Thursday 19 December 2019

49.08-Hoity-toity


In the last episode contestants had to arrange themselves based on how good they were at judging others. They then had to ask one another if they suspected a contestant, then later shoot those who were lying to earn points while simultaneously preventing them from getting an exemption. Steven, Evelyn and Isaac were discovered to be lying, but Jade and Nicholas were caught in the crossfire. Altogether only 20/140 points were added, a stark contrast from the previous mission which has caused the pot to become 475/590 points. Who is the biggest liar of them all? Who is the Mole?



Jade: "Thankfully Steven didn't really suspect me. I would be so upset if he was lying to me the whole time."
Isaac: "But he still lied about whether or not he suspected you. Can you really trust him?"


Jade: "No way. He just wanted the exemption."
Isaac: "And he's shown he's willing to ignore your feelings to get it."
Evelyn: "Why are you so insistent on trying to drive a wedge between us and the celebrities?"


Isaac: "I'm not. I'm just saying we should be careful."


Jade: "My arm is still sore from being hit. It took forever to wash the stain off my clothes."


Jade: "I actually thought you were telling the truth. I didn't think anyone would say yes unless they were telling the truth."
Evelyn: "I was trying reverse psychology. Apparently not everyone thought that way."


Isaac: "So you were getting up to tricks?"
Evelyn: "What? Those weren't tricks. They're just...er...alternative methods of playing."


Isaac: "Sure. Let's call it that."


Roxanne: "Deep breaths...why isn't it working? Am I becoming too tolerant?"


Roxanne: "Evy? What's she doing in the vacant room?"


Roxanne: "Isaac and Jade too?"


Roxanne: "I need to have a chat."


Roxanne: "Evy, you and I need to talk."
Evelyn: "Can it wait? I'm kind of in the middle of something."


Roxanne: "No. It can't. I saw you, Isaac and Jade come out of Glenn and Gwen's room."


Evelyn: "Shit."


Evelyn: "Look, that wasn't what you think it was."
Roxanne: "Tell me what it was then."


Evelyn: "We...were having a discussion about who to penalise."


Roxanne: "I never thought you were such a good liar."


Evelyn: "Roxy, I'm not lying!"
Roxanne: "I overheard what Jade said when she walked out."


Evelyn: "Roxy, I...er..."


Roxanne: "I trusted you, Evelyn. I thought you had my back. I thought you would never betray me. I should have seen it coming the moment I was the first target for a penalty."


Evelyn: "I told you, I tried to convince them not to give it to you!"
Roxanne: "Can I take your word for it?"


Evelyn: "I'm your friend, Roxy. I can't believe you're confronting me over something like this."


Roxanne: "All you had to do was to tell me you wanted a side coalition. You didn't have to lie to me."
Evelyn: "Not everyone is like you, okay?"


Roxanne: "What?"
Evelyn: "Not everyone can take on the world, Roxy. Not everyone is as perfect as you."


Roxanne: "That's not true. I'm not perfect."
Evelyn: "You're good enough. Roxy, I believe you're not the Mole. Surely you don't think it could be me?"


Evelyn: "You don't really think it's me?!"
Roxanne: "No, of course not."


Evelyn: "Then what was the hesitation?"


Roxanne: "What hesitation?"
Evelyn: "You paused for two seconds."
Roxanne: "That's...that's not true!"


Evelyn: "Look Roxy, can we not fight over this? I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. That's my fault. But I can tell there are some things you aren't telling me."


Roxanne: "You're not totally at fault. And sorry if I gave you that impression. I've just been troubled."
Evelyn: "We should make a pact to be completely honest with each other from now on."
Roxanne: "Of course."

***


Roxanne: "I was mad that Evelyn had an entire coalition behind my back, but during the argument I realised I couldn't fight back. I don't have the moral high ground. And I don't want to have to spend my whole life in guilt. I can't let this go on."

***


Evelyn: "Ugh, way to ruin my mood even more."
Nicholas: "Good day to you too."


Evelyn: "Hey...sorry."
Nicholas: "Am I hearing things? Evelyn Kohler is apologising to me?"


Evelyn: "Sorry for targetting you."
Nicholas: "You mean in the mission or since you learned about my existence?"


Evelyn: "Ugh, I admit I have been a bit prejudiced. But that's only because you're sexist."
Nicholas: "Me? What gave you that idea?"


Evelyn: "Right from the mission you called Phoebe 'sweetie'."


Nicholas: "Oh. Are you offended by that, sugarpuff?"
Evelyn: "I can punch you upside down, you know."


Nicholas: "I'm petrified."


Evelyn: "Why? Because you can't take the bruise to your ego when a girl whoops your ass?"
Nicholas: "No, it's because I'm a hoity-toity rich man who's only good at barking orders and hiding behind big burly men to compensate for his insecurity."


Evelyn: "...What?"


Nicholas: "What? I'm speaking from my heart."


Evelyn: "Heh. I admit that you got a chuckle out of me."


Evelyn: "So...er...how's the pants coming along?"
Nicholas: "Oh, you know, in the dumpster. Got my personal tailor to make a new pair for me. Should be coming in a limo in two days."


Evelyn: "I can't tell if you're being serious right now."
Nicholas: "Hm."


Evelyn: "What is up with you? One moment you act like a decent man and the next moment you're as closed up as a clam."


Nicholas: "Is this some ploy to get me to spill my secrets on camera? I'm not dumb, you know."


Evelyn: "What secrets could you possibly have? You're hiding a stick up your ass?"
Nicholas: "Want to find out?"
Evelyn: "Ew no."


Nicholas: "This may shock you, but I haven't always been rich."


Evelyn: "What?"
Nicholas: "It's a big secret I kept close to my heart."


Evelyn: "Ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA."
Nicholas: "Just rich man problems."

***


Evelyn: "I can't believe this but Nicholas actually made me feel better? After the argument with Roxy, Nicholas came in to exercise and then he just cracked me up. Actually, it must have been because I worked up a sweat. No way that sleazeball had a part to play."

***


Jade: "Are we very certain the Mole is Nicholas?"
Steven: "It has to be. It just has to be. You said it yourself. The two most suspected contestants were him and Isaac."
Jade: "Then why not Isaac?"


Steven: "Er..."


Jade: "I can see you are prejudiced against Nicholas. i think you're letting that get in the way."


Jade: "What do you have against him anyway?"
Steven: "Nothing. I have nothing against him."


Jade: "Then why..."
Steven: "It's exactly because I have nothing against him that's the problem. He thinks he is God-tier. We need to bring him back to reality but I don't know how."


Jade: "I'm afraid I can't help you there."
Steven: "There must be a way."

*
*
*


Isaac: "I envy you."
Nicholas: "Even after I shot you?"
Isaac: "You were right. Your senses were very sharp. You led Roxanne to me as well. They weren't wrong to put you as the best judge of character."


Nicholas: "You're more desperate than I thought."


Isaac: "You have everything you need in life: the money, the power, the girl, everything."


Nicholas: "Pray tell. Which girl are you referring to?"


Isaac: "Er..."
Nicholas: "Is there something I should know about you?"


Isaac: "Huh? What does Phoebe have to do with me?"


Nicholas: "Hmm."


Isaac: "Did I do something wrong?"
Nicholas: "No. You just set me thinking. You say you have a half-brother...Silas Allender? Remind me where he works again."
Isaac: "JM&Chase. Just like me."


Nicholas: "I see. Good genes must run in the family. If you have potential, then perhaps your brother does too. I should read up more about him."


Isaac: "You'd do that? For us?"


Nicholas: "Don't think too much of it. I'm doing it for myself. I want Acorlong to be the best bank to have ever existed and that means recruiting all the talent."


Isaac: "I'll be sure to spread the message the instant I can. I think he'll be thrilled to hear the news. In fact, I'll try and persuade the producers to let me speak to him now. Catch you later, Nicholas. And thank you."


Nicholas: "That guy is desperate to suck my toes...too desperate. Why is he trying to put himself and his brother, who is supposedly already accomplished by his own two hands, in Acorlong? There's no way that Silas chap would agree to abandoning his post to jump ship. Isaac as his brother should know that...something isn't right."

***


Isaac: "I need to go buy two bottles of mouthwash the moment I'm free. The ingratiating is making me cringe. I don't have beef with him, but Silas's niece does, and since we're family, her problem is my problem. I pity Joan actually. Since young she was sold to a brothel because of her deadbeat father. When he died of cardiac arrest, my mother remarried. I'm so grateful my biological father didn't try and sell me. But that must be horrible for Joan to endure. She's so caught up with revenge, and it really doesn't even concern  her. It only concerns her new lover, the CEO of Shinda. But I'll do what I can to lessen her pain. Money ain't sharp enough to cut bonds."

***


"Bodyguards, tonight is slightly different. Tonight, both Nicholas and Phoebe have been imposed a -1 penalty for flouting the rules. If either scores the lowest, then that celebrity will be executed. However, you are free to give another penalty to any celebrity over and above this punishment."


Isaac: "This is good."


Evelyn: "I thought you were Nicholas's lackey."
Isaac: "He got what's coming."


Jade: "So do we double penalise? Or do we give it to someone else? Or not at all?"


Isaac: "We should just abstain. Twice the celebrities are already affected."
Jade: "Oh. I was thinking we shouldn't waste it. It's not our fault they're penalised."


Evelyn: "I would agree with Isaac actually. I think our job just got easier."


Jade: "Wouldn't it level the playing field though? At least for the celebrities? If we target someone else."
Isaac: "Woah Jade. When did you grow an opinion?"

Jade: "What are you talking about? I always have an opinion. It's just usually stupid and-slash-or unoriginal."


Evelyn: "I'm putting it out there first. If we're going ahead with this, we are not touching Roxy. She found out about the coalition and we argued over it. I don't want to betray her trust again."


Isaac: "Either you don't get cunning at all or you go all the way."
Evelyn: "You're one to talk."
Jade: "I was actually going to suggest Steven."



Evelyn: "Wait, you turned against him?"


Jade: "What you guys said is right. Especially Isaac. How do I know he won't betray me first? And how do I know he's not completely wrong and dragging me through the mud with him? I have to protect myself."


Isaac: "I've never been prouder. Steven?"
Evelyn: "...Steven."

*
*
*


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Which floor does the Mole sleep on?
A: 2nd
B: 3rd


Q3: What is the Mole's favourite colour?
A: Red
B: Black
C: Pink
D: Purple
E: Sea Foam

Q4: What did the Mole wear during the briefing for Mission 4?
A: Everyday wear
B: Sleepwear

Q5: Who did the Mole shoot in Mission 4?
A: Nicholas Penn
B: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark
C: Jade Puddingface
D: Steven Clyde Stevenson
E: Evelyn Kohler


Q6: In Mission 4, how good was the Mole at judging character as arranged?
A: Best judge of character
B: 2nd best
C: 3rd best
D: 4th best
E: 5th best
F: 6th best
G: Worst judge of character

Q7: In Mission 4, in which order did the Mole ask another contestant?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th
F: 6th
G: 7th

Q8: In Mission 4, did the Mole tell the truth or a lie?
A: Truth
B: Lie


Q9: In Mission 4, what colour paint did the Mole get hit by?
A: Red and Yellow
B: Blue
C: Purple
D: Orange and Pink
E: Green
F: The Mole was not hit

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Nicholas Penn
B: Steven Clyde Stevenson
C: Jade Puddingface
D: Roxanne Nimony
E: Evelyn Kohler
F: Phoebe Holmes
G: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark


*
*
*


"Contestants, tonight, three celebrities received a penalty. Two of them did so because they disobeyed the rules. Let this be a warning to the rest."


"The first to be punished is Nicholas Penn."
Nicholas: "You didn't need to announce it to the whole goddamn world."



































































































































































































































"Safe."
Nicholas: "Is that the best you got? One point down hardly does anything to me."


"Jade Puddingface."
Jade: "Huh? I'm not a celebrity. Why am I punished?"
"You're not. But you could still be executed."
















































































































































































































"Safe."
Jade: "That is a relief, let me tell you that."


"Roxanne Nimony."
"Come on, I believe in myself..."





































































































































































































































"Safe."
Roxanne: "Yes! I did it."


"Steven Clyde Stevenson."
Steven: "I don't have a good feeling."








































































































































































































































"Safe."
Steven: "Fortunately."



"Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark."
Isaac: "Let's find out my fate today."



























































































































































































































"Executed."
Isaac: "Fuck."
Phoebe: "Isaac! Language please."


Nicholas: "Oh, that must suck."
Isaac: "Gee, you think?"


Steven: "Isaac is someone whom you can't quite get a grip on. He never ceases to surprise you."
Roxanne: "Isaac knows how to keep us on our toes."


Nicholas: "He was a wildcard, that's for sure. Such wasted potential."
Roxanne: "Deep down Isaac is a good man working for the group. Sorry it had to be you."


Isaac: "It's fine. We all came here expecting this. Except for the Mole of course. I wanted to be slippery and try to fool you guys but I guess I'm the fool here. I took a step back, and then a step forward, and looks like I hit a mine. I had fun though and I can't say I didn't try. Break a leg, Mole."


Nicholas: "And there goes another one. We had so much unfinished business to take care of."
Phoebe: "I don't know what to feel. I didn't exactly like him, but he was my bodyguard after all."


Steven: "Two men left. I really need to take a good look again."


"Thank you Isaac for joining. We hope to see you again."


Isaac did not predict his execution. With only two men and two bodyguards remaining, who could the Mole be?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!