Wednesday 11 December 2019

49.04-Money-making machine



In the previous episode of the Smole, the contestants had to try and psych each other. With a high score of 23 Isaac managed to break the tie and claim the exemption. 70/90 points were added to the pot, making it 255/350 points. Nicholas is the only one without a bodyguard. Will this be the end for him or will someone else go home instead?

***


Roxanne: "I can't believe I was so close. I must have tied with Isaac. And then I got the last question wrong. If only I was more widely-read, but as a child I never really had the time for leisure. In fact, even now I don't have the time for leisure. When I was in school all I was doing was studying, extra credit and extracurriculars. Trying to breathe was a challenge on its own. Now that I've graduated for good I'm still too busy. My job keeps me occupied enough, and whenever I'm free I volunteer at the local home. I'm not even sure why I listed tennis as a hobby when the last time I touched a racquet was in uni. Not that I'm complaining. My life is very fulfilling and my dad is proud of me. Volunteering is also very meaningful. I can tell what those poor broken souls need is just some concern and understanding. I'm still surviving and I feel I can take on more."

***


Evelyn: "Oh hey Gwen! Want to play?"


Evelyn: "I'll take that as a no."


Evelyn: "She's doesn't like talking, does she?"
Glenn: "She just takes time to warm up to others."


Evelyn: "It's still basic courtesy to greet someone, especially when that someone greeted you first."


Evelyn: "Whatever. I'm gonna wreck you."


Glenn: "I think the odds of me winning are very high."


Evelyn: "Nerd. Ha!"


Evelyn: "Hey, can I ask you something?"
Glenn: "It depends. Do I know the answer? Most of the time I do."
Evelyn: "Does Gwen feel cold?"


Glenn: "Huh?"
Evelyn: "She's always so covered. Even her fingers."
Glenn: "Well..."
Evelyn: "Hm. Hoping you would know. Anyway, it's your go."


Evelyn: "Seriously though. I feel hot most of the time. Or maybe she has something to hide. What if she's the Mole?"
Glenn: "Don't make baseless conjectures."


Evelyn: "Hey! Roxy! Wanna play?"
Glenn: "Shh!"


Roxanne: "It's okay. You guys go ahead."
Glenn: "You're lucky that didn't make me lose focus."
Evelyn: "Dammit."


Roxanne: "I wanted to try out the mixing station."


Roxanne: "I should revise my chemistry while I'm at it."


Evelyn: "Man, Roxy is such a nerd. I wonder if she lived a little during her uni years?"
Glenn: "Maybe she really likes chemistry."
Evelyn: "Makes sense. She's a pharmacist after all."


Roxanne: "And then for a little drop of iodine..."


Evelyn: "NO!"


Roxanne: "Aah!"


Evelyn: "Sorry Roxy! Dammit, that was a hard shot to get in."
Glenn: "Admit defeat."


Roxanne: "It's not your fault. My hands suddenly trembled...oh no."

*
*
*


Isaac: "I still can't believe the Nicholas Penn is breathing the same air as me right now. Is it true that you managed to convince Shinda Corp. to back down from the deal?"


Nicholas: "You better believe it."
Isaac: "Amazing."


Nicholas: "Oh, was that all the praise you had for me? I was expecting more."
Isaac: "Oh, of course! You have very good aim."


Nicholas: "That's not even related to what we were talking about."


Nicholas: "Gah! You jinxed me."


Isaac: "Sorry. I'll make it up to you."
Nicholas: "If I lose because of this you're shining my shoes for a week."
Isaac: "You're on. But if I win?"


Nicholas: "Then I'll offer you a place at Acorlong."
Isaac: "Wait, really?"


Isaac: "Damn. This is a good deal. Acorlong is one of the most well-known banks in the world right now."


Nicholas: "Where do you work again?"
Isaac: "JM&Chase."


Nicholas: "Hm. Heard it nearly made bad investments two years ago. I mean what I say. You'll be better off working with me than a JM&Chase. I treat my staff right. Just ask any of them."


Isaac: "Wow...that's an honour. But I don't want to think I got in by connections."


Nicholas: "Tell me. Why did you become an investment banker?"
Isaac: "I was inspired by my half-brother. Have you heard of Silas Allender?"
Nicholas: "Can't say I have. Must not be working hard enough."


Isaac: "He's leagues ahead of me. He's the whole reason I got into this industry."


Nicholas: "Congrats. You passed the interview."
Isaac: "What?"


Nicholas: "You've got passion. That will get you far."
Isaac: "I don't know."


Nicholas: "Hm? I thought you would jump at this offer. Most desperate bootlickers will offer to suck me off in an exchange for an internship."


Nicholas: "I must say you're definitely caught my attention."
Isaac: "That's such an honour."


Nicholas: "You're not grovelling any more? Was it what I said?"
Isaac: "No, it's just that I'm losing focus."


Nicholas: "I hope your foresight is better than your aim. Because you won't be getting a job if you lose, remember?"


Isaac: "Sorry, you were saying?"


Nicholas: "One bullseye doesn't mean much. Don't get cocky, Isaac. I still got more points than you. Make sure you don't destroy my shoes."

*
*
*


Phoebe: "Oh! Err...hi..."


Steven: "Hey. I'm making pumpkin pie. Want some?"


Phoebe: "Sounds delicious. Do you know how to make cherry pie?"


Steven: "I can make any pie in the world. I'll make some tomorrow."


Phoebe: "Oh, there's no need for that! I don't want to trouble you."
Steven: "It's no trouble at all."


Phoebe: "Pardon me if I sound ignorant, but I always thought bakers needed strong hands."


Steven: "My arms are actually functional, and not just for show like some others."

***


Steven: "I never understood the obsession with fitness. It's taking over the world lately. Men are becoming so vain and self-absorbed. Just look at Kyle. They were just excessive. Do you really need that much...girth? At one point in time it just becomes showing off. Good riddance to him."

***


Evelyn: "Remember we promised not to penalise Roxy again. I could tell she was hurt by it. And I don't want her to leave just because she missed the exemption by 1 score."
Jade: "You told her about it?"
Evelyn: "She asked. I couldn't just lie to her face."


Isaac: "Kyle's gone. It suddenly feels so much more empty. I think we really need to consider our true allegiances. Is it to our celebrities, or is to the four of us here?"


Evelyn: "What are you saying?"
Isaac: "I'm saying that you shouldn't get too attached to someone you hardly know. Kyle was reluctant to go against Nicholas but you were. Look at where both of you are at now."
Evelyn: "No. You promised, Isaac. You promised not to touch her again."


Glenn: "What you say is interesting, actually. The fact that we have to gather here to sabotage our celebrities does suggest something. I'm impressed, Isaac. Didn't think you had it in you."


Isaac: "There's a lot you don't know about me."
Jade: "Do we want to give it to Nicholas? Kyle won't stop us this time."
Glenn: "No. I think he'll get rid of himself sooner or later. He's way over his head. I was thinking Phoebe."


Isaac: "That doesn't help me. I'm already exempt. You should target someone else instead so that my exemption won't be wasted."
Evelyn: "If it's not Roxy, and it's not Nicholas, and it's not Phoebe, that just leaves Gwen and Steven."


Glenn: "I vote Steven."
Evelyn: "I was thinking Gwen actually."


Glenn: "Just because she was rude to you?"
Evelyn: "No, because I don't think she helps us that much. And I think she'll drag you down. It would suck if you left because someone else sucked at the game."
Glenn: "With my tutelage I will ensure that will never happen."


Jade: "What if you're wrong though? Just putting it out there."


Glenn: "I trust myself. And I made Gwen trust me so by logic I'll trust her too."


Evelyn: "You seem awfully protective of her. Are the two of you?"


Glenn: "What? Don't be preposterous! I have a long-term girlfriend! I already bought the ring. Don't you dare try and ruin things for me."


Evelyn: "Then why don't you want Gwen to get the penalty?"
Glenn: "Why do you want Gwen to get the penalty?"


Isaac: "Guys, let's not fight over this. Don't turn against each other. Turn against our masters."
Jade: "I'm okay with giving it to Steven."


Evelyn: "Fine. We'll give it to Steven. Then we'll just rotate."

*
*
*



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: How old is the Mole?
A: Under 30
B: 30-35
C: Over 35


Q3: Is the Mole muscular?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: What hair colour does the Mole have?
A: Red
B: Brown
C: Black
D: Blonde


Q5: In Mission 2, which car did the Mole take?
A: Green
B: Black
C: Red
D: White
E: Grey

Q6: In Mission 2, what was the Mole's final score?
A: 15
B: 16
C: 17
D: 18
E: 19
F: 20
G: 22
H: 23


Q7: In Mission 2, who sat opposite the Mole?
A: Nicholas Penn
B: Steven Clyde Stevenson
C: Jade Puddingface
D: Roxanne Nimony
E: Evelyn Kohler
F: Glenn Watson
G: Gwen Dolin
H: Phoebe Holmes
I: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark
J: The Mole sat opposite many contestants

Q8: In Mission 2, which answers did the Mole give?
A: A stripe
B: A colt
C: An amalgamation
D: A dozen
E: A herd
F: A stead
G: A blur
H: A harras
I: A group


Q9: For how many questions did the Mole fool another contestant in Mission 2?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3-4
E: 5 or more times

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Nicholas Penn
B: Steven Clyde Stevenson
C: Jade Puddingface
D: Roxanne Nimony
E: Evelyn Kohler
F: Glenn Watson
G: Gwen Dolin
H: Phoebe Holmes
I: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark

*
*
*



"Contestants, the exemption has now been passed to Isaac, guaranteeing him safety this round. However, one of you must be executed. Who will it be?"


"Glenn Watson."




































































































































































































































































































































"Executed."
Gwen: "What?"
Glenn: "Oh."


Nicholas: "That was not a result i was expecting to hear. He's only the first name called."


Steven: "He's our money-making machine. It was pretty obvious he wasn't the Mole because all his actions were for the pot."
Roxanne: "Indeed, so it will be a big pity he's gone."
Evelyn: "He seemed so sure of himself. He had this whole plan and everything. He was gonna use the money if he won to buy a house for his girlfriend."


Glenn: "Indeed, but I knew better than to pin my hopes on a 10% chance. Nothing's going to change. My plans are still on track. The only thing I can hope is that the rest of you can buck up and thoroughly trash the Mole. And Gwen, please take care of yourself. Goodbye, and good luck."


"Thank you for joining Glenn. We hope to see you again."

The insufferable genius has been executed! That was definitely not part of his plan, but was it what the Mole wanted?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!