabernet Sauvignon was very young...what was it again? #1?"


Dmitry: "Fine. Ignore me. I don't understand this crap anyway."

***


"Time is up. Please stop playing."
Sophie: "I still don't know what the hell we had to do."
Bryce: "Did we earn points?"
Caleb: "I recognise some of the words in our message. I think we were helping the trio."


"Time is up. Let's see if you got it right. Your fellow contestants had to play instruments in such a way that they provided clues to help with the arrangement. But you also needed help from the expert. Did you get it correct? From youngest to oldest, you have Cabernet Sauvignon #2, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon #1, Merlot #2 and Merlot #1."


"This is the correct order, from youngest to oldest:
Cabernet Sauvignon #2
Cabernet Sauvignon #1
Syrah
Merlot #1
Merlot #2.

No points have been earned."


Ivan: "This can't be happening right now."


Ivan: "Dmitry, you have some explaining to do."


Dmitry: "Why me?"
Ivan: "Why the f*** do you think?"


Ivan: "Our order was completely messed up. Not a single bottle correct."
Dmitry: 'It's not my fault. You refused to let me help."


Ivan: "Because you're the Mole! You pretended not to understand the crash course so you could mess up!"
Margaret: "I better leave."
Dmitry: "Why can't the Mole be Margaret?"
Margaret: "S***."


Ivan: "Where are you going, Margaret?"


Margaret: "I'd hate to see you two fight."
 Margaret: "It's just a game. We lost 100 points. Big deal. In previous seasons they started off well but tapered in the end."
Margaret: "There's no use arguing over drunk wine."


Dmitry: "You heard that? ***************."


Margaret: "Let's just go, guys."


Margaret: "I don't think the Mole was here with me. Why would e Mole make it so blatant? I would pin down swapping two bottles as a Mole move but all five? Maybe the Mole is laying low right now, trying to sabotage in the other side by creating some sort of distraction?"


Dmitry: "What the f***, man? Like, what the flying f*** is wrong with the blondie? As soon as something goes wrong he starts pointing his finger at me. They say those who accuse first are guilty, because of some psychology or something."

0/100 points have been earned and relationships have been soured right from the start. Will things get better with time, as wine does with age?

***

NEXT EPISODE:



Immanuella: "I guess I should leave."
Margaret: "So, Ivan, you're quite the wine expert, aren't you?"
Ivan: "Shut up. I'm not here to find a partner."

***


Caleb: "AAH! Oh, how embarrassing."
Sophie: "I salute you for bothering to look good on screen but not for being such a pussycat."

***


Bryce: "Caleb, Dmitry and I were forming a coalition."

***


Caleb: "This is awkward. I never intended to play this way but now I have 2 coalitions. One of them being with Sophie."

***


Sophie: "Let's see how. I have a pact with Caleb which nobody knows about apparently. I can get info from Bryce and Dmitry through Caleb. And I have one with Marge too. It doesn't hurt to build contacts."

***


Monica: 'I wonder if the magnifying glass I brought will be handy. Maybe I can spot some clues."

***


"Welcome to your first execution ceremony. In front of you is a TV screen. If it turns green when your name is called, you're through. If it's red, you're out."

***


"Unfortunately, you are the first to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!