Friday 19 August 2022

53.07-This set looks exactly like the one in Bridgeport




Previously on the Smole, the contestants had to pit themselves against each other in a game of Scrabble, to which the team lead by Bonita and Barbara won. As a reward, they could bid on an exemption to which Humphrey won at the expense of 36 euros. With 59/175 points from the mission and 219/395 points in the pot, Humphrey could secure his position in the final 9. However, the same could not be said for Elijah who was executed next. Will Humphrey continue to be safe? Is he the Mole? Who is the Mole?


Wesley: "I was wrong. I am a failure. I must atone or I will be punished."

*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. Today, I will need 3 groups of 3: one for books, one for music and one for movies."


Heidi: "I'll do music."
Wallace: "No."


Heidi: "Why? I can't do books or movies."


Hugo: "Do you want to do music?"
Wallace: "No. I want to do movies."
Hugo: "Then why are you stopping Heidi?"
Bonita: "Music is for me, especially Spanish music."
Wesley: "I would like to be part of the books group."


Celine: "Really?"
Humphrey: "Hey let him give it a shot. He's taken quite a liking to the books in here recently."
Celine: "Yeah whatever. Not my problem. I'm doing movies."


Cleon: "I'm not sure what each of it entails."
Bonita: "Just choose what you are most comfortable with."
Cleon: "I guess I can do books."


Barbara: "I think I'll join Wesley and Cleon. I'm not confident in the other two groups."


Humphrey: "Left with me and you. Which do you want?"
Bonita: "I suggest Hugo does music and Humphrey does movies. Hugo could not guess musicals."
Hugo: "Musicals are movies and music."


Cleon: "I can swap with you."
Humphrey: "I think I might be better at music."
Cleon: "Then I'll take movies."

*
*
*


The contestants are in three groups. In each group, they will take turns describing a song, movie or book to the other two to guess in exactly three words. None of the words can contain the name of the work in question, nor can they name movie or book characters or song lyrics.


Each correct guess is worth 3 points. In total, this mission can fetch 90 points.


Celine: "This set looks exactly like the one in Bridgeport. Plavi Rajians have no originality."
Cleon: "Focus on me."


Cleon: "Three red arachnids."
Wallace: "Spiderman."
Celine: "Which Spiderman?"
Wallace: "Does it matter? Our answer is Spiderman."


"Incorrect. The specific movie we're looking for is Spiderman: No Way Home."


Wallace: "That's bullshit."


Cleon: "Autistic Tom Hanks."
Wallace: "Forrest Gump."


"That is correct."


Cleon: "Disney Snow White."
Celine: "They actually have a steam train here."
Wallace: "Focus."


Celine: "Yeah, Snow White right? Wasn't there a movie about a lumberjack or something?"
Wallace: "It's not a movie about a lumberjack."
Celine: "Black Swan?"
Wallace: "No."


Celine: "Ugh, then you give the answer."
Wallace: "Our answer is The Seven Dwarves."
Celine: "That's not even a movie!"
Wallace: "Yes it is!"


"Incorrect. The answer was Maleficent."
Celine: "What? That's from Sleeping Beauty, dummy."
Cleon: "My bad."


Wallace: "Some Asian movie."
Cleon: "That's not helpful at all."


Celine: "Ugh, at this point I don't even wanna argue. I don't know any Asian movies. Do you?"
Cleon: "Not really. I guess Jackie Chan?"
Celine: "That's not...ugh, nevermind. Jackie Chan it is."


"Incorrect. The correct answer was Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings."
Cleon: "We are sucking so hard right now."


Wallace: "Never heard this."
Celine: "Wallace!"
Cleon: "Hey, maybe it's about a silent movie? I'm thinking either Silence of the Lambs or The Sound of Silence."


Celine: "The Sound of Silence is a song."
Cleon: "There's a movie released in 2019 or 2020."
Celine: "Hmm, I think Silence of the Lambs is more iconic. We'll go with that."


"The correct answer is Legally Blonde."
Celine: "Wallace, if you're sabotaging right now, stop it."
Wallace: "I really never heard of this before."


Wallace: "Oscar picture mistake."
Celine: "Oh, it's that movie that was announced wrongly on the Oscars!"
Cleon: "I don't follow the Oscars."


Celine: "It was some musical if I remember. Emma Stone was in it."
Cleon: "Harry Potter?"
Celine: "Ugh you're no help. What was it...oh, Moonlight!"


"Unfortunately, the answer is La La Land."
Celine: "That's it. I'm taking the last one as well."


Celine: "Fire Nation attacked."
Cleon: "Oh, it's Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't it?"
Wallace: "No it's not."


Cleon: "Are you sure?"
Wallace: "...No."
Cleon: "Then our answer is Avatar: The Last Airbender."


"That's not the right Avatar movie. The correct one is the one directed by James Cameron."
Celine: "Whoops."


Celine: "Superman's rival...resurrects?"
Cleon: "Superman's rival? Is it Lex Luthor?"
Wallace: "No, it's Batman. It's always Superman vs Batman."


Cleon: "She said Superman so it can't be that movie. We have to be specific about the Batman movie. I think maybe it's Batman Begins."
Wallace: "No it's not. It's Batman Returns."
Cleon: "Oh. Yeah that makes more sense for 'resurrects'."


"It's a Batman movie, but it's actually The Dark Knight Rises."


Celine: "They'll never get this one...Satanic boss...fashion."


Cleon: "I don't know any fashion movies. You can take this one, Wallace."
Wallace: "I don't watch religious movies. I have no clue."
Cleon: "Hmm...Satanic....devil? The only fashion movie I can think of is The Devil Wears Prada."


"And that is the correct movie."


Celine: "The Burn Book."
Cleon: "Oh, that's familiar."
Wallace: "It's not to me."


Cleon: "I can't for the life remember where it's from."
Wallace: "The Notebook."
Cleon: "No that's not it. The word 'book' already appears. I can't remember, sorry. Campfire?"


Wallace: "That's not correct."
Cleon: "I know but I think it makes more sense than The Notebook so let's go with mine, alright?"
Wallace: "No."
Cleon: "Fine. We're both wrong anyway. Let's do The Notebook."


"The movie is Mean Girls."
Cleon: "Oh yes, that's what it's called. You should have said Lindsay Lohan or Rachal McAdams or Tina Fey. I would have gotten it instantly."

*
*
*


Barbara: "As a social worker I deal with many broken families and children. One of my joys comes from buying books for young children to read and reading it to them. Today it came in handy. It really pays to be kind."

*
*
*


Wesley: "Trilogy. Hobbit. Fantasy."


Barbara: "I can only think of The Lord of the Rings. Shall we go with that?"
Hugo: "Yeah. I'm not a reader so I can't really help you there."


"That is correct."


Wesley: "Paradox. Numbers. Even."


Barbara: "I don't quite understand."
Hugo: "I think it's a book that is about a paradox and has even numbers. Ring any bells?"
Barbara: "Oh, like a catch-22 situation? Wait, maybe that's the book. We guess Catch-22."


"That is correct."


Wesley: "Woman. Long. Generic."


Hugo: "A long book about a woman. Sounds like an old book."
Barbara: "But it's generic."
Hugo: "Eh, most old books are."


Barbara: "But is the woman a title character or the author?"
Hugo: "Going with his logic I think it's the former."
Barbara: "Hmm, Emily Bronte? No wait, I think she's an author. Emma? Or Jane Eyre?"
Hugo: "No idea."
Barbara: "Okay, I gamble Jane Eyre."


"Jane Eyre is correct."
Barbara: "Phew."
Wesley: "I am done."


Barbara: "John Green, cigarettes."


Hugo: "Do you know?"
Wesley: "Yes. I read that yesterday. The Fault in Our Stars."


"That is correct."
Hugo: "Not bad. You do know."


Barbara: "Oh. I've never heard of this one. Hmm...leave. Not East."


Hugo: "Work your magic Wes."
Wesley: "Wesley. I do not know this."
Hugo: "Then let's guess."
Wesley: "No. If we do not know we should pass and not make incorrect and potentially fatal guesses."


"The book is Exit West."


Barbara: "Oh, this book. Salacious, Red Room."


Hugo: "We're not passing this one. This sounds familiar."


Hugo: "Red room...ow, not now..."


Barbara: "Are you alright?"
Hugo: "Huh? Yeah, fine. Was the book 50 Shades of Grey?"


"That is correct."

*
*
*


Hugo: "I recalled something during the mission. A room that had red lighting, in my trailer...I was telling someone it was cheap. A girl. Then she gave me that book as a joke. I think...I think it was stolen. From the local library. She was shorter than me....I think younger too. Who was that girl?"

*
*
*


Hugo: "Animals, singing...shit."


Barbara: "Was that the last word?"
Wesley: "He said three words. Now we must guess."
Barbara: "This sounds like a Disney movie rather than a book."
Wesley: "I do not know either. We pass."


"The book is The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes."
Hugo: "Shit wasn't actually my last word. I couldn't think of the right word."


Hugo: "Puzzles, murder, art."
Barbara: "This is hard. Did you read any of those books in the library at the house, Wesley?"
Wesley: "Let me think...no."


Barbara: "Before we pass, let us take the time to think. Art reminds me of Mona Lisa, or works by Leonardo Da Vinci."
Wesley: "Da Vinci...I saw a book on a shelf. The Da Vinci Code."
Barbara: "Maybe that's the answer. We go with that."


"The Da Vinci Code is indeed the answer."


Hugo: "Toy, outside, exercise."


Barbara: "It is probably a children's book. There are too many children's books but none of them I can think of that include toys or exercise outside."
Wesley: "We should pass."
Barbara: "Before we do that, we should analyse one more time. Do you know of any books with, let's say, balls? Or Legos?"
Wesley: "No. Pass."
Barbara: "Okay."


"It's The Kite Runner."


Barbara: "We have one last book. Who should be the one to give the hint?"
Wesley: "You."
Barbara: "Are you sure? Hugo, any opinions?"
Hugo: "I'm clearly not good at this so you are the best suited."


Barbara: "Debut, Rowling, rock."


Wesley: "Harry Potter. But which one?"
Hugo: "I don't know. There are so many Harry Potter books."


Wesley: "I must get this correct."


Hugo: "I would guess her first book since she said 'debut'. Or a book about a rock."
Wesley: "The first book I read was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. But I am not certain if that was the debut book."
Hugo: "It makes the most sense. I think you're right. We should go with it."
Wesley: "Okay."


"That is the correct book."

*
*
*


Heidi: "Dancy gibberish, vogue."


Bonita: "A dance song."
Humphrey: "When I hear vogue I think of Madonna. It's probably a Madonna dance song."
Bonita: "I am not too familiar with Madonna songs. I will go with what you choose."
Humphrey: "Oh, I only know one song off hand, so, err, Like A Virgin."


"Incorrect. The answer is Macarena."


Heidi: "Conservator, chemical waste."


Humphrey: "It's probably a Britney Spears song because her father being her conservator was big news. Baby Hit Me One More Time?"
Bonita: "I trust you."
Humphrey: "But what does that have to do with chemical waste...oh, I think the song is Toxic."


"That is correct."


Heidi: "Woman claiming father."
Humphrey: "Huh?"


Bonita: "It is a song about a woman finding her father. I am thinking of Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder, You Are My Sunshine or Senorita by Camilla Cabello."
Humphrey: "I don't think it's the last one. Is the Stevie Wonder song about a woman finding her father? I never heard of it."
Bonita: "Yes."
Humphrey: "Then let's go with Isn't She Lovely."


"The song is actually Billie Jean."
Heidi: "The kid is not my son~ Come on, it was so obvious!"


Heidi: "William, loud, XS."


Bonita: "Extra small?"
Humphrey: "No, XS is a club in Las Vegas. It's a club song...William...will.i.am?"
Bonita: "That is three words."


Humphrey: "That's why she put it to one word. How clever. The most famous song I can think of by will.i.am is Scream and Shout, unless it's a Black Eyed Peas song but then I'm sure Heidi would have chosen a different set of words. Yeah, I'm convinced it's Scream and Shout."


"That is correct."


Humphrey: "The Ronettes' infant."


Bonita: "Who are The Ronettes?"
Heidi: "It's most likely a band. I never heard of them before though. It's likely an old band. I definitely don't know their children. Shall we guess a Rolling Stone song?"
Bonita: "You sound like you have one in mind. Go ahead."
Heidi: "Paint it Black."


"Incorrect. The song is Be My Baby."


Humphrey: "Unhinged Missy Elliott."


Bonita: "Is there a song called Get Crazy? Or Loco?"
Heidi: "I'm not sure. There could be. But I'm thinking of Get Your Freak On. Since Humphrey is being literal, unhinged could mean freaky. Oh, oh, or Lose Control, because when you lose control you are unhinged. Which one do you think it could be?"


Bonita: "I would choose the first one."
Heidi: "Oh, I was leaning towards the second one."
Bonita: "Then why did you ask me? Choose that then!"
Heidi: "Relax. I just wanted your opinion. Our answer is Lose Control."


"That is correct."


Heidi: "Shakira's truthful pelvis!"


Heidi: "Hips Don't Lie. It's so obvious."
Bonita: "Agreed."


"Hips Don't Lie is the correct song."


Bonita: "Brave white rapper."


Heidi: "I think of Eminem."
Humphrey: "Me too. Either him or Macklemore. But what's the song?"
Heidi: "Let's list all the possible Eminem songs. Stan, Lose Yourself, Godzilla, My Name Is..."
Humphrey: "Wait, I got it! Not Afraid! Because that means you're brave."
Heidi: "You genius."


"That is correct."


Bonita: "Christmas. Love song."


Humphrey: "All I Want for Christmas Is You? But Christmas is in the title."
Heidi: "Maybe it has to do with Santa. Santa Baby perhaps?"
Humphrey: "Oh yes, that's a love song. Let's go with that."


"The correct song is Haven't Met You Yet."
Heidi: "That's not a Christmas song."
Bonita: "Christmas refers to the singer. Michael Buble always sings Christmas songs."


Bonita: "The past Adele."


Humphrey: "That was when she was still with her abusive ex. We have to think of her classic songs."
Heidi: "Rolling in the Deep is the most iconic. But why did Bonita use those words to describe that song?"


Humphrey: "Hmm, oh I got it. When We Were Young. 'Cause I've been by myself all night long hoping I'm someone you used to know~"
Heidi: "You look like a movie~"
Humphrey: "You sound like a song~"
Heidi: "My God, this reminds me of when we were young~"


Heidi: "Ok you convinced me."
Humphrey: "The answer is When We Were Young."


"The correct song is Million Years Ago."
Humphrey: "That's not a very well-known song."
Heidi: "We should have known Bonita was still being literal based on the song title."


This mission has earned 42/90 points, leading to 261/485 points. The group is slowing down. Will they catch up to the Mole soon? Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!