Monday 1 December 2014

16.01-The cards have been dealt





The cards have been dealt…
Learn to play the hand that was dealt…
The cards have been stacked against the Mole…
So go and find that Mole!

This is the 16th season of the Smole! Once again, 12 hopeful contestants will be joining the Smole in hopes of earning as much as they can. This is done through doing missions. How well they perform will determine how many points go into the “Pot”, which will eventually go to the winner. However, as always, there’s a Mole lurking around, sabotaging the game to earn points for his or her own pot. The other 11’s job is to find out the Mole, and put him/her down on the quiz they must take after every mission. The lowest scorer will be executed, and this will continue until there are only 3: the winner, the runner-up and the Mole.

Previous seasons have seen exemptions being played, ensuring the safety of the contestant for that week. However, this season, exemptions are SCRAPPED. Yup, you heard it right: scrapped. They will instead be replaced with cards. Some cards act as exemptions, but the bulk of it give the players holding it many different possibilities to aid or ruin their game (or others). How do they earn the cards? Mostly through the same way they earn exemptions. These cards can be used any time the player likes unless otherwise stated. This season, the cards have also been based on ex-contestants, so one can predict what the powers may be.

Now, enough with the talking. Let’s introduce the card players!

First up, we have Jillian McLaughlin, 32, cashier.
She joined to make more money than that cash register can ever give and have fun at the same time earning it.

Secondly, we have Derek Zora, 35, professional athlete.
He joined for a change in environment and to prove that he’s got brains too.

In third place, we have Iris Ollie, 29, unemployed.
She joined for a fun experience.

After her we have Philo Nickelworth, 44, TV actor.
He joined as he’s gotten tired of being a TV actor which hardly rakes in good cash.

Number 5 is Janet Burnes, 28, thespian.
She joined as her coach threatened to fire her if she clinched yet another award for playing the role of Juliet.

The 6th contestant Is Cheryl Peytanna, 40, CEO.
She joined to see how the “commoners” try to make money.

The 7th player is Demetria Krissatina, 24, swimmer.
She joined to spread the message of how handicapped can live just as well in this cut-throat society.

Next is Argyle Sinclair, 41, logician.
He joined for a new challenge and avenue to test his logic skills.

After him we have Chad Denizen, 29, unemployed.
He joined to make use of his time well as he recovers from “past experiences”.

The tenth player is Uma Phile, 39, singer-cum-acrobat.
She joined to make her name known internationally.

Player #11 is Dawn Lytton, 30, unemployed.
She joined because she wants to meet new people.

Last but not least, we have Charlotte Burnot, 43, housewife.
She joined as she believed this to be the most non-social reality show yet.

***

Janet: “You see that lady over there?”
Argyle: “The one with the cobbler hair?”
Janet: “…Yeah…your brain works weird. Suppose that’s why you’re smart. Anyways, she looks hideous, her dressing.”


Dawn: “Oh my god that lady reading there looks hideous…oh my god is that who I think it is?”
Dawn: “Oh my god it’s Janet Burnes and Argyle Sinclair! The ones who appear on the news for eternity!”
Janet: “It’s us alright. Now if you excuse me I’m going to explore the house.”


Chad: “This is a super long hallway. Sigh.”

***


Janet: “Interesting room.”
Philo: “Oh…hey, you’re that actor who keeps winning an award for playing Juliet of Romeo and Juliet over and over again! What’s your name…Janet! Janet Burnes!”
Janet: “And you’re that sitcom actor Philo Nickelworth!”
Philo: “Nice to know someone actually recognises me. I thought nobody ever watches the shows I act in. Not that I’m bad.”
Janet: “Oh you’re far from a bad actor. In fact you’re such a noble one! I saw that show where you ate cow dung!”
Philo: “Oh…don’t remind me. That was because we had to find a way to fit the sponsor’s product.”
Janet: “It was a toothbrush, wasn’t it? The one that Max Rabe talked about!”
Philo: “Yes…”
Janet: “It’s so nice to know a fellow actor, even if we perform for a different audience. Let’s form a coalition shall we? ‘The Actors’. Has a nice ring to it.”


Cheryl: “Not as bad as I expected, but this place still needs more décor. And this dining room is way too small. Even the smallest meeting room in my office is twice as big!”

Dawn: “Who is this guy?”
Derek: “Oh, that would be me.”
Dawn: “You? Why would you be there?”
Derek: “Because my face got gnome-bombed while they were taking my photo, so they kept it here. I saw it earlier. My name’s Derek Zora by the way.”
Dawn: “What a handsome name, what a handsome face, what handsome guns…”
Derek: “…Thanks, but I prefer not to talk about them.”
Dawn: “Why? Oh pardon me, my name is Dawn Lytton.”
Derek: “It’s…it’s not that much to be proud of. I don’t want to be known as the guy with big muscles. I want to be more than that.”
Dawn: “What a handsome aspiration…what’s your name again? Sorry, I’m this forgetful.”
Derek: “It’s okay. It’s Derek.”
Dawn: “Ah! Yes. Derek, shall we form a coalition? I trust you.”
Derek: “I guess there’s no harm.”
Dawn: “Excellent! I’ll see you soon then!”

***


Dawn: “My goodness this place is creepy…aah! You scared me!”
Chad: “Sorry. My name is Chad Denizen.”
Dawn: “Dawn Lytton.”

Dawn: “Chad, right? Can I get a hug? I’m scared…this place is creepy.”
Chad: “Anything for a beautiful lady.”

Dawn: “My goodness. I spotted someone hideous earlier, but this one sure takes the cake!”
Chad: “Don’t be so bad.”

Chad: “Hey there. My name is Chad Denizen.”
Demetria: “Demetria Krissatina.”
Chad: “Just curious, why do you dress like that? Those high-tech glasses and that headgear.”
Dawn: “It’s plain yucks, whatsyourname.”
Demetria: “I’m used to it. This headgear is my swimming headgear. It and I have gone a long way. As for these specs, they make use of state-of-the-art technology to help me ‘see’. I’m actually blind, so these specs help me determine the position of things and people like you.”
Chad: “Sorry to hear that.”
Dawn: “So why are you wearing that hideous hat?”



Demetria: “For anyone curious, I injured myself while swimming one time. Damaged some nerves and suffered a concussion when I jackknifed in improperly. Landed in hospital in a coma for months…but I survived. My parents, they loved me a lot, even though they’re getting on in age. They used their coffin money to pay for my surgery, one which I declined. In the end, it was still a failure, with me going blind, though it did fix my back. I’m still swimming even though I’m now blind. It’s my love. Nothing’s going to stop me from it. I’ll just be more cautious. And that’s why I’m here. To get some ‘rain money’, an emergency fund, and to replenish my parents’ money.”

***

A day of introduction has passed. It’s time for them to choose their beds.



Philo: “Hmm…this bed is still the best among all that I tried.”

Charlotte: “Looks like those two beds have been taken. I’m not going to share beds with them.”

Janet: “Well, I suppose it’s time to relax and commune with nature.”

Dawn: “Hmm…two hunks to sleep with tonight. Who shall I get cozy with? How about the younger, more muscular, more handsome one whose name I forget?”


Uma: “A skull? Heh. I’ve got nothing to be afraid of. This bed is mine!”


Demetria: “There’s something here…it’s…oh! It’s a sleeping bag. Well, I would love to sleep on a sleeping bag, so this is my spot.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!