Wednesday 11 January 2017

28.01-Am I talking to myself right now?


And we are back for another season of the Smole. Usually, a group of contestants compete in various missions to earn points for the pot. More points in the pot = more money to bring home. Among them is a Mole, hired by producers to sabotage and deceive. Any points out of the pot goes to the Mole. Contestants must pinpoint who the Mole is via quizzes, to which the lowest scorer each quiz is executed and out of running for the money.

This season's twists are that there will be a Mole's Accomplice each mission. The accomplice will do the Mole's dirty work by helping to sabotage. Each player also has a personal pot so in the event that they are the Mole's Accomplice for that mission, whatever points they kept out of the pot for that mission will go to their personal pot. They get to keep it if they win; otherwise their earnings will go to the Mole. Now, let us welcome our twelve brand new contestants!

From left to right, we have:

Sue Una Law, 42, lawyer,
Lisbon Merino, 25, model,
Kelvin Kitn, 34, unemployed,
Junico Laurence, 53, unemployed,
Rico Jury-Laurence, 31, souvenir shop assistant,
Kit Chen, 33, chef,
Edmund Joacquester, 36, engineer,
Darroll Florizel, 29, unemployed,
Beth Bette, 22, policewoman,
Godfrey Chellow, 55, banker,
Lynette Pratchett, 27, actress, and
Kieran La Dana, 35, neurologist.

***


Contestants have been scattered around Twinbrook.


They are to find their way to a certain location before 5pm.


Only then will they be able to contribute 10 points to the pot.


This is worth 120 points in total.


The first to make it will get an exemption.


To help them, they have been given a hint: Where would the Mole go?


They have been provided with our very own cell phones, which only has functions relevant to the Smole.


Should they need any more assistance, they can text the only number in there for another clue.


They can either text ILLMOLE, WHERE or NOPOINTS to 66-6653.


Each time they text, they take 3 points out from the pot, whether they make it or not.


They may text each codeword once.


Off they go.


Lynette: "I have no idea where to go. The first clue is so vague. I should use another one...how about WHERE?"


Lynette: "Dirty deeds are done around here...hmm, I better cross this first."


Lynette: "It's clearly not here."


Lynette: "This place is giving me the creeps."


Lynette: "I better make a break for it first."


Lynette: "What? No car? I have to get a taxi myself?"

***


Beth: "I would take a quick dip right now if I weren't pressed for time, and if there were any hot boys out here."


Beth: "Seriously, where is everyone?"


Beth: "Turns out the gate isn't locked, hee."

***


Godfrey: "Okay, so apparently this clue says that dirty deeds are done around here...where exactly?"


Junico: "Hello there, hot stuff."
Beverly: "Ugh."

Junico: "I'm on the Smole. Any idea where the Mole would go?"
Beverly: "The Smole? I love that show! You must be famous. Can I get your autograph?"


Junico: "No, but you can touch me...we can hug."
Beverly: "This is like a dream come true!"


Junico: "Stop talking."

***


Kelvin: "Quiet. Just the way I like it. But I should hurry and find that destination. Aha, a fine lady I can prey...target...she's leaving."


Kelvin: "Wait up, miss. Why do you walk so fast for a pregnant lady?"


Kelvin: "Maybe I can ask that man instead."


Kelvin: "You over there. Stop in your tracks."


Kelvin: "What is your name, sir?"
Marshall: "Marshall Curious. Is anything the matter?"


Kelvin: "Tell me the darkest, most sinister of places in this Twinbrook."


Kelvin: "My name is Kelvin Kitn. That's pronounced Kint, because kitten is the complete opposite of what I am. The first mission was...fine, but the Mole will get a lot of chances to sabotage without anyone watching. Based on intuition and that first clue, the destination must be somewhere shady."


Marshall: "I know just the place. Try visiting the industrial train centre. Rumour has it that a lot of drug shipments happened there."
Kelvin: "Excellent. Where is it?"
Marshall: "I don't know. I've never been there."
Kelvin: "Imbecile. Thank you for your help anyway."

***


Lisbon: "Hello there, miss."
Pattina: "So handsome..."


Lisbon: "I'm flattered. I get that a lot, but I'm still flattered."


Anyway, so I need to get somewhere, and all I know is that dirty deeds are done there. Any idea where that may be?"


Pattina: "Um, no, not really. But I do know that those Rackets are always up to no good. Try asking them."
Lisbon: "Thanks...though I have no idea who they are."

***


Godfrey: "If I want to dig up on this town's secrets and history, the library will be the best place to go. Assuming they didn't try and sweep everything under the rug."

***


Kieran: "These horses don't seem happy to see me."


Kieran: "I would try and ask them for help but I'm a neurologist, not a horse whisperer."


Kieran: "Aaah! Did that horse try to bite me?"


Kieran: "I scared them off. Oh well."


Kieran: "Could it be there?"


Kieran: "Don't be silly, Kieran. There's no way I have to be over that bridge. I should try texting a clue. Some points are better than none. How about 'ILLMOLE'."


Kieran: "'Don't expect to see a lot of life'? If it's not here, then where could it be?"


Kieran: "I'll just take a look around...ooh, free parked car."


Kieran: "Hey! That vehicle nearly hit me!"


Kieran: "Right, no sign of Smole..."

***


Junico: "What a colourful creature."


Amy: "I really can't help you...creep. I have to go to work now. Bye."


Junico: "She just took off her clothes in front of me. Is that the culture in Twinbrook?"

***


Kieran: "Woah...all that industrial waste is polluting the environment. What goes on in the minds of these evil conglomerates? Don't answer that."


Kieran: "Okay, I don't think I'll get anything conclusive from 'WHERE', but might as well...'dirty deeds are done around here'. Is it not here?"

***


Beth: "'Dirty deeds are done here'...that must be the laundromat! Because dirty clothes go there!"


Beth: "Am I talking to myself right now?"

***


Godfrey: "The history books don't say anything of use. I should just get another clue. 'Don't expect to see a lot of life'. Hmm...the junkyard?"

***


Beth: "Here we are."


Beth: "Excuse me, miss, but have you seen any Smole cameras?"
Lynette: "You're on the Smole? So am I! I'm Lynette."
Beth: "Beth. Let's work together."


Kit: "Maybe I can find something inside one of these bags."


Lynette: "So, what clues have you gotten so far?"
Beth: "Dirty deeds are done here. Aren't you gonna share yours?"
Lynette: "That's the same clue I got."


Kit: "How about in here? Nothing too?"


Lynette: "We should be at the right place since we're gathered here."
Beth: "Why not ask the residents here?"


Beth: "Like that lady over there?"
Lynette: "You go."


Lynette: "Forgive me, but Beth sounds like a bimbo, or more accurately, a bimbette. How did she end up being a policewoman?"



Beth: "Excuse me, do you live here?"
Kit: "No, I'm from the Smole."
Beth: "Oh, me too! This must be the right place!"


Beth: "She's Lynette, and I'm Beth."
Lynette: "I'm doubtful that we're supposed to be here."


Beth: "Have you used any clues so far?"
Kit: "No, because I don't want to lose points."


Beth: "Want to come with us?"
Kit: "It's fine, really. I think I'll rather do this on my own."


Kit: "My name is Kit Chen. I used to be a singer, but I don't think anybody remembers that. I'm now a chef. I don't trust Beth or Lynette, not yet anyway. It's too early to tell if they could be the Mole. They don't even know where to go yet. It's not like we're supposed to all go to the same place, right?"


Beth: "If you say so."
Lynette: "I should use another clue."


Beth: "You should really reconsider..."
Kit: "Kit."
Lynette: "Beth, over here."


Kit: "Well, they're already excluding me. I bet they're in a coalition."


Lynette: "I texted 'NOPOINTS' and this is the clue: 'Your destination is right beside the twin towers'."
Beth: "This makes things so much easier. We should have texted that first. Let's go!"
Lynette: "What about her?"
Beth: "Screw her. If she doesn't want our help, so be it."

***

Lisbon: "So, I shouldn't expect to see a lot of life. The graveyard, then?"
Dilly: "What's a man like you going to the graveyard for?"
Marc: "How did you get those muscles? What's your diet?"
Lisbon: "Well, there's this food you really shouldn't eat, and this exercise you really MUST NOT do."


Eva: "Bye. I'm going to talk to that hunk over there."

***


Rico: "Okay, the mausoleum is completely empty. I am getting out of here."


Rico: "Where should I go?"


Rico: "Hmm...where would the Mole go? Probably that shady little place at that corner."

***


Kieran: "Excuse me, but do you know where I can't see a lot of life and where dirty deeds are done?"

Nick: "Have you tried the swamps? It's a pretty sketchy area."


Kieran: "I have. That's not where I'm supposed to be I think."
Nick: "Then I'm stumped."
Kieran: "Thanks anyway."


Kieran: "I suppose one more clue won't hurt. If it puts others on my scent, even better. Time to text 'NOPOINTS'."


Kieran: "Eh? Hey, mister, could you help me?"


Kieran: "I need to be somewhere where dirty deeds are done, no life around and is beside the twin towers...sounds like Kuala Lumpur, but anyway."


Clark: "Hmm...you don't look like such a chap."
Kieran: "I'm on the Smole."


Clark: "Well, whatever it is, it's been decommissioned. You're thinking of the industrial train centre, right?"
Kieran: "That must be it. Thank you. Any directions?"

***


Beth: "The criminal hideout. Of course."
Lynette: "You're good. How did you know this was a criminal hideout?"
Beth: "I work in the police force. I can tell."


Lynette: "It looks like nobody's here."
Beth: "Isn't that a good thing That's our clue."
Lynette: "No, no, as in, no other contestants, no cameras, no crew, no nothing."


Beth: "You're right."
Lynette: "Now what?"
Beth: "Into that building! It's time for a raid."
Lynette: "Man, is she noisy."


Beth: "Hello my lovelies!"


Lynette: "There's nobody in here."


Lynette: "Wait, how about over there?"
Beth: "Worth a shot."


Beth: "The twin towers...that's what they meant."


Beth: "Last one in is a rotten egg!"


Tourist: "Eggs? I could use some right now. I'm trying to take a train back but I haven't seen one in ages."


Beth: "Onward, comrade!"


Lynette: "Is this the place?"


"Congratulations for making it to Twinbrook Industrial Train Centre. It's been out of use for years. Please, take a seat while I educate you more on the history of this place."


"Right, before that, Lynette, for being the first to step through that door, you get an exemption."
Lynette: "Really? That's great!"


Beth: "Hmph. You wouldn't have made it without me."


Lynette: "Oh, I didn't mean to snatch it from you or anything."


Lynette: "So, what do you work as?"
Beth: "A police officer."
Lynette: "Really? You?"
Beth; "Excuse me?"

***


Godfrey: "The junkyard. At long last. Dirty and quiet. Sounds like a Mole's perfect hangout."


Godfrey: "Wow, there are train tracks here."


Godfrey: "Righty-o, I shouldn't be diddling. Time to look for something that tells me my next clue, I presume."

***


Kieran: "Ah, water towers."


Kieran: "I must be going inside."


Kieran: "Is this it?"


Beth: "Good job, handsome!"
Kieran: "The name's La Dana. Kieran La Dana."


"Congratulations Kieran for making it here."


Beth: "Ooh, Bond theme."
Lynette: "How many clues did you use?"
Kieran: "Err...all three."


Beth: "What?"


Beth: "I can't believe you would waste our points like that!"
Kieran: "I'm here, aren't I? 1 point is better than none."


Beth: "If I were the Mole, I would make it here but sacrifice as many points as I can. Kieran did that. I'm on to you, you sexy little thing in a hat."

***



Kelvin: "Step on it, or else."
Taxi driver; "Please don't kill me. Don't use those eyes on me. Of all jobs I could've done, I chose to drive shady passengers."


***


Sue: "Officer, are you telling me that you have no idea what the Smole is?"


Dee: "Yes."
Sue: "Have you been living under a rock?"


Sue: "If you're not going to be of use, can you at least stop wasting my time? I can sue you. I'm a lawyer."


Dee: "I'm so scared. I'm a patrol officer. Right now, you're in my territory."
Sue: "Is that how it's going to go down? I can sue you for threatening me. They don't call me Sue U. Law for nothing!"

***


"Congratulations Rico for making it."


Kieran: "Excellent."
Beth: "Yay!"

***


Taxi driver: "Can you tell me where exactly you want to go?"
Edmund: "Erm..how about you stop there?"

***


Kelvin: "This must be the place. I can sense it."


Kit: "Maybe this isn't the right place. I shouldn't have been sitting around, so sure of myself."


Kit: "Excuse me, have you seen a green blonde and a blue brunette?"
Penny: "I thought aliens were bald and Avatars had black hair."

***


Edmund: "Wait for it..."


Edmund: "My wisdom-o-meter says..."


Edmund: "I have absolutely no effing idea."


Darroll: "So you wasted my time listening to you?"


Edmund: "Hey bro, don't say that now. You did check out this entire place for me."


Darroll: "Hold up. Firstly, it's Darroll. I'm not your 'bro'. I have no blood relations with you. We look completely different."


Darroll: "Secondly, I do not check this entire place for you. I did it for myself."


Edmund: "Chillax dude. I can see the game is stressin' you out already. How about we just use a little clue? We text different codes and share."
Darroll: "Fine with me."


Darroll: "I'll text 'WHERE'."


Edmund: "My destination is right beside the twin towers? What the eff are you on about?"


Gala: "I couldn't help but overhear, but are you talking about the old train centre? There are two water towers."
Edmund: "Of course I knew that. My wisdom-o-meter is shooting up. Yo, bro, let's get down to this train station!"
Darroll: "I am not your brother! Do not abuse the Simlish language like that."

***


Junico: "I can't believe I was arrested for obeying their culture. Anyway, what should I be doing...ah, text the clue. Why haven't I thought about that yet? Hmm...twin towers?"




Edmund: "You're literally on drugs."
Darroll: "You did it again! You mean 'figuratively'."
Edmund: "Literally, figuratively...same diff. It's 'bout the metaphor, yo."


Edmund: "And in I go!"


Darroll: "He's denser than a block of wood."
"Congratulations Edmund and Darroll, for making it to the end in time."

***


Lisbon: "This...probably isn't right."


Lisbon: "Welp, there goes that last clue. Twin towers, eh?"


Lisbon: "Maybe I can spot them here. Thought Malaysia was the only place with twin towers. Oh, is it those two over there?"

***


Sue: "You have no idea what's of interest in Twinbrook?"


Royce: "Look, madam, if you're not going to buy anything, don't get in the way of my business."


Sue: "Oh, so you're going to do that to me, huh?"


Sue: "I can sue you for that, you know."

****



Lisbon: "This must be it."


Lisbon: "I see a bunch of others there."

***


Ignore Lynette's outfit. :)
"Time is up. Congratulations to those who made it. Eight of you made it. However, Lynette used two clues, Beth used one, Kieran used three, Edmund used one, Darroll used one and Lisbon used three. Furthermore, among those who failed to get here, Godfrey used two clues and Junico used one. That's a total of 42 points deducted, so altogether 38/120 points have been earned. Just a head's up that there's a Mole's Accomplice among you and you may answer your quiz with who you suspect to be the accomplice."

Pot: 38/120
Beth: 0
Darroll: 0
Edmund: 0
Godfrey: 0
Junico: 0
Kelvin: 0
Kieran: 0
Kit: 0
Lisbon: 0
Lynette: 0
Rico: 0
Sue: 0



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!