Tuesday 9 August 2022

53.03-Generic cheesy love story




Previously on the Smole, the contestants had to play a logic puzzle with housewarming gifts. Wesley, Wallace, Erina and Bonita failed to solve the riddle in time, but fortunately, Celine succeeded which brought the pot up to 120/120 points. Erina proved that she was not great at logic as she later found herself to be the first to be executed this season. Will the group be able to keep up the pace? Who will be executed next? Who is the Mole?

*
*
*


Bonita: "I did not know Erina very well but I could tell she was genuine now. She is not the Mole. Of course, getting it right at the start is almost impossible but to have confirmation of that and know that I could have been gone instead is chilling."


Humphrey: "That was a shocker. Erina was my Mole. To find out she didn't make it...it's sad because she's a really nice lady and because it means I was on the wrong track. At least I found out early."


Celine: "Hmph, it's not Erina? I could've sworn she was the Mole. If not her, then who?"

*
*
*


Arts and culture are very important to the inhabitants of Plavi Raj. Formerly for the elites, the theatre today is open to the public to watch plays and performances.


For Hugo and Wesley, they will be in for a treat. As the only two to have never seen a musical in their life, they will have to watch the other contestants act out scenes from famous musicals. Every musical correctly identified will earn them 20 points, making this mission worth 100 points.

*
*
*


Heidi: "The first musical is The Greatest Showman. I think we can go with a circus theme. We can go and get a ringmaster costume, and..."
Wallace: "Or I could make one."
Elijah: "There's not enough time."
Wallace: "I'm making a costume."
Elijah: "I'm telling you we don't have time."
Heidi: "Let's not fight here. I agree with Elijah."
Wallace: "Whatever."


Celine: "We should narrow it down to a specific scene. Like the one where Zac and Zendaya are singing Rewrite the Stars."
Humphrey: "I know the lyrics to those. Bonita, do you want to be my partner?"
Bonita: "Okay."


Wallace: "We have Hamilton."
Barbara: "We can dress someone up in old outfits."
Celine: "The musical involves a lot of Sims."
Wallace: "Which we don't have. How about a monologue? I have a monologue all memorised."
Barbara: "If everyone is in agreement, Wallace can take this one."


Wallace: "For West Side Story, we can do a gang fight. It requires all the men."


Celine: "We haven't agreed on the previous one yet."
Bonita: "There is no disagreement so I think we are fine with the idea."


Barbara: "I've never seen High School Musical."
Cleon: "We can do a basketball game."
Celine: "I think that's too generic. We should go with the famous intro duet. I want to be Gabriella."
Bonita: "I support the idea."


Elijah: "I think we should get a brunette to do it since Gabriella is a brunette."
Heidi: "So you want me to play Gabriella? I don't mind, but what about Celine?"


Elijah: "We have one last musical and I have an idea where Celine can play the leading lady."
Celine: "Whatev."
Wallace: "I don't like that idea."


Cleon: "You think the basketball idea is better?"
Wallace: "No I think they both suck."
Elijah: "Then what's your idea?"
Wallace: "No idea. It's not my job to come up with ideas."
Elijah: "If you don't have a better idea then we're sticking with the duet. Now let's move on."


Elijah: "For the last musical, I think we can go with the scene where there's a dead body under the table."
Wallace: "I'm not done talking yet."
Elijah: "As I was saying.."
Wallace: "OI!"
Elijah: "I THINK WE CAN HAVE CELINE PLAY JANET. I AM WILLING TO PLAY FRANK FURTER OR BRAD."
Wallace: "NO!"


Cleon: "Guys, guys, how about a compromise? Wallace, do you want to play Frank Fatter or Brad?"
Wallace: "It's Furter, not Fatter. And of course I'll play Frank Furter."
Elijah: "Then I can play Brad. Or maybe Cleon or Humphrey since he's white."


Celine: "Is Janet hot?"
Elijah: "Yes she is."
Celine: "Then deal."


Barbara: "Is there a role I'm needed in?"
Humphrey: "I think everyone should be given a chance to play a role."
Bonita: "How about you play the dead body Elijah was talking about?"
Barbara: "I'm willing to do that."

*
*
*


Hugo: "I have never seen a musical in my life. Or maybe I have, but I've forgotten. I have to rely on general knowledge for this, so if any of the musicals are from my childhood, there's no way I will know."

*
*
*


Hugo: "Do you recognise any of these?"
Wesley: "No."


"Gentlemen, please take your seats. The first performance will begin shortly."


Hugo: "It's Bonita and Humphrey."


Humphrey: "You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied"


Humphrey: "You claim it's not in the cards
And fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide you're my destiny?"


Humphrey: "What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were meant to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find"


Humphrey: "It's up to you and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars
Maybe the world could be ours 
Tonight"


Hugo: "Any idea what it could be?"
Wesley: "No."
Hugo: "Well okay. I heard this song before. It's from that show about a circus. What was it called...is it called The Greatest Showman?"
Wesley: "I don't know."
Hugo: "Then let's just give it a shot."
Wesley: "I do not know so I cannot make a comment."


"That is correct."

*
*
*


Elijah: "How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a
Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
Spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?"


Barbara: "When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden
Two years later, see Alex and his mother bed-ridden
Halfdead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick"


Elijah: "Well, the word got around, they said, 'This kid is insane, man.'
Took up a collection just to send him to the mainlan
'Get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and
The world's gonna know your name man. What's your name, man?'"


Wallace: "Alexander Hamilton
My name is Alexander Hamilton
And there's a million things I haven't done
But just you wait, just you wait..."


Barbara: "Me? I died for him"
Elijah: "Me? I trusted him."
Barbara: "Me? I loved him."
Elijah: "And me? I'm the damn fool that shot him"
Barbara and Elijah: "There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!"
Elijah: "What's your name, man?"


Wallace: "Alexander Hamilton!"


Hugo: "What do you think it is?"
Wesley: "I don't know."
Hugo: "I don't know either. I would guess...Hamilton."


"That is correct."


Wesley: "We are sitting here because we never watched a musical, yet you got both correct."
Hugo: "Just because I've never watched them doesn't mean I never heard of them. Now shush, the next one's starting."


Hugo: "What's going on? They're not saying anything."
Wesley: "They're dancing in silence."


Humphrey: "Any time now."


Hugo: "Wallace is walking over...hooligan and dancer? Is this a dance-off?"


Wallace: "Take that and go back to Puerto Rico!"


Elijah: "Ow! You didn't have to hit for real!"
Wallace: "Stay in character!"


Wallace: "Not enough? I have more where that came from, boy."


Elijah: "Ow!"


Hugo: "Do you have any idea? Because I sure as hell don't."
Wesley: "No."
Hugo: "Maybe we should get a clue."

Brie was previously tasked to write bad reviews on each of the musicals. These reviews have been added to a board. Hugo and Wesley can refer to the reviews, but each review they refer to will reduce the maximum earnings for that musical from 20 to 10 points.


Wesley: "The clue says 'Never heard of it. Guess I stay too far on the other side to have heard of it.'"
Hugo: "This is a useless clue. We have to make a guess."
Wesley: "We'll be wrong. We should give up."


"The correct answer was West Side Story."


Cleon: "Living in my own world
Didn't understand
That anything can happen
When you take a chance"


Celine: "I never believed in what I couldn't see
I never opened my heart"


Cleon: "Ohh"
Celine: "To all the possibilities, ohh"


Cleon and Celine: "I know"
Celine: "That something has changed"
Cleon and Celine: "Never felt this way"
Celine: "And right here tonight"
Cleon and Celine: "This could be the..."


Cleon and Celine: "Start of something new"
Celine: "It feels so right"
Cleon and Celine: "To be here with you, ohh"


Cleon and Celine: "And now, looking in your eyes"
Celine: "I feel in my heart"
Cleon and Celine: "The start of something new"


Hugo: "Are you going to tell me you don't know what it is again?"
Wesley: "Yes."
Hugo: "Do you live under a rock?"
Wesley: "No."


Hugo: "Forget it. Let's just look at a clue."


Wesley: "Generic cheesy love story between two teenagers played by two clearly non-teenagers."
Hugo: "Generic definitely sums it up."


Wesley: "We should give up. We don't know the answer. And don't stand behind me."


"The correct answer was High School Musical."


Heidi: "AAAAAHHHHH!"


Wallace: "I'll tell you once, I won't tell you twice
You better wise up, Janet Weiss
Your apple pie don't taste too nice
You better wise up, Janet Weiss"


Wallace: "I've laid the seed
It should be all you need
You're as sensual as a pencil
Wind up like an E on first string
When we made it did you hear a bell ring?"


Heidi: "I'm stuck!"


Wallace: "The transducer will seduce ya"


Wallace: "You better wise up, Janet Weiss
You better wise up
Build your thighs up
You better wise up"


Heidi: "STOOOOP!"


Wesley: "Let us go straight for the clue."
Hugo: "The musical is about human-looking aliens who are trying to conquer Earth and create a muscle man. They also cross-dress for some reason and are just weird."
Wesley: "I could see it was weird."


Hugo: "It's the last musical. Your call."


Wesley: "We do not know."


"The correct answer is The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Let us invite your fellow contestants out for the curtain call."



"Contestants, you tried to educate and entertain Hugo and Wesley. Unfortunately, your efforts were mostly in vain as only two musicals were identified, making the mission's earnings 40/100 points and the pot 160/220 points."

It looks like the Mole stopped another perfect run. Who is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!