Tuesday 10 January 2017

27.16-Smile at the camera


Over the course of three weeks, contestants have been eliminated one by one, until three remained. They could have turned the tables on the Mole in the last mission,  had they found all six celebrities: Raphael Striker, Jessica Talon, Jeffrey Cook, Lady Cook, Johanna King and Romeo Rake. Unfortunately there were many missed opportunities, and owing to their unfamiliarity, only 2 celebrities were found, fetching 100/300 points and making the pot 630/1500 points. Who will walk away with these 630 points, and who will walk away with the remainder? Find out now.

***


As the finale approaches, some ponder about life...


...some enjoy life...


...and some just live.

***


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: How old is the Mole?
A: 28
B: 31
C: 46

Q3: What colour appears on the bed the Mole sleeps on?
A: Red
B: Purple
C: Orange

Q4: What colour is the Mole's hair?
A: Brown
B: Red
C: Black and blue

Q5: Did the Mole have a coalition this season?
A: Yes
B: No


Wilson: "I know just who the Mole is. At first, Owen Front felt suspicious. He just felt like he knew everything, including what was going to happen in the next mission and so on. He was so confident it was very fishy. And just look at that second last mission. He helped take away 11 points from us. He also likes to order us around and take charge, so that he has a great chance to sabotage.

But I quickly caught on that Miranda Calsberg could be the Mole. I noticed her sabotage since the second mission, when she was the only one to constantly bump into dead ends. And I still remember how nonchalant she was about getting trapped in one. And that last mission, she didn't even drag a single bloody celebrity back. If Owen and I know nuts about celebs and can get at least one, there's no reason why she can't do the same."


Q6: In Mission 8, which car did the Mole drive?
A: Grey
B: Blue
C: Pink

Q7: In Mission 8, which was one of the places the Mole visited?
A: Marina Field
B: Smuggler's Cove
C: Bridgeport Sports Zone

Q8: In Mission 8, who did the Mole find successfully?
A: Raphael Striker
B: Jessica Talon
C: Nobody

Q9: In Mission 8, which celebrity was in the same location as the Mole at one point in time?
A: Johanna King
B: Romeo Rake
C: Raphael Striker

Q10: Which of these fake names did the celebrity the Mole found give in Mission 8?
A: Rosette
B: Lucy
C: The Mole did not find a celebrity


Miranda: "Wow, I'm not used to answering such in-depth, long quizzes. Okay, now is the time to collect yourself. Let's start with Wilson 'Jimmy' Richzker. He seems like the perfect type to sabotage ruthlessly, which matches our pot earnings right now. He doesn't care about others, so why should he care about the group pot? It makes sense for this selfish man to be the Mole. And all those times  points entered the pot? He was unlucky. Like I bet that in that first mission he hoped to disqualify the points.

And then there is Owen Front. I've been on to him for a while. He knows a lot. Like, WAY lot. He seems to have done every mission before. I bet it's because he had a trial run before, because he's the Mole! Sorry, got carried away. And just saying: Dorothy and Jimmy must have been picking the same suspect throughout. Why is it that Dorothy left then? Jimmy had an exemption, Owen is the Mole, I'm the winner. I'm coming, money!"


Q11: In Mission 8, name someone who the Mole ran into who was not a celebrity.
A: Ace Wilde
B: Tom Wordy
C: Odine Perry

Q12: In Mission 8, name another venue the Mole visited.
A: Art Gallery
B: Gym
C: Resort

Q13: Before Mission 8, in the hotel, was the Mole sitting or standing?
A: Sitting
B: Standing

Q14: How many exemptions did the Mole receive this season?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Owen Front
B: Miranda Calsberg
C: Wilson Richzker


Owen: "I'm not in touch with celebrities, so I'm not very confident with this quiz, but I've had a similar experience before, so I'll survive. I also encountered a situation where I had to pick one out of two suspects. Let me start with Miranda Calsberg. She has a rather lacklustre attitude and has sabotaged rather obviously. She doesn't seem too concerned about what's going on in the Smole right now. Like she just wants to get it over and done with. And don't think I didn't notice the bar stocked with beer like Heineken, Guiness and, oh, Carlsberg.

Now let me analyse for all of you why Wilson Richzker is innocent. Simply put, he could have sabotaged but didn't. He's worked hard for points. He pretty much gave himself away right from the start, when he proposed an idea that helped everyone ace that first mission."

***


"Welcome to the finale ceremony of the Smole, Season 27. It's your favourite host. We gather here at Boggard Overlook today while we wait for the ex-contestants to return and celebrate in the reveal together. We're also waiting for those stuff we ordered to arrive. Apparently there's been some delay...grumble grumble...oh look, here's our first contestant!"


"Let us welcome Wilfred Melrose-Isetay!"
Wilfred: "Good day to all of you."


"Following him is Sandy Shorres!"
Sandy: "This is more like it. At least I can see the sun and the sea."


"In eighth position is Gus Espinez!"
Gus: "You all must have missed this f**** veggie."


"Mallory Friends has also arrived!"
Mallory: "Maybe a long dress wasn't the most ideal."


"Let us put our hands together for Tricia Stein!"
Tricia: "Please don't. I'm not worthy of any applause. I had to be dragged out here."


"In fifth position is Roy Costello!"
Roy: "Hello again everyone. Fun fact: did you know my parents originally wanted to call me Ray?"


"Last but not least, let us give a warm welcome to Dorothy Channel!"
Dorothy: "It's such a delight to see all of you again. I truly treasure this reunion."


"Now, let us watch our final three do the dirty deeds.

"Firstly, Owen Front:
  • In Mission 2, he didn't make it to the end of the maze.
  • In Mission 3,  he was taking the lead the entire time, not letting Dorothy have a chance to discuss.
  • Owen dismissed Miranda's suggestion in Mission 4, instead sticking to what he thought was right...which was far from it.
  • In Mission 5, Owen was too deliberate, which actually made it more difficult for Tricia to understand him.
  • In Mission 6, Owen made a wrong guess, preventing himself from guessing further and earning more points.
  • In Mission 7, Owen spent some valuable time giving orders when he could have done it before they were in the warehouse. He also found an alarm clock too late, resulting in negative points being earned.
  • In Mission 8, he only found one celebrity.

Next, Miranda Calsberg:
  • In Mission 1, Miranda was very unwilling to just reveal who she was referring to just like that.
  • In Mission 2, not only did she not make it to the end, but she also kept running into dead ends, hoping for someone to save her and preventing them from advancing.
  • In Mission 3, whenever she had the opportunity, Miranda wasted time.
  • In Mission 4, Miranda distracted Wilson when Mallory was coming by hinting that she had a crush.
  • In Mission 5, Miranda looked down before Roy was done. She also did not seem to realise he had repeated his question and gave a wrong answer.
  • In Mission 6, she was the only one to not contribute to the pot by getting the exemption and fooling Owen.
  • In Mission 7, Miranda was too late when she stopped a clock, resulting in points being deducted.
  • In Mission 8, Miranda could reocgnise a single celebrity despite bumping into them.

Finally, Wilson Richzker:

  • In Mission 1, Wilson took a big risk by doing something that could potentially go against the rules and nullify any points earned.
  • In Mission 2, he didn't make it to the end of the maze. He also ended up at a dead end.
  • In Mission 4, he let Miranda distract him. He was also caught by Wilfred but tried to flout the rules, nearly resulting in a penalty.
  • In Mission 6, Wilson misunderstood Dorothy, who made it extremely obvious what her task was. This prevented him from further guessing and trying to earn points.
  • In Mission 7, he chose not to listen to Owen, which wasted some time and could have resulted in an argument which would lead to more time lost.
  • In Mission 8 he only got one celebrity despite bumping into more than one."



Roy: "This makes everyone more suspicious than I initially thought."


"Who do you think is the Mole?"
Wilfred: "I do think it is Wilson."
Dorothy: "It's not him. You don't know him well enough. I still believe it is Miranda."
Roy: "I think it is Owen." 


"The Mole has arrived. That mean it is time."



































































"The Mole..."















































































"...of Season 27..."














































































































































































































































"...is Miranda Calsberg!"


Wilfred: "I did not consider her as likely when I was in the game."


Sandy: "Miranda, huh? Good job. You sure fooled me."
Roy: "...ok."


Mallory: "You sound so nonchalant about it. She's the Mole that eluded us! She's my coalition member! Just my luck to trust precisely the wrong contestant."


Tricia: "I cannot believe it. This is too depressing."
Gus: "Lighten up, b****. It's just a game."
Mallory: "I suppose I can only blame myself."
Sandy: "I love that dress. Where did you get it?"
Roy: "Shall we just let her speak? And conveniently forget about the floating hearts?"


Miranda: "It was such a huge responsibility when I was informed I would be the Mole. I decided, 'why not'? So I decided to give it a try. For all you know, I may end up loving it. Though I didn't really. I was really nervous when Jimmy managed to get all 110 points the first time, so I had to step up my game. And he suspected me really early, so I thought to try and have a fake crush to get him off me. I should have continued with it instead of telling Dorothy I gave up on him because I didn't feel like continuing that act. Also, it's a good thing Owen didn't leave or I'll have a hard time covering my act. Phew, glad to get that off my chest."
"Thank you Miranda. As the Mole, you have earned 870/1500 points, or 870,000 Simoleons!"


"Now there are only two left. Which of the men do you think won?"
Tricia: "I don't want to waste my time guessing."
Roy: "If what she said was true, then I think Jimmy is the unlikely winner."
Wilfred: "I do think that Owen seems more assured. Unless Jimmy is his nickname?"


Mallory: "It's Wilson's."


Miranda: "Well, I'm curious too as to who won. It's anybody's game."


"Let us see who will fill the seat beside Wilfred."
























































































































Roy: "Well, can't say I'm surprised."
Mallory: "Oh, good job!"
Gus: "That d*** won!"
Tricia: "Ew."






















































































































"Let us welcome Owen Front!"


"He is not the winner, but the runner-up."
Gus: "I feel cheated."
Wilfred: "Ah, I see. It would have been a great honour to sit beside the man who unmasked the Mole."


Owen: "Well, I didn't get to win, but what kind of failure haven't I tasted yet by this point? Still, I suppose I can avoid being labelled as the one who lost to the Mole. Like Miranda said, Jimmy has been onto her since forever, and it was becoming increasingly apparent as time went by. So I had a good feeling I wouldn't make it. I'm just surprised I survived but Dorothy didn't since they're together, but I think it's because she was slower."
"Thank you, Owen, for playing this season. It was a close fight for the crown between you and Wilson."


"Speak of the devil."


Tricia: "I can't believe he won. What has this world come to?"
Roy: "Well, what can I say? Just enjoy the serene scenery and feel at peace and come to terms with the result."
Mallory: "He just doesn't strike me as a winner."


"Let us welcome our winner of the Smole, Season 27, Wilson Richzker!"
Wilson: "No applause? Well, f*** you too. Not that I cared about what you all thought."


Wilson: "Well, I did it, you all. I showed the world that this 'bad boy' can win. Without resorting to deceit or trickery too. I'm rich now and super stoked to have won. I guess my nose is as good as a bloodhound's. It's good that producers still let me win after all those close brushes with their rules. Okay, I'm done."
Sandy: "I'm still trying to digest all this."
Dorothy: "Good job Jimmy! I'm so proud of you. Oh, smile at the camera!"


"Thank you, Wilson. You have earned 630/1500 points, so 630,000 Simoleons is yours to keep. Now, let us review the clues that pointed us to the Mole.

"Firstly, 10 is a very significant number this season. It all began when we chose to take in only 10 contestants this season. In Mission 2, the building had 10 storeys and 10 dead ends. In Mission 7, there were 11 clocks, but if you remove the exemption clock, in actual fact there were 10 clocks to find. (The exemption clock's points was a bonus). For those who know basic arithmetic, 2+8=10. And where did 2 and 8 come from? That's right; it's Miranda's age. 

The hotel dining room also had a bar stocked with beers of various brands, including Carlsberg, as Owen duly noted. This sounds similar to Miranda's last name, Calsberg. The phrase 'I'm an alcoholic' from Mission 6 also hinted to the idea of beer.

In Mission 3, other than the green disc which was an exemption, all the discs corresponded to a colour on each of Miranda's different attire.


Her athletic top is yellow, her formal wear is white, her swimwear is pink, her sleepwear top is purple and her everyday dress is blue."


"And that's it! Thanks for being with us on the Smole, Season 27. It's been a blast. And our stuff came just in time too. See you next season!"

***


Miranda: "Should I go back to singing? Is my life to be defined by singing?"


Owen: "Lovely scenery to play the piano. If only it didn't clash so badly with the muzak over there."


Wilfred: "Shall we perform one more duet?"
Mallory: "Definitely."
Wilfred: "How about this song? Do you know how to sing it?"






Dorothy: "Better make some hot dogs in case they get hungry."


Tricia: "I would jump, but I know deep down I don't have the guts. And it would take too much effort to drown and die. Nobody understands me truly. Even my psychiatrist is incompetent and pushes me to do things that goes against my values and personality. I don't want to die, but I don't want to live even more. I'm sure nobody will mind. It's better for me to be selfish this once and die in peace than to live in agony like a walking zombie."


Roy: "This is higher than I expected. No need to be alarmed."


Roy: "But once you regain your composure, wow."




Thank you for joining us on the Smole, Season 27!

***

  • Red means executed, black means out of game, green means exempt, italics means player scored the lowest
  • The scores reflected only consist of the quiz and not the aggregate score (inclusive of the suspects list)
  • Except for the last quiz, which is upon 15, all quizzes are upon 5.
  • Except for the first quiz which asked for the Mole, all the suspects listed are the first contestant that they put down on the suspects list.
  • Gus was the lowest for three consecutive quizzes. For Sandy, it's two.
  • In the penultimate quiz, everyone scored full marks. Dorothy was executed because she was the slowest.


3 comments:

  1. Ok something went wrong with the results table...Roy definitely doesn't suspect himself. I think that's supposed to be Wilson who suspected Roy and Roy suspected Mallory. Quiz scores should be accurate but I think the suspects are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok for the most part it is correct. Just some changes (I'm lazy to redo the entire table sorry)

      Quiz 3: swap Roy and wil sons suspects only.
      Quiz 4:

      Delete
    2. Stupid blogger stopped letting me type or edit halfway...

      Quiz 4: swap Wilson and Roy's cells. I.e. Wilson should have 4/Roy and Roy should have 2/Mallory

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!