Thursday 26 January 2017

28.09-Useless old fogey



Last time, the contestants had to pretend to be mannequins while an outsider tried to guess who was still in the game. He picked all eight but also an executed player, resulting in 210/240 points for the mission, or 294/460 points overall. It shocked everyone when Lynette was the Mole's Accomplice again, and it shocked everyone more when Lisbon was executed. Who will be next? Will Lynette be the Accomplice for the third time In a row?

***


Lynette: "I should try cooking."


Kieran: "What is 2x1?"
Junico: "Er...er...it is..5?"

Rico: "No, the answer is 2. It's so simple, you useless old fogey."
Kieran: "That's no way to speak to your father, even if it is true."

Kieran: "You have to prove him wrong, Nico. It's going to take a long while though. How about a scenario: You see a car coming towards you but it's far away for now. What do you do?"
Junico: "I don't know."
Kieran: "Tick tock. It's coming closer."
Junico: "Er...run."
Kieran: "Too slow. You got killed."

***


Beth: "Why do you wear the same thing to sleep everyday?"
Kieran: "I change my undershirt, if you haven't noticed. What about you?"
Beth: "Oh, interested in my bedroom attire? I wear lingerie to sleep, but sometimes go naked under the covers. Hee! I'm sure the boys in my room enjoy a little peek every now and then. Want to see what kind of bra I wear to sleep?"
Kieran: "It's fine. I'm a neurologist, not a pervert."


Sue: "I'm going to sue you for harassment!"
Rico: "I'll sue you first!"
Sue: "I bet you can't even afford a lawyer."
Rico: "Who says? I'll represent myself and sue your fat ass to hell."
Sue: "Is that a threat? I'm recording that."

***




Contestants are going to the library to translate a phrase within 20 minutes. If they succeed, 140 points will be earned, all or nothing. The phrase is pembaziran tou temps.


Sue: "I'm the Mole's Accomplice. I finally get a chance. I'm going to be aggressive and try to misdirect and waste time so that the 140 points go straight to my pocket."


Junico: "Let us begin."
Lynette: "Shh."
Sue: "Split up. Look for the dictionaries or translation books."


Beth: "Long trench coat...is he a flasher? I wanna take a look."



Beth: "Hello there, handsome. I couldn't help but notice you from far away."


Tourist: "What can I do for a lovely lady like you?"
Beth: "That accent is so hot."


Junico: "What do I do? Do I just take a book and read?"


Rico: "Oi! Get that hand out of my book! And why are you reading a history book? Are you trying to sabotage? Are you the Mole's Accomplice?"
Others: "SHH!"


Lynette: "This mission is right up my alley. Peace, quiet."


Lynette: "This mission is right up my alley. I probably said that before, but it's true. I've studied Greek before. I recognise that the middle word is 'of' and that the other two words aren't Greek. Therefore, we had to translate various langugages into Simlish. Of course, I needed to check to be sure. I didn't want to give the wrong information, especially since the alphabets vary. We agreed to let Kieran be the one in charge of collating and figuring it out by typing out various possibilities on the computer since we trust him the most."


Kieran: "Hmm...oh, why is there a Chinese book hidden here? It's so out of place."


Sue: "I'm going to try and pick all the wrong books. I know that the languages are Malay, Greek and French. I don't know where I can find them but certainly not here. I should try misdirecting."


Kelvin: "A Welsh-Simlish dictionary. Just what I need."


Lynette: "Why are the books all over the place? Do they not have an organisational system?"

***



Beth: "So, can you help me with this phrase? I'd do anything you ask me to, hot stuff."


Tourist: "Hmm...I recognise the last word. It is French for time. That's all I know."
Beth: "Seriously? You suck. How can you only know one word?"
Tourist: "Hey! You said you'd do anything I ask you to. Where are you going?"
Beth: "I prefer my men smart."

***


Kieran: "I've got it. Come down to the first floor if you guys found anything."


Sue: "I saw a lot of language books over on that shelf. Help me read them later, Lynette."
Lynette: "Okay.None of the words match."
Sue: "Don't be so hasty in flipping. You'll miss some stuff like that. Are you trying to sabotage? I can sue you for this."
Lynette: "What? No, no...I'm not."


Kieran: "Aha. A computer."


Kieran: "Okay, I saw that tou was Chinese for head and steal."

***


Rico: "Got it."


Sue: "Here, take this book on Spanish."
Lynette: "Okay..."


Sue: "Meanwhile, I'll try to find another one. Nice to see you finally contributing, Beth."
Beth: "The men here are the worst. They're all so stupid and...dumb! Nobody knows what the phrase means."


Kelvin: "This letters and symbols are so foreign to me. Wait, something looks quite similar here."

***


Kieran: "The internet connection is so slow."


Rico: "Kieran, I have it. Temps is French for 'time'."


Kieran: "I found that out already, actually."


Kieran: "Thanks for the input though."


Lynette: "Kieran, I found another source that says tou is Greek for 'of'."
Kieran: "Okay, I'll add that to the list."


Lynette: "I am going to claim those 140 points."


Sue: "Um, my hands are sore."
Beth: "I know right.'


Beth: "This is so boring. I'll look through a different book."


Sue: "Hmm, oh sh**, a Greek-to-Simlish manual. I need to hide that somewhere."


***


Kieran: "Nico, got anything yet?"


Junico: "Huh? No."


Junico: "I am not a language person."


Junico: "I will put this away now. And then...erm...I will think of it when it comes."


Lynette: "Let's see if Malay is one of our languages."


Sue: "Kelvin, what have you found so far?"
Kelvin: "A lot. I am going down."
Sue: "Okay. Can you tell Kieran that I found out that tou is Italian for 'gimmick'?"


Sue: "tou is so not Italian for 'gimmick'. I made that up."


Junico: "I really am useless. I cannot help."

***


Kelvin: "Kieran, I have something for you.  I found out what pembaziran is...rather, I came across it. But it says 'eithriad'. Could you try typing that down and searching for it?"
Kieran: "Okay, will do. I haven't got any leads for that yet."


Kelvin: "Also, Sue told me that tou is Italian for 'gimmick'. I don't know how true that is."
Kieran: "So many alternatives. Yeesh. Anybody has a clue with the rest?"


Lynette: "That is not true. I know a bit of Italian so I can tell you that Sue is lying."


Kieran: "Oh. This is an interesting development. Anything to say about that, Kelvin?"


Kelvin: "Hmm, she could be lying. I did not think of that."


Kieran: "Yes, quite peculiar."


Kelvin: "I'll go look for the other words."
Kieran: "You do that. I should really start doing some searching of my own too."


Sue: "Darn, they didn't buy it."


Kelvin: "Sue...I'll leave you to explain. I am excited for the drama waiting to unfold."




Kieran: "Sue, there you are. I heard you spread false information."

Sue: "What? No, that cannot be possible."


Sue: "I really saw tou."


Kieran: "Nobody said it was that word."


Sue: "What? Oh, um...wait a minute, that's the only word I told you."
Kieran: "That's right. I just wanted to see your reaction. Pretty guilty, if you ask me."


Sue: "I'm going to sue you for that."


Lynette: "I'm watching you. Don't try anything funny. By the way, pembaziran is Malay for 'waste'"


Sue: "Yeah, yeah. I can sue you for stalking. Now hurry up. We don't have much time left."


Kieran: "Hopefully everything here is accurate. Waste head time? Waste of time...that's it. The answer is 'waste of time'."
"That is correct. 140/140 points have been earned."


Sue: "Damn them."

Pot: 434/600
Beth: 0
Darroll: 0
Edmund: 0
Godfrey: 0
Junico: 82
Kelvin: 0
Kieran: 0
Kit: 0
Lisbon: 0
Lynette: 84
Rico: 0
Sue: 0




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!