Monday 1 August 2022

53.01-Traffic was bad

Welcome to another season of the Smole! The Smole is a reality show where contestants take part in challenges (missions) to earn money (points) for the pot. However, there is a Mole among them, trying his or her best to sabotage the missions and keep the unearned points for himself or herself. The other contestants have to figure out who the Mole is and test their knowledge via quizzes. The lowest scorer will be eliminated (executed) each time, with the slowest scorer being executed in the event of a tie. This continues until the finale, where the ultimate winner will walk away with the pot multiplied by 1000.

There are two big twists this season. The first one is that this season will have a final two instead of a final three. Secondly, in previous seasons, the Mole would get the whole pot if the winner failed to identify the Mole correctly in the final quiz. From this season onwards, the Mole will have to worry about this as well: if at least 90% of the quizzes have the Mole's name as the answer to the question "Who is the Mole?", the winner will take the whole pot instead. With this new twist going forward, will the search for the Mole become harder? And with a new season beginning, who is the Mole?

*
*
*



Is it Cleon Qwik, 22, university student?


Is it Heidi Pachiam-Boey, 41, anaesthesiologist?


Is it Barbara O'Reilly, 56, social worker?


Is it Wesley Snopes, 27, professional hitman?


Is it Erina Kapersky, 25, fitness instructor?


Is it Brie Rhiannon, 30, unemployed?


Is it Humphrey Hotness, 32, wildlife conservation researcher?


Is it Elijah Elliott, 33, car salesman?


Is it Hugo Clemens, 44, unemployed?


Is it Bonita Perez, 36, flamenco dancer?


Is it Wallace Phallace, 52, costume designer?

 

Or is it Celine Sea, 26, university student?


"Welcome to the Smole, Season 53. We have all been waiting for you."
Celine: "It's not my fault the traffic was bad."
"The 11 other contestants have already arrived. As a housewarming gift, we have provided each of them a hat. However, before they could enter the house, they had to complete a small puzzle."



"The 11 of them stood in a circle in this very yard. They had to find out the colour of the hat they were wearing without any other information other than the fact that it is logically possible for all of them to determine it. Every 3 minutes, contestants could try and guess the colour of their hat. If they were right, they could enter and earn 10 points. They each only had 3 guesses and could not communicate with anyone. They earned 70 points in 30 minutes."


Celine: "Okay, so why are you telling me this?"
"Celine, you play an important role. I'm going to give you the solution. From there, you can try and make the pot 120/120 points if you are able to determine who wore which hat."


"At the 3rd minute, Bonita, Elijah, Wesley and Cleon could enter the house. 
At the 6th minute, some contestants wearing blue hats could enter the house.
At the 9th minute, at least Hugo, Barbara and Humphrey could enter the house, all of whom did not wear red hats."


Celine: "That's it? Do I at least know what the possible colours are?"
"No, and neither did the contestants. However, the following guesses were made: Green, red, yellow, white, purple, brown, blue."
Celine: "This sounds impossible."


"To help you, you can see the four contestants who did not manage to enter. You have 10 minutes. Good luck."


Celine: "I was given a list of names about 10 minutes ago while on the taxi. These must be the contestants' names. I also see four colours here. Maybe there are more but I'll just assume these are the four colours for now."


Celine: "For some reason, Bonita and Wesley could enter but didn't. Yet Cleon and Elijah did. Does this mean Cleon and Elijah are wearing red or green?"


Celine: "You are...Erina. You should have entered in the 6th minute. Why didn't you?"
"You are not allowed to communicate with the other contestants."
Celine: "It was rhetorical. Sheesh. And also, what is with that outfit?"
Wallace: "Mmmf!"


Celine: "He can't talk?"
"No one can."
Celine: "That's not what I...nevermind."


Celine: "In the 9th minute, three of them entered. Either it's like the first situation where there are two colours...but that can't be right because the third part of the solution is different from the first. So Hugo, Barbara and Humphrey probably all had the same colour."


Celine: "Hang on. This man, Wallace, is also wearing yellow. Maybe there's a fifth colour I'm not aware of. But if I don't know what the last colour could be, there's no way I can guess. Ugh. I have to wrack my brains and I only just arrived."


Celine: "Maybe I should just assume four colours first to make my life easier. Wallace, Humphrey, Hugo and Barbara are yellow, Erina, Brie and Heidi are blue, Bonita is green, Wesley is red. As for Elijah and Cleon...I'll just guess that Elijah is green and Cleon is red."


Celine: "That's my final answer. They can't blame me if I get it wrong. They were the ones to mess up in the first place."
"Let's find out what happened earlier in the day."

*
*
*


"You have 30 minutes."


*DING*
Humphrey: "The first 3 minutes are up. I'm going to take a guess."


Humphrey: "I am wearing a green hat."


"Incorrect. 2 guesses left."


Wallace: "I'm wearing a red hat."


"Incorrect. 2 guesses left."
Wallace: "What? I am goddamn sure I was wearing a red hat when I came here."


Elijah: "They wasted their guesses."
Cleon: "There must be a way."
Erina: "We just need to think."
"No communication is allowed. One strike to Cleon, Erina and Elijah."


*DING*
Wallace: "How could it be wrong?"
Elijah: "I think I know the answer."


Humphrey: "If I'm not wearing a green hat, by probability I must be wearing a red hat."
"Incorrect. 1 guess remaining."
Humphrey: "Shoot. I have to be really careful."


Elijah: "I'm quite sure I'm wearing a green hat."


"That is correct."
Elijah: "Sweet."

*
*
*



Celine: "Yes! I guessed correctly!"

*
*
*


*DING*
Heidi: "I have to try. Am I wearing a yellow hat?"
"Incorrect. 2 guesses remaining."


Wallace: "Y'all must have not heard me right the first time. I'm definitely wearing a red gnome hat."
"Incorrect. 1 guess remaining."
Wallace: "Impossible! Are you colour-blind?"

*
*
*


*
*
*


Cleon: "Hmm..."
*DING*


Cleon: "There's no way to know the colour of my hat if I'm the only one wearing it, so it means there must be at least two of each colour. Am I wearing a red hat?"
"That is correct."


Elijah: "You figured it out too."


Wallace: "I'm wearing a white hat. Maybe you mistook the beard for a hat."
"Incorrect. No guesses remaining."
Wallace: "!#$@!$!"

*
*
*



*
*
*



*DING*
Bonita: "I have to try. I'm wearing...a purple hat."
"Incorrect. 2 guesses remaining."


*DING*
Erina: "I'm wearing a yellow hat."
"Incorrect. 2 guesses remaining."


*DING*
Barbara: "I guess that I'm wearing a red hat."
"Incorrect. 2 guesses remaining."


Hugo: "I'm wearing a brown hat, is that right?"
"Incorrect. 2 guesses remaining."


Humphrey: "It's worth a shot."


Humphrey: "So many are guessing yellow. There's a good chance it's because I'm also wearing a yellow hat. I'm wearing a yellow hat."


"That is correct."

*
*
*




*
*
*


*DING*
Brie: "Being in there is better than being out here with so many of these Sims. I'll go guess. What do I have to lose?"


Brie: "My hat should be blue or green...I'll guess blue."


"That is correct."
Brie: "Lucky guess."

*
*
*


*
*
*


Barbara: "We don't have many tries left."
"No communication allowed. 1 strike for Barbara."


Wallace: "Fuck this."
"No communication allowed. 1 strike for Wallace."
Wallace: "Fuck you."
"2 strikes for Wallace."
Wallace: "I SAID FUCK YOU!"


"Wallace, we are going to have to bring you away for the mission for repeatedly breaking the rules."
*DING*


Hugo: "I'm wearing a blue hat."
"Incorrect. 1 guess remaining."

*
*
*


*
*
*


*DING*


Erina: "I'm wearing a yellow hat."
"Incorrect. 1 guess left."


Barbara: "This is our last chance. Am I wearing a yellow har?"


"That is correct."


Hugo: "I must also be wearing a yellow hat."


"That is correct."


Heidi: "There are too many yellow hats around. Possible colours are red, green, yellow, blue, purple and grey...but either purple or grey is wrong because I don't see both colours. It could also be that both colours are wrong and it's a wild guess. Looking at the distribution, it's only a guess of probability."


Heidi: "I guess that I'm wearing a blue hat."
"That is correct."
Heidi: "Phew!"

*
*
*


Celine: "I did it!"
Barbara: "Good job!"


"Congratulations. All 120 points have been earned, putting the group to a good start. Now you may enjoy the rest of the day and the house."

120 points have been earned! Did the Mole lay low here or try to confuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!