Monday 29 July 2019

46.05-Glamping


Previously on the Smole, ten contestants re-enacted the political scene in the early days of Barnacle Bay while the other four went to look at pictures of political leaders past and present. Benedict, Ulrich, Louis and Maria managed to keep 100 points at bay to get an exemption, saving them but not Henry who was executed next. With 100/250 points in the pot, the Mole is hard at work, but who is it?


Edgar: "At least I get an actual bed now. No more glamping."
Tyler: "It's too bad Henry's gone. He was an open book and was so willing to share exactly what had happened and what he recorded. He didn't want anyone to lose out."
Edgar: "He was really chill."


Tyler: "Ow! I hit my head."


Tyler: "I always do that, even in the army."
Edgar: "You served in the army before?"
Tyler: "Doesn't look like it, right? I was a clerk."


Edgar: "Oh, that explains it...no offense, man."
Tyler: "None taken."


Megan: "I don't think anyone will come in here. Nobody will notice."


Megan: "Eek! Sims"


Megan: "Sorry, I didn't know you were here!"


Tyler: "This is our bedroom."
Edgar: "Nice, ain't it? We get an ocean view and lots of other views too. It's a pretty room."


Megan: "Erm...yeah..."


Tyler: "Did you want to come in here and admire the art?"


Megan: "I...I...I..."


Edgar: "Megan!"
Tyler: "Someone call an ambulance!"


Tyler: "I hope she's okay. I feel really bad for her."

***


Megan: "I completely embarrassed myself, Magnus. I wanted to hide somewhere and stumbled upon Tyler and Henry. I never considered where they slept. And then I froze and fear got to me and I fainted. My head still hurts..."

***



Sandra: "You have 3 degrees? And I thought I was smart. You're giving me a run for my money. What degrees do you have?"
Peggy: "Business, accounting and Simlish literature."


Sandra: "All I have is a degree in biochem. Why didn't you go and pursue a related career then?"


Peggy: "I did. I was a business associate at L&L Holdings, but when I had kids I quit my job to take care of them."


Peggy: "What about you? You're a traffic cop. I don't see a connection between that and biochemistry."
Sandra: "I was inspired by my Dad."


Peggy: "You really look up to him."
Sandra: "I do. He's the best Dad I could ever hope for. I just didn't realise it before. Many things happened."


Sandra: "It's funny how I got into this field. My Dad wouldn't teach me how to drive at all."
Peggy: "How come?"
Sandra: "My Mom died in a car crash. That scarred him."


Peggy: "Did he eventually teach you how to drive?"


Sandra: "Yes...and no. It's complicated."

*
*
*


Contestants are at a beach party.


They have been brought to two beaches. Each of them have wireless earpieces that play music. Essentially, they are at a silent disco. They are listening to one of two songs.


Two contestants have chosen not to party. They are Edith and Megan. The two of them must find out who is listening to which song and tell them to move to either beach.


They have 20 minutes to ensure that all contestants on one beach are listening to the same song. Only then will they earn 20 points. However, they can only see the others but not hear the songs. This mission is worth 120 points.


***


Megan: "I hate parties and crowds but do you know what's worse than that? One-on-one time. You're forced to talk to the other party. And the other party is Mrs. Wickham."

***


Megan: "This is impossible."
Edith: "Aren't you a musician or whatever? Unless you slept your way to get into the industry."
Megan: "No! I...I..."


Megan: "I think Maria and Hailey are not dancing to the same tune as the rest."


Edith: "Stupid girl, of course they're not. Did you not realise that instantly? Go and tell them to move!"


Megan: "Erm...erm...hi."
Hailey: "Woo! Wait, that doesn't sound like part of the song."
Edith: "Ms. Charleston, get your filthy insane ass to the other beach! Megan, you are hopeless."


Maria: "Do you hear something?"
Benedict: "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"


Maria: "Megan and Edith are telling me to go to the other beach."


Benedict: "HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"


Benedict: "HAILEY TOO?"



Sandra: "This is more fun than I thought."


Svetlana: "Oh, okay. Moving over now."


Sierra: "This sounds like a very old song."


Megan: "Okay,  Svetlana is moving over now."

***


Maria: "We were dancing to the music in our heads until Megan and Edith suddenly interrupted our feed and told us to go to the other beaches. Once they stopped talking the music started to play again."

***


Hailey: "Cool bonfire party. Let's shake things up."


Maria: "La LA lalala..."


Megan: "That doesn't look quite right."


Edith: "Stupid girl, what have you done? The three of them were supposed to stay together. Instead you sent them running off in different directions."


Megan: "I...you are right...erm...Svetlana....hi, it's Megan. Erm...erm...erm...go back please. Okthanksbye."


Megan: "Erm...Mrs. Wickham?"
Edith: "What is it? I am trying to concentrate here."


Megan: "I was just wondering which one of them you think...nevermind."


Edith: "Speak your mind, girl. You're not mute."
Megan: "I...erm...wondering...if...erm...who is...the..?"
Edith: "Oh for God's sake, did nobody teach you how to talk in school or did you have some failed mouth surgery? Stop stammering! Are you trying to ask about who I think is the odd one out? That's a stupid question to ask. Why do I have you here for if I have to do everything myself?"


The 20 minutes are over. Edith and Megan have decided that these four are listening to the same song.


Whereas the others are listening to another song.


However, that is incorrect. These contestants are the one listening to Treasure by Bruno Mars.


And these are listening to How Deep Is Your Love by The Bee Gees.

*
*
*


Contestants will rotate roles. Tyler and Sandra are the next two to take a break from partying.


Hailey: "WOO!"


Edith: "I'm too old to dance. Stop shaking your booty like you're trying to lure men. Edgar, don't you dare sexually harass her. Why is nobody listening to me? OW! WHO TURNED THE MUSIC ON SO LOUD?"


Sandra: "Edith, Megan and Peggy don't know how to dance."
Tyler: "Can't really blame them. It's awkward, even more so if there are onlookers who think you're crazy. Glad to get out of the party."


Tyler: "Edgar and Louis look like they're dancing to a different song."
Sandra: "Are they? Let me try and see if they fit the other group."


Sandra: "Everyone seems to be dancing the same...no, wait. Some of them are swaying slower."


Sandra: "I'll tell Megan and Edith to head to the other beach."
Tyler: "After that we should move Hailey over."


Tyler: "I think Svetlana should go over too."


The 20 minutes are over. This group is dancing to Into the Sunset by Mako.


This group is dancing to How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes. Tyler and Sandra are correct, earning the group the first 20 points of the day.

*
*
*


Hailey and Sierra are the next pair.


Will they succeed?


Hailey: "Edith isn't even dancing."
Sierra: "I pray that they do not ever need to dance to save their lives."


Sierra: "What is Peggy doing? Is she driving a car?"


Hailey: "I don't think she belongs. We should move Peggy over. Louis too while we're at it."


Sierra: "I disagree. Louis and Peggy are dancing differently."
Hailey: "Everyone reacts differently to songs. To me they're dancing the same song."


Sierra: "No they aren't. We should do this systematically. Move a group over and then observe, and then move again."
Hailey: "Fine, do it your way. I don't care."
Sierra: "I do not care about your feelings."


Sierra: "Where did Peggy learn how to dance? And why did Megan move off the camera?"
Hailey: "Are you asking me? I thought I'm invisible?"


Sierra: "I do not need to babysit a child. Focus on the mission. We should move Edith over."


Edith: "They are out to make me a laughingstock! Horrible music and horrific getups? We do not need to show skin to dance. I am not training to be a hooker. And who do they think they are, telling me to move here and there? I only want to come here because it's cooler and there is a bathroom at least. Which barbarians didn't install a bathroom on the other beach? Do they want us to pee in the ocean? Disgusting."


"Time is up."


The two groups have been sorted incorrectly.


These are the ones listening to I Got A Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas."


These four heard Happy by Pharrell Williams.


Sierra: "Ugh! It is all Edith's fault! She is too slow!"

*
*
*


Next up: Svetlana and Louis. Will they earn points?


Svetlana: "Sierra is alone. That can't be right."


Louis: "The rest are gathered on the beach. I see Tyler tapping his feet."
Svetlana: "Edgar is really into it."


Svetlana: "Your call. What do we do?"
Louis: "I'll make the first move. We will then alternate."


Louis: "Hailey and Benedict need to split up."


Louis: "Benedict, go over to the other beach."
Benedict: "WHAT WAS THAT HAILEY?"
Hailey: "ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?"


Svetlana: "Sandra, go to the other beach."


Louis: "Edgar, go to the other beach."


Svetlana: "Hailey, Maria and Ulrich are performing the same dance move."
Louis: "It must be an iconic dance move. What song could they be listening to?"
Svetlana: "Does it matter?"
Louis: "It will help us figure out if we're on the right track."


"Time is up."
Louis: "We were close."


These are the ones who heard Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.


Whereas they heard U Make Me Wanna by Blue.

*
*
*


Ulrich and Peggy are next to watch the dancers.


Ulrich: "What do you think?"
Peggy: "I really cannot tell with Megan. Her moves are so small. However, it's clear that Sandra is singing a different tune."
Ulrich: "I agree."


Ulrich: "I think Louis and Maria are the same as Megan."


Peggy: "What are they doing?"


Hailey: "Bok bok bok!"
Svetlana: "Bok bok bok bok bok bok!"


Svetlana: "This is fun."
Hailey: "Bok. Bok."


Hailey: "Bok."
Svetlana: "Oh my gosh Hailey! Are you alright?"


Peggy: "I think they are trying to tell us that one of the songs is a chicken dance song."
Ulrich: "I have never heard of a chicken dance song."
Peggy: "You haven't?"


Ulrich: "Nej. But at least we know the two of them are listening to the same song."


After 20 minutes, Peggy and Ulrich have decided that these group of contestants are hearing the same song.


This group is hearing a different song. They are correct, so 20 more points have been earned. This group is listening to Roar by Katy Perry while the others heard Taylor Swift's Shake It Off.

*
*
*


The group has one last chance to earn points.


Maria: "Everyone is at a beach."
Edgar: "That definitely isn't right."


Maria: "Megan, go to the other beach. Tyler, go to the other beach."


Edgar: "Hey hey hey, we're supposed to be discussing this and working together."


Maria: "We do not have enough time for that. The 20 minutes includes the time it takes for them to travel. Ulrich, move to the other beach. Edith, move to the other beach."


Tyler: "I'm not so sure about that, Maria. I think Ulrich and Tyler are separate from Edith and Megan."
Maria: "Then move them back."

***


Edgar: "So Maria and I were the last two. She refused to work together and kept making decisions on her own. Not cool. I'm not surprised that we had it wrong in the end."

***


After 20 minutes, these are the two groups that Maria and Edgar have sorted the rest into.


However, it is incorrect.


Hailey and Svetlana did not hear Clean Bandit's Rather Be unlike the other three.


They belong with the other group, who heard Come Together by The Beatles.


This makes the pot 140/470 points thanks to 40 points from this mission. For once, nobody is exempt, which means whoever has escaped execution can no longer do so. Who will be executed next? Who is the Mole?

*
*
*

SUMMARY:



Songs:
Treasure by Bruno Mars
How Deep Is Your Love  by Bee Gees

How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes
Into the Sunset by Mako

I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas
Happy by Pharrell Williams

Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
U Make Me Wanna by Blue

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
Roar by Katy Perry

Rather Be by Clean Bandit
Come Together by The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!