Saturday 20 July 2019

46.01-Yahoo!

NOTE: I had to rewrite the ENTIRE POST because Blogger stupidly overwrote this episode's draft as the second episode's draft i.e. my first episode became my second episode. Stupid Blogger... (don't know how many times I said that already)

Rant over.






This is the 46th season of the Smole. In this season, 15 brand new faces compete for a chance at the grand prize, and they decide how much they earn. They do this by taking part in missions to earn points for the pot, with 1 point being worth 1000 Simoleons. However, there is a spy among them known as the Mole, specially hired by producers to sabotage and deceive. Whatever doesn't go into the pot, the Mole receives. The others must find out who the Mole is before it is too late and they get executed by scoring the lowest in a quiz. If there is a tie, the slowest one gets executed. This continues until only three remain: the winner, the runner-up and of course, the Mole.


Time is crucial in this season. Contestants will now know the time they took for each quiz but not if their time was the reason for their survival. This could be an advantage if they play the game right, or it could be their downfall. It all boils down to one question: Who. Is. The. Mole?

NAME: BENEDICT FOREMAN
AGE: 40
OCCUPATION: GYM INSTRUCTOR
"THE RELAXED MOLE"

NAME: EDGAR ELLIN
AGE: 32
OCCUPATION: MUSICIAN
"THE POPULAR MOLE"

NAME: EDITH WICKHAM
AGE: 64
OCCUPATION: UNEMPLOYED
"THE AGGRESSIVE MOLE"

NAME: HAILEY CHARLESTON
AGE: 30
OCCUPATION: WEATHERWOMAN
"THE UNPREDICTABLE MOLE"

NAME: HENRY GOULDING
AGE: 33
OCCUPATION: ELECTRICIAN
"THE GENEROUS MOLE"

NAME: LOUIS CHAMBERLAIN
AGE: 41
OCCUPATION: TISSUE PAPER MANUFACTURER
"THE DEVIOUS MOLE"

NAME: MARIA GONZALEZ
AGE: 26
OCCUPATION: PROFESSIONAL TRACK RUNNER
"THE EFFICIENT MOLE"

NAME: MEGAN OPUS
AGE: 25
OCCUPATION: SONGWRITER
"THE QUIET MOLE"

NAME: PEGGY VOX
AGE: 46
OCCUPATION: HOUSEWIFE
"THE SMART MOLE"

NAME: SANDRA RIUS
AGE: 27
OCCUPATION: TRAFFIC COP
"THE REBELLIOUS MOLE"

NAME: SANJAY VIKRAM
AGE: 31
OCCUPATION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
"THE HARDWORKING MOLE"


NAME: SIERRA DAS AUTO
AGE: 28
OCCUPATION: FOOD CRITIC
"THE SNOBBY MOLE"

NAME: SVETLANA PARTRIDGE
AGE: 29
OCCUPATION: ZOOKEEPER
"THE FUN MOLE"

NAME: TYLER JACKSON
AGE: 24
OCCUPATION: BUSINESS ANALYST
"THE THINKING MOLE"

NAME: ULRICH ZIMMER
AGE: 43
OCCUPATION: BUSINESS MAGNATE
"THE CALCULATED MOLE"

***


Megan: "Hi Magnus. I don't know how but I'm on the Smole. Too bad you didn't make the cut. I wish I knew how the selection process works but I don't. We were supposed to be a part of this together. Now I'm surrounded by unfamiliar faces and the worst part is that there are 15 of us in total this time."

***


Tyler: "It's a dream to be on the Smole but I did not expect that I would actually get onto this show. It's going to be an intense season, definitely. I guess I'll have to take each day as it comes."


Edith: "They don't seem to spare a thought for the elderly. For the first 'mission'...why do they call it a mission anyway? We're not actual spies nor do I want to be one. Where was I before you interrupted me, hm? Oh yes. The mission. We had to go fishing. And while I don't mind fishing, I'm an old lady. You can't expect me to stand for hours fishing. It's like they didn't even take me into consideration."

*
*
*


Contestants will be fishermen in the first mission. They have to fish for boxes. Some boxes contain points, some contain exemptions with their names on it and some contain a surprise.



Contestants cannot open up the boxes to see what is inside.



Owing to the large group, some contestants will be fishing downstream.


Contestants have one hour to fish.


They can earn up to 150 points in this mission.

***


Maria: "It was a nice and peaceful first mission. We get to be outside and enjoy nature. I'm not used to the slow pace but I welcome the change. I am here to try something different, after all. I want to win at something different."

***


Hailey: "Ow! Stupid mission. Why did they have to do fishing?"


Svetlana: "Watch your head."
Megan: "Watching it."


Edith: "Young man, what do you think you are doing? Why are you standing so close to me?"
Edgar: "I'm just fishing, granny."
Edith: "Granny? Where are your manners?"


Edgar: "Sorry...ma'am?"


Svetlana: "I got my box."


Megan: "My head..."


Svetlana: "That was easy. I wonder why they don't let us open the box though."

***


Svetlana: "I caught my box very quickly. It was an easy and fun mission but I should have expected that things weren't that simple."

***


Sandra: "What's your name?"
Ulrich: "Ulrich Zimmer."
Sandra: "Oh, you have an accent. Do you mind me asking where you're from?"
Ulrich: "I am half-Dutch, half-Swede."
Sandra: "Ah, that explains it. I'm Sandra Rius. Nice to meet you."


Hailey: "I'm going somewhere else to fish."


Hailey: "Oh my god, it's a waterfall!"


Hailey: "That explains the noise."


Ulrich: "Some of us should focus on the mission."


Peggy: "I caught something!"


Peggy: "It's a herring."
Maria: "We should be catching boxes, not fishes."


Benedict: "I have a box."


Benedict: "That was easy. All I had to do was to wait for a box to come floating by."


Louis: "I have it too."


Louis: "I'm tempted to see what's inside."


Edith: "I've had quite enough, young man. Stop sexually harassing me."
Edgar: "I'm not, I swear. I don't know why my pole can impale you without killing you."


Edith: "You're trying to kill me? How rude. Stay away from me."
Maria: "I got something."
Peggy: "Good job."
Maria: "Oh, it is just a fish."


Peggy: "You sound Filipino."
Maria: "I am. I am Maria Gonzalez. I run track."
Peggy: "Oh, you're a professional track runner?"
Maria: "One of the best in the country. They call me Speedy because I am the fastest."


Edith: "My whole body is aching. I'm going to get a heat stroke. Where are the medics? And here I thought the UK healthcare system was horrendous."


Edgar: "...Bitch."


Peggy: "I finally have something that isn't a fish."


Maria: "I have something too."


Maria: "It is a box."


Svetlana: "You can do it. I believe in you."
Megan: "You do? Thank you. I believe in you too."
Svetlana: "That's nice, sweetie, but I already got my box."


Tyler: "I can't believe I actually got something."


Hailey: "I want to give up but there's no way I'm losing out to the rest of them. There must be a reason why we're collecting boxes."


Sierra: "This is ridiculous. I am not even properly dressed to fish."
Sanjay: "Neither am I."
Sierra: "Don't talk to me."


Henry: "I'm reeling in something big."


Henry: "Aha, a box."


Sanjay: "We should get to know each other better since we are here. I am Sanjay Vikram. I come from India and work as a software engineer."
Sierra: "Why are you talking to me?"


Sierra: "At least we don't have to engage in small talk any longer. I have my box."

***


Sierra: "He thought he could talk to me. Does he know who I am? I am Sierra Das Auto, the renowned food critic from Germany. I came here to win and expect nothing less. I did not come here to make friends, especially not those who cannot take care of their hygiene properly. Did you see that bush coming out of his chest? Disgusting. Just disgusting."

***



Edgar: "This is chill and relaxing and all, but I'm getting tired just standing around doing nothing. Oh wait, I think I see a box."


Edgar: "Yahoo! I finally got it!"


Sanjay: "How much more time do I have left?"


Sanjay: "Oh, I feel something."


Sandra: "I have a box."
Ulrich: "So do I."


Ulrich: "Thank you for teaching me how to fish."


Sandra: "It's my pleasure. I used to fish with my Dad when I was a child. He was the best Dad..."


Hailey: "Where is the stupid box? Grr!"


Hailey: "Wait, I feel something."


Hailey: "Took you long enough."


Hailey: "I finally have my box."

*
*
*


"Contestants, your one hour is over. All of you except Edith and Megan have a box. There were two empty boxes floating along. You have caught at least one of them. There are also two boxes of points of 50 and 100. One of you managed to get one of the boxes. There are also exemptions for nine of you. You can earn 150 points if you are willing to exchange everything you have gained in this mission."


Tyler: "I should have seen it coming. This is like the first mission in Season 19 of Wie is De Mol."
Sanjay: "What is the Mole?"


Sanjay: "I think we should exchange."


Benedict: "Why? There are exemptions for nine of us just like that. We didn't have to do anything."
Louis: "Exactly. We have 9 exemptions. That's a 9/15 chance that we are exempted."
Sandra: "And a 40% chance we aren't. What if we're in the 40%?"
Edgar: "I'd like to say something."
Edith: "Nothing from your mouth is worth listening to."


Edgar: "Ouch. Anyway, I also think we should not exchange. We also have points. Best case scenario is we have 100 and worst case is we have 50. That's not so bad. Plus we might also be exempted. Even if we don't there's still 5 others to fight with. Hope is not lost." 


Ulrich: "I agree with Sandra. It is the best move to exchange. We will be able to get 150 points immediately and it is the fairest option. How many seasons have passed by with a low pot because of contestants' obsession over unnecessary guarantees? The chance of us leaving first is very low. It is like spending 100 points on exemptions if we don't switch."


Peggy: "100 points on 9 exemptions. It is not a bad deal."
Edith: "Hogwash! Either we all get the exemption or none of us do."
Peggy: "You're just worried that you won't be safe."
Edith: "No, I am just thrifty and now how hard it is to earn money. Unlike you."
Peggy: "Hey, I'm a housewife. I know how to save money too."


Megan: "Can we not fight? Harmony breeds harmony. I don't think we should hurt the group dynamic so quickly."


Svetlana: "I agree. We should exchange."
Sandra: "What group dynamic? We only just met each other."
Hailey: "So you're going to play it that way, huh? MOLE!"
Sandra: "Would a Mole recommend 150 points in the pot? Really?"

***


Hailey: "It was chaotic. It just so happens that I thrive in chaos. My plan here is to screw around a little. I like to think that I was responsible for steering the discussion to a favourable outcome. I went against Sandra for the LOLs. This is going to be a fun season."

***


Tyler: "I think we should not exchange either. There's a high chance of getting an exemption."



Sierra: "I am not wasting my effort for nothing and that is final."


Maria: "Who made you the leader?"


Maria: "But I agree that we should not switch. I think we should see what we got instead of throwing it away."
Sierra: "If you are going to agree with me I don't see the need for your earlier comment."
Henry: "I say no too. Let's just take a gamble, shall we?"


Megan: "It seems that everyone wants to keep the boxes. I think we should do that then."
Hailey: "Are you spineless?"


Sandra: "How about we put this to the vote? All those in favour of keeping the boxes, raise your hand."
Megan: "Hmm..."


Sanjay: "Everyone is raising their hands. I will do it too."


Megan: "It's a clear majority. I guess I'll vote for the majority as well."
Svetlana: "Traitor."


Louis: "We have a clear majority."


Sandra: "If that's the way most of you feel then I accept."
Louis: "We are saying no deal to the offer."


"Very well. You will keep everything you collected. Will it be the right decision. We shall find out."
Sandra: "Wait, that's it? We're not opening the boxes?"



This fishing trip did not bond the group. They chose to keep the boxes. What are inside those boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!