Sunday 7 July 2019

45.12-Deflections and protections


The contestants didn't do too well under pressure in the previous mission. Brianna was the unlucky one to lose her points as the timer went off, causing her to lose the 60 points she had garnered in the mission. The rest of the group racked up 125/350 points in total. The pot has 371 points but it is a far cry from the 1020 points they could have earned. There was no exemption to be awarded to anyone which means that anyone could be going home again. Who will it be?


***

Brianna: "I am pissed that the fireworks went off at my turn. I had the second highest amount. That's 60 points down the drain. And we have idiots like James and Kelly who don't pull their weight but still abuse the points by wasting them on deflections and protections. I swear this group will be the death of me. I don't want to end up winning 1 measly point."

***


Brianna: "Hey Kelly. I'm just popping by to see if I left anything behind."


Brianna: "Wow. That's a lot of books. They're gonna topple over."


Brianna: "Carry on revising your journal. I'm just doing a quick check."


Kelly: "Need any help?"
Brianna: "Hey, that isn't a journal. That's a textbook."


Brianna: "Kelly, why are you reading that? You're not in university right now."
Kelly: "Learning is a continuous process. I can't just drop everything just because I'm here right now."


Brianna: "Well yeah, but don't you think revising your journal instead will be a better use of time?"
Kelly: "I already did this morning."


Brianna: "You can remember all the details already?"
Kelly: "I have a timetable planned out to maximise every second."


Kelly: "I know how to plan my time, don't you worry."
Brianna: "Okay then. I guess I'll be on my way."

*
*
*


Guillermo: "James, did you see a book while you were packing?"


Guillermo: "He's not here."


James: "I miss you."


James: "What the hell do you think you are doing?"


Guillermo: "Oh James! I thought you weren't here."


James: "Of course you hope I'm not here. So that I won't be catching you in the act of theft."


Guillermo: "Theft? I'm just looking for something. Since you're here, did you happen to see--"
James: "Who the hell let you into my room?"


Guillermo: "It was unlocked?"
James: "That doesn't give you the right to just barge in and ransack my room. It's a downright invasion of privacy."


Guillermo: "Calm down. I wasn't trying to invade your privacy."
James: "But you already did."


Guillermo: "Why are you so afraid anyway? Do you have something to hide?"
James: "It's none of your business."


Guillermo: "How do I know you didn't take my journal?"


Guillermo: "I bet that's what you're hiding. You're trying to get me executed by stealing my journal. You're downright despicable."


James: "I have no interest in your journal."
Guillermo: "You're a hypocrite. You shouted at me for invading your privacy when you were the one who did that by stealing my journal. How much did you read?"

James: "I can sue you for slander."
Guillermo: "I'm not afraid of you. I have the money to battle it out with you."


Guillermo: "You think you can just push everyone around just because you're a scrummy lawyer who'll do anything for money?"


James: "Get your facts right. I did not take your journal."


Guillermo: "You moved here and my journal is nowhere to be found. Do you take me for a three-year-old?"


James: "You're crossing the line, Guillermo. I did not step on your toes. Stop hurling insults at my integrity."
Guillermo: "You're despicable. You'll do anything. I bet if you had to sell your family for money you'll do it in a heartbeat."


James: "Yes I would. Happy now? If selling my family could get me out of poverty back then I would have done it instantly."


Guillermo: "You admitted it yourself. You're disgusting. You'll do anything to win, and anything for money. You'll even sell your soul to the devil and betray your loved ones. I detest you."


James: "I never said anything about my loved ones."
Guillermo: "You claiming I made it up? The cameras caught all that."


Guillermo: "You messed with the wrong man. Rot in hell, James."


Guillermo: "Sorry. Took a wrong turn."
Brianna: "There was a lot of shouting from the other side."


Max: "Want to play a game with us?"
Brianna: "It's not every day I let others into my room to use the amenities."


Guillermo: "Sure, why not?"
Brianna: "So what was going on back there?"


Guillermo: "I don't know."
Brianna: "I'm not buying that."


Guillermo: "My journal went missing and I'm confident James took it."
Brianna: "He what?"
Max: "That's not cool."
Guillermo: "I don't know if he did, but it can't be a coincidence."


Brianna: "Did you get it back? I heard your voice."


Guillermo: "No, actually. I don't know why I flared up. I'm not the type to easily lose my temper. You can ask my men. They like to pull all kinds of tricks on me and they don't hate me. I'm one of the nicest commanders they have."


Max: "I would be upset if my journal was stolen. That's so unethical."
Guillermo: "Yeah. I can take a joke but this is too much. My life is on the line."


Brianna: "What are you going to do now? James has your journal and knows who you suspect and everything."


Guillermo: "I know. What upsets me most is that he insists he is innocent and had the nerve to accuse me of invading privacy."
Max: "I think we should confront him. You can break a single chopstick but not a hundred bundled together."


Brianna: "You can't just go in without a plan. You'll end up manipulated by him. Trust me. I've been in that position before. It's horrible when you realise."
Guillerm: "She's right."
Max: "Then what do we do? Sneak in at night?"


Max: "Whatever you choose to do, I'll have your back. You can come to me if you need any help. We aren't coalition partners for nothing."


Guillermo: "Yeah...we aren't..."

***

Max: "I am disappointed in James just like how he's disappointed in me. He's resorting to dirty tricks in this game. How dare he take Guillermo's journal. He's bent on getting him executed. If the reason why James is disappointed is because of my unwillingness to resort to anything to win, then I rather he stay disappointed. I don't want to be like him. But our goal right now is to take back the journal. We came up with a plan. It'll work."

***


Brianna: "James, quick, I need your help."


James: "What help?"


Brianna: "The shower downstairs is broken. I need you to help me fix it."


James: "I'm not the repairman. Get someone else."
Brianna: "But you have to help. Kelly said you're the only one who knows how to repair plumbing."


James: "This is why I didn't want to do it in the first place. Once you start everyone's going to use you."
Brianna: "It's not like that. You don't want smelly contestants, do you?"
James: "What's it to you anyway? Didn't you move up here?"


Brianna: "Er...yeah, but I don't want to fight for the showers or be walked in on."


James: "Just lock the doors. Now if you'll excuse me."
Brianna: "You won't help?"


James: "No."


Max: "Why did he walk this way?"
Brianna: "I'll distract him. Quickly go."


James: "Why did you follow me out here?"
Brianna: ""I didn't realise you own the place."


Brianna: "You should play some music to lighten the mood."


Brianna: "Dance with me."
James: "You're acting really strangely. Something is up."


Brianna: "Nothing is up. Boy I'm thirsty. Pour me a drink?"
James: "Get it yourself."


Max: "Wow, this room looks nice."


Guillermo: "Fan out. We'll search different areas."


Guillermo: "It's not here."


Max: "Your journal isn't here either, but something else is. Want to take a look? He looked at your journal; you have a right to look back."


James: "What are you up to?"


Brianna: "Nothing. Can't I just talk to you?"
James: "I find it hard to believe you want to just talk."


James: "You are planning something. You're trying to keep me distracted. What is your motive, Brianna?"


Brianna: "Nothing, I swear. I...I...er...I just wanted to cheer you up."


James: "Why do I need cheering up?"
Brianna: "Well, you've been looking down and troubled this whole season. That's worrying me."


James: "I don't need your concern. I'm fine."
Brianna: "I don't want to care either but it's not a fun fight if you're not playing it well."


Brianna: "I want this to be a fair game among us. Among all of us."


Brianna: "You don't have to tell me what's on your mind. I don't really want to know either."


Brianna: "Everyone has their right to their own secrets. But you should sort out your thinking because it's affecting your game and mine."


Brianna: "I'm feeling troubled too, to be honest."
James: "Then care to drink the night away?"
Brianna: "I think I need some drinks or two."


Brianna: "Sorry liver, but I have some things I don't want to think about right now."


James: "I made a few extra glasses."


Brianna: "Thanks."
James: "Cheers."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole wear makeup?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: What is the Mole's skin tone?
A: Fair
B: Tanned

Q4: In Mission 6, was the Mole seated in the front of the car or back?
A: Front
B: Back


Q5: In Mission 6, from an aerial view, where was the Mole standing?
A: Top
B: Middle left
C: Middle right
D: Bottom left
E: Bottom right

Q6: In Mission 6, which of the following questions was the Mole asked?
A: Who was the first president of the United States?
B: How many seconds are there in 4 hours?
C: What does the word LASER stand for?
D: Where can the gleuteus maximus be found?
E: How far is the Earth away from the Sun?


Q7: In Mission 6, how many questions did the Mole get correct?
A: 6
B: 8
C: 9
D: 16

Q8: How many points did the Mole earn in Mission 6?
A: 0
B: 20
C: 40
D: 45


Q9: In Mission 6, did the Mole spend points?
A: Yes, to avoid being asked questions
B: Yes, to pass a question to another contestant
C: No

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Brianna McWinner
B: Guillermo Ichtaca
C: Zhao Qun
D: James Christian Sol
E: Kelly Hoggart

*
*
*


"Contestants, on Day One there were double of you here. However, several executions later, only five of you remain. And one more execution later, five will become four. Who will be fifth this season?"


"Brianna McWinner."
Brianna: "Please not let it be me. I had a bit too much and couldn't focus."



















































































































































































































































"You are safe."


"Kelly Hoggart, the only other woman in the game."
Kelly: "I worked hard. I expect to see results."












































































































































































































































"You are safe."


"Guillermo Ichtaca."
Guillermo: "I couldn't find my journal. I hope my coalition was enough to pull me through."






























































































































































































































































"Unfortunately, Guillermo Ichtaca, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Kelly: "Guillermo was an easy man to get along with and often tried to lighten the mood. There goes our happy pill."


Brianna: "Shocked it's you."
Guillermo: "There's no doubt about it. No use crying over spilled milk now. I played the game and I'm out as fifth. It's been my pleasure to come back and face off against formidable foes and work with strong allies. I always believe that an army is only as strong as its troops. Unfortunately my lost journal will be what caused me to fail."


Guillermo: "Nevertheless, I wish good luck to everyone else. I hope Max isn't the Mole and he wins."
"Thank you for joining Guillermo. We hope to see you again."


Guillermo has been executed. Is James the cause, or did Max hinder rather than help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!