Tuesday 17 December 2019

49.07-Pretty darn high




Previously on the Smole, the contestants played "Blow Wind Blow". They made a windfall of 200/100 points, bringing the pot to 455/450 points. Steven and Phoebe used a correction each. While Phoebe was the one with the penalty, it was Gwen who became the first celebrity to be executed. Is the Mole a celebrity or a bodyguard? 















Phoebe: "I'm really not sure about this."


Nicholas: "I'll be brave for the two of us. Now hop in."


Phoebe: "Do you think..."
Nicholas: "Nobody saw anything. And if they did, they would have to go through me first."

*
*
*


Phoebe: "This place is so..."
Nicholas: "Dingy? Not high-class enough? Needs more fancy silverware?"
Phoebe: "No...actually, maybe yes to the last one. It's just so different and new."


Nicholas: "Let's go over and order some food."
Phoebe: "Here?"


Phoebe: "Err...I've never done this by myself before."
Nicholas: "Of course. A princess should never have to lift her fingers."


Nicholas: "I'll take over. Do you have a cherry pie?"
Phoebe: "Thank you, Nicholas."
Hasan: "No. We're actually all out. Also, my shift ends in about..."


Hasan: "...now."
Phoebe: "Where is he going?"
Nicholas: "Your manager will be hearing this."


Nicholas: "Unfortunately we don't have dessert. But that's okay. Let's just find somewhere to sit."


Nicholas: "It's a beautiful view here, isn't it?"
Phoebe: "It is."


Nicholas: "So, you've been born with a silver spoon in your mouth, am I right?"
Phoebe: "Err..."


Phoebe: "Is it that obvious?"


Nicholas: "It's adorable. As adorable as you are."
Phoebe: "Oh, Nicholas..."


Nicholas: "You must be so fortunate. I bet you live in a fancy castle."


Phoebe: "It's not a castle. It's a palace. I mean...no, it's just an ordinary house."


Nicholas: "Ah, I see. You don't have to hide your identity from me, Phoebe. I can see right through you."


Phoebe: "You...can? Were you sent by my father to bring me home?"
Nicholas: "No, nothing of the sort. But I happen to have a mutual friend. You know, friends in high places. Perks of being in a pretty darn high place yourself."


Phoebe: "Please don't tell him. I'll tell you the truth. I...I'm actually a princess. But I ran away from home because I didn't want to marry the man my parents arranged for me."


Nicholas: "Parents are the worst, aren't they? I bet they were like 'we have the best interests at heart', 'you'll learn to love the guy', 'you better marry him, bitch, or we'll disown you'."


Phoebe: "They actually didn't say the last one. But I do not like the man one bit. I do not want to spend the rest of my life unhappy."


Nicholas: "Are you happy right now?"
Phoebe: "Right now? ...Yes, very. It's so peaceful. And it feels good not having to constantly hide and worry about someone finding out who I am."
Nicholas: "Then you must be glad we're here right now. Come on. Let me show you something."


Phoebe: "Where are we going?"
Nicholas: "Just stay close."


Phoebe: "It's really dark and scary out here. I don't think we should be out here."
Nicholas: "I'll protect you. I won't let you come into harm's way."


Phoebe: "Where do these stairs lead?"
Nicholas: "Come with me and you'll find out."
Phoebe: "Is this a good idea...hey wait for me! Don't leave me alone here!"


Phoebe: "Oh my...I have a bad feeling about this."


Phoebe: "Wow."
Nicholas: "That's not the end yet."


Phoebe: "Oh my goodness."


Phoebe: "Back at my old place we hardly have buildings with rooftop access. This view is stunning."


Nicholas: "Almost as stunning as you."


Phoebe: "Oh Nicholas!"
Nicholas: "Phoebe, do you trust me?"
Phoebe: "Yes. I feel safe and secure with you around."


Nicholas: "Then close your eyes."
Phoebe: "Mmff! Nicholas!"
Nicholas: "Shh. Close your eyes and enjoy the moment."
Phoebe: "That cologne..."
Nicholas: "Only someone like you can identify and appreciate it."

*
*
*


Evelyn: "Hey, can't sleep?"
Roxanne: "Sorry, did I wake you?"


Evelyn: "It's fine. What's on your mind?"


Roxanne: "A lot of things. For starters, I'm worried about how things are back home. Is my father doing fine? What about the kids at the local home?"

Roxanne: "And here too, I'm worried about the quizzes and executions..."


Evelyn: "Slow down there, sis. Let's take things one step at a time. Firstly, can your father take care of himself?"
Roxanne: "Yes. He just tends to forget lunch when he gets busy."
Evelyn: "Are someone taking care of the children at the home?"
Roxanne: "Yeah. I'm just a volunteer."


Evelyn: "Great! You have nothing to worry about back home. So let's just focus on the Smole."

Roxanne: "I'm just worried. What if I'm wrong? I feel like I'm not doing enough."
Evelyn: "You, my friend, just need to relax. You're Roxanne Nimony. You're the girl who handled 8 subjects and 6 extracurriculars on top of being School President and Chairman of every committee to exist, and you still manage to clinch every extra cred up for grabs. You can do this. The Smole is nothing to you. I think you're just not used to doing so little."


Roxanne: "Yeah, I suppose."


Evelyn: "Now go and get some sleep. You're looking pretty listless right now."

***


Phoebe: "I'm so sorry. It won't happen again. I promise not to sneak out again. I accept the bodyguard -1 force penalty. Please don't send me home."

***


Nicholas: "We snuck out. Big deal. Why not give me a curfew? While you're at it, you might as well read me a bedtime story. I only take orders if I have to. You're nothing to me. You won't give me career advancement. Hell, you won't even let me get an instant win here. I have to suffer through executions like a commoner. I don't see why I have to listen to you."

***


Evelyn: "I'm still waiting for a physical mission where I can whoop all the guys' asses. Especially Nicholas's. And to a lesser extent Isaac's too."

***


"Contestants, I need you to arrange yourself based on how good you are at judging character."


Evelyn: "There's a simple way to do this. Who thinks Nicholas is a nice guy?"
Phoebe: "I do."
Evelyn: "Then Phoebe is the worst judge of character."


Nicholas: "Oof. I'm wounded."


Isaac: "I think you are mistaken about Nicholas, Evelyn. Once you get to know him he's really not that bad."
Phoebe: "You agree with me?"
Nicholas: "I have two character vouches here. How many do you have?"


Roxanne: "She has me."
Evelyn: "Thanks, sis."


Nicholas: "Oh, the black sidekick?"
Roxanne: "I am not just a token black."


Roxanne: "Regardless, we're not choosing one of us. We all have to be in this arrangement. Having been President of numerous societies, I've seen all kinds of Sims."
Evelyn: "I support Roxy."


Nicholas: "As a CEO..."
Isaac: "Acting CEO."
Nicholas: "...Thank you for the reminder. As Acting CEO, I have seen far more Sims and politics in my life. Your school shenanigans are trivial, my dear. It's almost cute you think that we're on the same level."


Evelyn: "Nobody wants to be on the same level as a jerk."
Steven: "Nicholas should be at the very last."


Nicholas: "You're just letting bias speak. Do you objectively believe my credentials are the worst among all of you?"


Roxanne: "I hate to admit it, but I think Nicholas can't be last. As much as I hate to say it, I think Nicholas should be the best judge of character."
Evelyn: "WHAT?"


Roxanne: "Hear me out. He's definitely seen more than we have. We can't argue with that."
Evelyn: "I trust your judgement, Roxy. But I don't like it."


Steven: "I disagree too."
Evelyn: "Lay off her. You try to fight everyone."


Roxanne: "I think I should be second. Evelyn should be third, Isaac fourth, Steven fifth and then Phoebe. Is that alright with all of you?"


Jade: "What about me?"


Isaac: "Oh right. Jade exists. Let's just slot here somewhere down the middle."


Steven: "After me. That's my only request."
Jade: "Fine by me."

***


Steven: "There's no use fighting with them. I can only get through to them via other means. I need to start proving my worth now and gaining allies if I ever want to be heard."

***


Evelyn: "Didn't expect you to be so willing to crawl through a tunnel and slide down a pole."
Nicholas: "I'll be sure to make a big fuss and charter a private jet next time."


Nicholas: "I've been in the military. I've been through worse."



"Contestants, one by one, you will get to ask a contestant if they suspected a certain contestant, which is based on your final answer in the last quiz. If asked, you may only answer yes or no, but you are permitted to lie. Once all of you had a chance to ask, you will get to shoot whoever you think was lying, starting with the one with the best character judge. Any liars shot will earn points. Any liars not shot walk away with an exemption. You may shoot the same liar more than once. Any innocent contestants shot will take 20 points from the pot. This mission is worth 140 points. You may now turn around."


"Nicholas, you shall begin."
Nicholas: "Evelyn, do you suspect me?"


Evelyn: "Yes."


Isaac: "Steven, do you suspect Jade?"


Steven: "What? I...yes."

***

Jade: "What? I can't believe Steven! I trusted him."

***


Roxanne: "Jade, do you suspect Steven?"


Jade: "No I don't."


Phoebe: "Err, Roxanne, do you suspect Isaac?"
Roxanne: "Nope."


Evelyn: "Nicholas, do you suspect me?"


Nicholas: "No."


Steven: "Nicholas, do you suspect me?"


Nicholas: "No."


Jade: "Hmm, Phoebe, do you suspect Nicholas?"


Phoebe: "What? No, of course not."


Isaac: "Nobody wanted to ask me? I'm feeling left out here."
"Because nobody asked Isaac, I will ask Isaac. Isaac, do you suspect Roxanne?"
Isaac: "Never in my life."


"Contestants, take your places. Nicholas, you may begin to shoot anyone you think is a liar. There is at least one liar in the group."


Nicholas: "Hmm, I know exactly who lied. I can see right through you."


Isaac: "Ow!"


Isaac: "Damn you."


Roxanne: "My turn. I paid close attention to all of your responses..."


Roxanne: "...and I have to say Nicholas is right."
Isaac: "Hey! I've already been hit."


Evelyn: "I think Isaac's not the only liar."


Nicholas: "You missed, Kohler."
Evelyn: "Damn it. Close enough."


Isaac: "Eeny-meeny-miny-mo..."


Isaac: "GOTCHA!"
Jade: "Aah!"


Jade: "Ow! That hurt."


Steven: "I trust Evelyn."


Steven: "Oops. Looks like I dirtied your suit."
Nicholas: "I can always buy another one."


Jade: "I'm not sure who to hit."
Roxanne: "Then just hit someone who has already been hit. Trust those with better judgement."
Isaac: "No. Let her make her own decisions. There are more liars lying around, I'm sure."


Evelyn: "Argh!"
Jade: "Sorry Evelyn."


Phoebe: "Oh gosh. Back at my old place only the royal army touched guns."


Steven: "Ee!"
Phoebe: "Oh no! Was that too much? I'm sorry."
Nicholas: "What's the matter? Can't take a little pain?"


The mission has ended. It is time to find out who the liars were.































































The first liar: Evelyn Kohler.


Evelyn: "Damn. I thought I lied pretty well."
















































































The second liar: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark.























































































The third liar: Steven Clyde Stevenson.












































































Jade: "I knew it! I knew you didn't suspect me, Steven."
Roxanne: "I didn't expect all of you."
Phoebe: "Oh no. We hit Nicholas."
Nicholas: "Twice. A costly punishment for attacking the wrong man."


The group identified all the liars, but Jade and Nicholas were also wrongly accused. This has led to 20/140 points earned, making the pot 475/590 points. No liar gets an exemption. Will any of the liars be executed next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!