Monday 9 December 2019

49.03-Spineless slugs


Previously on the Smole, the contestants were split into two groups for the first mission, which brought in 185/260 points and an exemption for Gwen. While the bodyguards outlasted the celebrities in the mission, one bodyguard Kyle failed to outlast the rest in the grand scheme of things and was executed first. Was Nicholas at fault? Will he go home next?











***



Glenn: "It's a pity Kyle left first. I had high hopes for him. The impression he gave me was that he's smarter than he gives away. But I guess I was mistaken. I don't want to sound rude but I'm sure there's a reason why he left first, and there's a reason why he never made it really far in life."

***


Nicholas: "Honestly? I can't say I'm sad. I already tried to pretend to make him feel loved at the execution. But he's just not suited for the Smole. Rule #1: Don't trust anybody."

***


Jade: "It must suck to have your bodyguard leave first. Now you're so unprotected."
Nicholas: "It was largely his fault."


Steven: "How do you know that? Did you guys agree on a suspect together?"


Nicholas: "Yes...and no."


Jade: "What does that mean?"
Steven: "...You lied to him?"


Nicholas: "Everyone's a liar here. Don't act so surprised."


Steven: "But that's a stupid move! Why would you get rid of your bodyguard first?"


Nicholas: "On the contrary, I know exactly what I'm doing. I have all the information I need now. I can take care of myself. I'd suggest you try to look after yourselves first."

*
*
*


Roxanne: "Who did you guys try to penalise? I overheard that it eventually wasn't Nicholas?"


Evelyn: "Don't get me started on it. That ass-licking scum."
Roxanne: "Who?"


Evelyn: "Isaac, who else? He didn't do anything during the discussion and then he has the cheek to claim he tried to talk us down? Never knew he was such a dog."


Roxanne: "Nicholas does have a lot of clout. Isaac is probably just looking after his job."


Evelyn: "I detest spineless slugs like him."
Roxanne: "At least now we know who not to trust."


Roxanne: "Anyway, you haven't answered my question. Which celebrity suffered the penalty?"
Evelyn: "Well, uhm..."


Roxanne: "It's me, isn't it? That's why you're so hesitant."


Evelyn: "I'm sorry, Roxanne. I told them it wasn't a good idea but they didn't listen."


Roxanne: "It's okay. I should have known I would be a target. And maybe they were still upset over the first mission. I'll just have to try and do better."


Evelyn: "But on the bright side you survived it, just like I thought you would."

*
*
*


Glenn: "Gwen, what the hell are you wearing?"


Glenn: "Oh my goodness. What happened to your arms?"


Gwen: "Huh? Oh, it's nothing."


Glenn: "You're covered in bruises! How is that nothing? What's going on, Gwen?"


Glenn: "Is somebody bullying you at home?"
Gwen: "What? No! Don't make wild guesses."


Glenn: "I always wondered why you were so covered up to the point you wore gloves. Do you have scars on your hands and legs as well?"
Gwen: "Just stop asking! I knew this would happen."


Glenn: "I'm just concerned, Gwen. I don't want you to suffer in silence."
Gwen: "Who ever told you I was suffering?"


Glenn: "Gwen..."
Gwen: "I'm perfectly fine. Please don't tell anyone about this. Also, I would like to get changed."


Glenn: "Okay, I'm leaving. But if anything happens you have to let me know, okay?"

*
*
*


Phoebe: "This will take some getting used to."


Jade: "Are you planning on leaving without cleaning up?"
Phoebe: "Huh?"


Jade: "Someone already left the plate there. Don't be the second one."


Phoebe: "Am I supposed to clean up? Back at my old place I didn't have to do the chores."


Jade: "What, are you a princess?"
Phoebe: "What? O-of course not! Don't be silly. I'll clean up right away."


Jade: "I hope she knows how to use a dishwasher at least."
Steven: "I'm sure she's not that spoiled."
Jade: "You're right. Even Nicholas knows how to do the chores.'
Nicholas: "What is that supposed to mean?"


Steven: "What a show off."
Nicholas: "And what is that supposed to mean?"


Jade: "Is that a tattoo on your arm?"
Nicholas: "Of my previous formation. I used to be the leader."
Jade: "That explains why you're so ripped."
Steven: "Guys! Stop talking over me."


Steven: "Oh, what are you still doing here?"
Phoebe: "I...er... do you want me to clean that up for you?"
Steven: "It's fine. I can do it myself."


Phoebe: "I...er..."
Steven: "You don't know how to use a dishwasher, do you?"
Nicholas: "Hey, watch where you're slamming that plate."


Steven: "Oh, did I hit you? I'm so sorry."

*
*
*


Nicholas: "Looks like I'll have to drive myself. You guys didn't think this through, did you?"






For their next mission, contestants will be playing a version of the famous game Psych! Outwit Your Friends. There will be 10 questions. For each question, contestants must come up with a believably wrong answer to fool others. They then later have to pick the right answer among all the red herrings. They get +2 for getting the right answer and +1 for every contestant who picked their answer. At the end of the game, the one with the highest score wins an exemption. This mission is worth 90 points and 1 point is earned for every question a contestant gets correct.


"Question 1: What is a group of zebras called?"


Jade: "Hmm, how about...'a group'?"


Nicholas: "A stripe."


Evelyn: "I think 'a herd' is a very believable answer."


Glenn: "I know this one. Zebras are horses, and horses can be described with the collective noun 'harras'. Let's go with that. I'll be sure to fool the rest."


Roxanne: "This never really came up before, so I'll just have to guess a fake answer...'colt'?"


Gwen: "A blur."


Phoebe: "Er...a stead?"


Steven: "A dozen."


Isaac: "An amalgamation."


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 1: What is a group of horses called?
A: A stripe
B: An amalgamation
C: A dozen
D: A colt
E: A dazzle
F: A group
G: A harras
H: A stead
I: A blur
J: A herd"


"Time is up. The correct answer was E: a dazzle. 8 of you got it correct. Question 2: How many 0s are there in 1 peta?"


Evelyn: "I'm glad I managed to fool Jade. Let me see if I can fool more this time...How about 40?"


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 2: How many 0s are there in 1 peta?
A: 18
B: 24
C: 1 trillion
D: 88
E: 40
F: 10
G: 15
H: 16
I: 29
J: 101"


"Time is up. The correct answer is G: 15. One of you got it right. Question 3: How many words does the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar have?"


Glenn: "I cannot believe I fell for Roxanne's 24. At least she fell for my answer as well. Now, for this question....it cannot be a nice number. How about 22423?"


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 3: How many words does the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar have?
A: 22423 
B: 19703
C: 1000
D: 30000
E: 55555
F: 13146
G: 99890
H: 66666
I: 18000
J: 22403"


"Time is up. The correct answer was B: 19703. 8 of you got it right. Question 4: In which year was Mickey Mouse's first appearance?"


Jade: "Wow. I was really lucky. Now, what's a good year to put down...ah, how about 1878?"


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
 Question 4: In which year was Mickey Mouse's first appearance?
A: 1400
B: 1900
C: 1901
D: 1878
E: 1924
F: 2000
G: 1860
H: 1955
I: 1978
J: 1928"


"Time is up. The answer was J: 1928. 7 of you had it correct. Question 5: What is the estimated population of Italy as of 2019 (in millions)?"


Steven: "My love for Disney paid off in the last question but I can't say I'm great with geography. Does 18 million sound plausible?"


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 5: What is the estimated population of Italy as of 2019?
A: 60.5
B: 80
C: 55
D: 29
E: 2
F: 18
G: 46
H: 100
I: 95
J: 60"


"Time is up. The correct answer was A: 60.5. 3 of you got it correct. Question 6: What does 'bumfuzzle' mean?"


Roxanne: "Of course it's the odd one out. I can't believe I was so stupid. Come on Roxanne. You have to get the rest right. You're an A+ student. Trivia can't get you down...or at least, you should drag others down with you."


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 6: What does 'bumfuzzle' mean?
A: To be stung by a bee
B: To be smacked in the buttocks
C: Warmth
D: Tingly sensation in you
E: Woohoo
F: A weird secretion from your bum
G: Being confused, perplexed or flustered
H: Your hair is on edge
I: To receive a nearly fatal electric shock
J: Of or relating to baby wipes"


"Time is up. The correct answer is G: Being confused, perplexed, or flustered. Question 7: What is the chemical symbol for Tungsten?"


Gwen: "Oh, I actually know this one. And I think most of them would too. Maybe Tn would fool someone? Haven't had much luck with that."


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 7: What is the chemical symbol for Tungsten?
A: T
B: N
C: W
D: U
E: Tu
F: Tn
G: S
H: L
I: Z
J: Tt"


"Time is up. The correct answer was C: W. Question 8: The award for first prize at the 2010 Karaoke World Championships in Moscow was ___?"


Phoebe: "Oh no. I feel so stupid. I hope I get the next one right. But what could it be? A lifetime supply of cherries?"


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 8: The award for first prize at the 2010 Karaoke World Championships in Moscow was ___?
A: A lifetime supply of cherries
B: A trophy
C: A plate from China
D: Condoms
E: A boombox
F: A 100% gold microphone
G: Nothing
H: 1 million dumplings
I: A soccer ball
J: A $1 cheque"


"Time is up. The correct answer was H: 1 million dumplings. 4 of you had it right. Question 9: Which country has a ban on selling gum?"


Nicholas: "Oh, this one. The answer is clear as day. I need to find something equally likely, or something so unheard of it might be possible. Like East Timor."


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 9: Which country has a ban on selling gum?
A: China
B: Luxembourg
C: Europe
D: England
E: Malawi
F: Malaysia
G: East Timor
H: Italy
I: Singapore
J: Finland"


"Time is up. The answer was I: Singapore. All of you got it correct. Question 10: What is the sum of all the contestant's ages this season?"


Isaac: "Goddammit. I don't want to count. I'll just give an estimate of 100."


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer. 
Question 10: What is the sum of all the contestant's ages this season?
A: 325
B: 450
C: 299
D: 310
E: 167
F: 300
G: 100
H: 309
I: 415
J: 490"


"Time is up. The answer was D: 310. All of you got it right. There is a tie, so here is one bonus question for you to boost the score and the pot. Bonus Question: What was Dr. Seuss's first book?"


"You have submitted your answers. They will now all be shown to you at once, along with the correct answer.  
 Bonus Question: What was Dr. Seuss's first book?
A: Dr. Seuss
B: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
C: The Cat In The Hat
D: Lorax
E:  Black and White Cat
F: Hello!
G: Green Eggs and Ham
H:  And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street
I: And He Huffed and He Puffed
J: Dr. Seuss's Short Stories"


"Time is up. The correct answer was H: And to Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street. 7 of you got it correct. With that, the mission has ended. Altogether 70 points have been earned in the mission. Now it is time to reveal the scores. Who got the exemption?"


"Evelyn, can you read out your score?"
Evelyn: "15. I probably scored the lowest, didn't I?"


"Steven, what's your score?"
Steven: "17."


"Gwen, your score?"
Gwen: "16. I scored even lower. I just couldn't trick any of you."


"Glenn?"
Glenn: "20."


"Roxanne?"
Roxanne: "I have 22."


"Jade?"
Jade: "Aw, I only have 19."


"Looks like the highest is Roxanne so far. Phoebe, what's your score?"
Phoebe: "I too have 19."


"Isaac, do you have a higher score?"
Isaac: "Indeed I do. 23."


"If Nicholas has a score greater than 23, he gets the exemption. Nicholas, what is your score?"
Nicholas: "Close but no cigar. 18."
"That means Isaac has scored himself an exemption."

With 255/350 points in the pot and an exemption for Isaac, things seem to be looking up. But will the Mole bring things crashing down?

*
*
*

Summary:

Question 1: What is a group of horses called? 
A: [Nicholas] A stripe
B: [Isaac] An amalgamation
C: [Steven] A dozen
D: [Roxanne] A colt
E: A dazzle (Glenn, Isaac, Phoebe, Roxanne, Nicholas, Evelyn, Steven, Gwen)
F: [Jade] A group
G: [Glenn] A harras
H: [Phoebe] A stead
I: [Gwen] A blur
J: [Evelyn] A herd (Jade)

Question 2: How many 0s are there in 1 peta?
A: [Nicholas] 18 (Phoebe)
B: [Roxanne] 24 (Jade, Steven, Evelyn, Glenn)
C: [Isaac] 1 trillion
D: [Jade] 88 (Gwen)
E: [Evelyn] 40
F: [Gwen] 10
G: 15 (Isaac)
H: [Glenn] 16 (Roxanne)
I: [Phoebe] 29
J: [Steven] 101 (Nicholas)


Question 3: How many words does the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar have?
A: [Glenn] 22423 (Steven)
B: 19703 (Roxanne, Glenn, Nicholas, Isaac, Phoebe, Jade, Gwen, Evelyn)
C: [Gwen] 1000
D: [Jade] 30000
E: [Isaac] 55555
F: [Steven] 13146
G: [Roxanne] 99890
H: [Evelyn] 66666
I: [Phoebe] 18000
J: [Nicholas] 22403

 Question 4: In which year was Mickey Mouse's first appearance?
A: [Phoebe] 1400
B: [Gwen] 1900
C: [Glenn] 1901
D:  [Jade] 1878
E: [Steven] 1924 (Nicholas)
F: [Isaac] 2000
G: [Evelyn] 1860
H: [Roxanne] 1955
I: [Nicholas] 1978 (Evelyn)
J: 1928 (Steven, Phoebe, Gwen, Jade, Roxanne, Glenn, Isaac)

Question 5: What is the estimated population of Italy as of 2019?
A: 60.5 (Glenn, Phoebe, Nicholas)
B: [Jade] 80 (Roxanne)
C: [Roxanne] 55
D: [Glenn] 29
E: [Evelyn] 2
F: [Steven] 18 (Evelyn)
G: [Phoebe] 46 (Gwen)
H: [Gwen] 100
I: [Isaac] 95
J: [Nicholas] 60 (Steven, Isaac, Jade)

Question 6: What does 'bumfuzzle' mean?
A: [Jade] To be stung by a bee (Steven, Nicholas)
B: [Gwen] To be smacked in the buttocks
C: [Glenn] Warmth
D: [Phoebe] Tingly sensation in you
E: [Isaac] Woohoo
F: [Evelyn] A weird secretion from your bum
G: Being confused, perplexed or flustered (Roxanne, Glenn, Isaac, Phoebe, Gwen, Evelyn)
H: [Steven] Your hair is on edge
I: [Nicholas] To receive a nearly fatal electric shock (Jade)
J: [Roxanne] Of or relating to baby wipes

Question 7: What is the chemical symbol for Tungsten?
A: [Roxanne] T (Phoebe)
B: [Nicholas] N
C: W (Roxanne, Steven, Glenn, Nicholas, Jade, Gwen, Evelyn, Isaac)
D: [Phoebe] U
E: [Glenn] Tu
F: [Gwen] Tn
G: [Jade] S
H: [Isaac] L
I: [Steven] Z
J: [Evelyn] Tt

Question 8: The award for first prize at the 2010 Karaoke World Championships in Moscow was ___?
A: [Phoebe] A lifetime supply of cherries
B: [Jade] A trophy (Gwen)
C: [Nicholas] A plate from China
D: [Gwen] Condoms
E: [Steven] A boombox
F: [Evelyn] A 100% gold microphone
G:[Roxanne] Nothing (Glenn)
H: 1 million dumplings (Jade, Isaac, Phoebe, Steven)
I: [Glenn] A soccer ball
J: [Isaac] A $1 cheque (Nicholas, Evelyn, Roxanne)

Question 9: Which country has a ban on selling gum?
A: [Jade] China
B: [Evelyn] Luxembourg
C: [Gwen] Europe
D: [Phoebe] England
E: [Glenn] Malawi
F: [Roxanne] Malaysia
G: [Nicholas] East Timor
H: [Isaac] Italy
I: Singapore (Glenn, Nicholas, Phoebe, Gwen, Steven, Roxanne, Evelyn, Isaac, Jade)
J: [Steven] Finland

Question 10: What is the sum of all the contestant's ages this season?
A: [Evelyn] 325
B: [Roxanne] 450
C: [Nicholas] 285
D: 310 (Glenn, Steven, Nicholas, Isaac, Roxanne, Jade, Gwen, Phoebe, Evelyn)
E: [Steven] 167
F: [Glenn] 300
G: [Isaac] 100
H: [Gwen] 309
I: [Phoebe] 415
J: [Jade] 490

 Bonus Question: What was Dr. Seuss's first book?
A: [Jade] Dr. Seuss
B: [Phoebe] One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
C: [Roxanne] The Cat In The Hat (Nicholas)
D: [Isaac] Lorax
E:  [Gwen] Black and White Cat
F: [Glenn] Hello!
G: [Steven] Green Eggs and Ham
H:  And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street (Phoebe, Evelyn, Steven, Jade, Glenn, Gwen, Isaac)
I: [Evelyn] And He Huffed and He Puffed
J: [Nicholas] Dr. Seuss's Short Stories (Roxanne)

Gwen: +2 +0 + 2 +2 +0 +2 +2 +0 +2 +2 +2 = 16
Glenn: +2 +1 + 3 +2 +2 +2 +2 +0 +2 +2 +2 = 20
Roxanne: +2 +5 +2 +2 +0 +2 +3 +1 +2 +2 +1 = 22
Evelyn: +3 +0 +2 +0 +0 +2 +2 +0 +2 +2 +2 = 15
Steven: +2 +1 +0 +3 +1 +0 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 =17
Jade: 0 + 1 +0 +2 +2 +1 +2 +2 +3 +2 +2 +2 = 19
Phoebe: +2 +0 +2 +2 +3 +2 +0 +2 +2 +2 +2 = 19
Isaac: +2 +2 +2  +2 +0 +2 +2 +5 +2 +2 +2 = 23
Nicholas: +2 +1 +2 +1 +4 +1 +2 +0 +2 +2 +1 = 18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!