Friday 12 July 2019

45.14-Clean enough


In the previous episode, the final four went to a church not to lessen their sins but add to them. After 8 rounds of talking about others behind their backs, Kelly made it to the end point first and thus clinched the final exemption, guaranteeing her a spot in the final three. Because nobody talked about her, 50 bonus points were earned to make the pot 421/1200 points. Is Kelly really that innocent and sin-free? Or is she the Mole? Who will join Kelly in the finale and who will not?


***


Kelly: "Am I happy that I got the exemption. It shows my hard work has finally paid off. See? There's nothing hard work and determination won't get you. Okay, I kept the others at bay to secure my chances but everyone will be fighting for the final exemption. I was also responsible for 50 points by the way. If not for me those poor blokes would have walked out with absolutely zero points."

***


Max: "Kelly, did you use my toilet this morning? It's gotten dirty now."


Kelly: "No I did not. I have a toilet next door to my room."
Max: "I heard that you leave things broken. Your shower and toilet's broken so you go to another bathroom to use it."


Kelly: "Excuse me? If anything, the rest of you are the culprits, not me."


Kelly: "Oh for Christ's sake. I can't even relax and read the news in peace."


Max: "You should clean up after yourself, Kelly. It's inconsiderate of you to use other people's stuff and then dirtying them. You're not living in a dorm with hired cleaners. Don't be so spoilt."


Kelly: "Me? Spoilt? You want to get your vision checked? I am the one who always cleans up after the rest of you. Ask Brianna if she ever had any problems with our toilet. She's got no complaints because I'm a responsible shitter. The toilets upstairs are shared by three of you. What makes you so sure that I'm the one who dirtied it? Don't be so damned lazy and clean up after yourself, you monkey. You spotted the mess. Go clean it up yourself instead of whining. Or must I do everything around here to take care of you guys?"


Kelly: "I just finished an intensive study session and my brain cannot handle any more nonsense. I just sat down to relax and I am not getting up to entertain your whiny arse."


Max: "Sheesh, I was just asking. No need to be so touchy. I'll go clean it myself."
Kelly: "Yeah, that'd be right."


Max: "Ew."


Max: "How do all the housewives do it? It's so disgusting."


Max: "Is it clean? It looks clean enough."

*
*
*


Brianna: "About the other night...you said a lot of things."
James: "Like what?"
Brianna: "Like how you can't fix everything and how much you want to make it up to a special someone."


James: "I said all that?"


James: "Surely you don't take it seriously. I was drunk."


Brianna: "The drunk tend to vocalise their innermost hidden thoughts."


James: "That's just a rumour. Think nothing of what I said."


Brianna: "Who's that woman in your wallet anyway? You already showed me her photo. You might as well tell me about her."
James: "I hate myself."


James: "That woman was the one who took care of me when I was younger. She taught me everything and raised me to be the man I am today."


Brianna: "Er..."
James: "I know what you're going to say. Save it. She taught me to be highly motivated. I don't blame her for our state of finances in the past. I blame my cowardly parents who couldn't suck it up and fix their own family."




Brianna: "Is that what you meant when you said that there were some things you couldn't fix?"
James: "You can think that way."
Brianna: "But that doesn't explain why you have to keep making the same mistakes."


James: "What mistakes?"
Brianna: "You said it yourself. You said there were some mistakes that you have no choice but to keep on making."


James: "Change is futile now anyway."


Brianna: "I know it doesn't make sense for you to give up what you already confirmed have for a gamble but some things must be done. We can't fix world hunger but that doesn't stop us from trying."
James: "That's a bad analogy."
Brianna: "That's not the point. The point is that you can't just do nothing just because the alternative is uncertain or hard. Especially not when you know your current state is wrong."


James: "It's not wrong. It's just not ideal."
Brianna: "What would make it most ideal?"


James: "If she could be here enjoying the riches with me, but she's dead. Nothing can change that."


Brianna: "What would your caretaker say to the current you?"


James: "To be a good citizen and contribute to society. And to eat well and sleep well, be a good man, live and let live."
Brianna: "Sounds like there are a lot of things she would say to you."


James: "But she never got the chance."


James: "I was too late. Like I said, none of it matters now. I don't believe in heaven and hell and all that nonsense. I believe in what I see before me and shaping my own future."


Brianna: "I understand your drive, James. I also want a better life, a better job and pay too. I want women to be treated on the same level as men."


James: "Where is this going? I sense a 'but'. But what? Is this about Guillermo's journal? He told you I took it, didn't he?"


Brianna: "I know you're not a bad man at heart. Kelly told me that the two of you found it behind his bed the morning after his execution. He had just misplaced it. Why didn't you think of explaining it to us?"


James: "I didn't expect him to tell you. And he's executed so there's no point anyway. He only has himself to blame."
Brianna: "Yes, it's his fault and he wronged you. Surely you're not that petty."


James: "Is that who I am to you?"


Brianna: "That wasn't what I meant. I just don't understand why you would let others think you're a dirty cheater who will stoop to anything."


James: "Maybe I am."
Brianna: "You know you aren't."


James: "Why do you care?"
Brianna: "Because like it or not, we are working together for money. If we keep staying this divided the Mole will beat us hands-down. And also, I feel like I've only gotten to know you since that night you were drunk."


Brianna: "Bottom line is you should think about the pot if not yourself or the rest of us. Maybe if you learned how to care and show it, we wouldn't be stuck in this mess today."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole have a tattoo?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: In Mission 7, which car did the Mole ride?
A: Green car
B: Gold car

Q4: In Mission 7, was the Mole a driver or passenger?
A: Driver
B: Passenger


Q5: In Mission 7, where did the Mole start?
A: Top left corner, nearest to the podium
B: Top right corner
C: Bottom left corner
D: Bottom right corner

Q6: In Mission 7, in what order was the Mole closest to the end point after the mission?
A: First
B: Second
C: Third
D: Furthest

Q7: In Mission 7, which statements did the Mole text?
A: Max owns a pet dog.
B: Brianna wants to quit her job.
C: Max subscribes more to Western values than Eastern values.
D: Brianna likes to read the Harry Potter series.


Q8: How many wrong statements did the Mole text in Mission 7?
A: 0
B: 1

Q9: In Mission 7, was the Mole texted about?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Brianna McWinner
B: Zhao Qun
C: James Christian Sol
D: Kelly Hoggart

*
*
*


"Contestants, today three of you will be over the moon while one will be crushed. Only one of you can make it to the finale with Kelly, who will witness who joins her and who falls short."


"Let us start with you. Zhao Qun."
Max: "Come on..."



























































































































































































































































































































































































































"Unfortunately, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Max: "Damn it."
Brianna: "Oh!"
James: "That went faster than expected."


Max: "Congratulations to the three of you. You made it into the finale a second time. I was so close. I tried my best. Unfortunately I didn't make it. I really wanted to win but I'll accept defeat. All the best."
"Thank you for joining. We hope to see you again."


"Kelly Hoggart, James Christian Sol, Brianna McWinner, congratulations. The three of you are finalists once again. However, for one of you, this has been known the whole time. Who will win this season? And who is the Mole?"

Max has been executed and he graciously accepts defeat. With only three left, which one of them could be the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!