Monday 3 April 2017

30.01-The next Da Vinci


Welcome to the Smole, Season 30! Thought you'd seen the last of us? Not yet, because how could we not have a 30th season for completeness? If you don't know by now, on the Smole, contestants play for a shot at money, earned through missions. However, there is a Mole hiding among them, sabotaging to keep the money for himself or herself. The rest must try and find out who this Mole is through quizzes, and whoever knows the least is executed. In the event of a tie, the slowest contestant (among those who scored the lowest) is executed. This continues until there are only three left standing--the winner, the runner-up and the Mole. 

Except this season, the Mole may not be the same one throughout. If at least 75% of the contestants remaining put down the correct Mole on the quiz, the Mole would be executed. One contestant will then randomly be chosen to be the Mole's Accomplice, essentially taking over the Mole's duties. And if the accomplice is also executed, another will be chosen and this will continue until the final 5, after which the Mole or accomplice (whoever remains) will be immune for the rest of the season.

Also, this season, one lucky ex-contestant may return to celebrate the 30th season. This contestant has chosen one of the contestants this season. If that chosen contestant is executed, the lucky ex-contestant will get to return. Until then, the ex-contestant will get special raw footage from the chosen contestant's personal cameraman to stay up-to-date with the happenings in the house and game. Who are these contestants? You'll find out in due time.

***

Hazel: "Hello, my name is Hazel Jessicarnation. I'm 20 years old and unemployed. I have a wonderful boyfriend Mazda Nutt. We both love this show. Being on the Smole has been a dream for me. I can't wait to travel the world and meet new faces and gain a whole new experience! My strategy would be to spread. Spread, spread, spread. I won't fall into the trap of picking only one suspect. I'll have a few in my arsenal to be safe."

Sebastian: "My name is Sebastian Aalend. I am the next Picasso, the next Da Vinci! One day, everybody will come to appreciate my work. Forget science, artists are the undervalued national treasures! I may be 35 but I still have many years ahead of me. The Smole will convince everyone and propel me to fame, as long as I find the Mole. And I will. I will not play it safe. That is a coward's act. Life is about taking risks. If you want to dream big, take big steps. I do not believe I will be that unlucky."


Ethan: "I'm Ethan Blackwell. I'm 23 and am currently unemployed. I'm here because I'd like a shot at winning. I have the perfect plan: to be the Mole. It takes one to know one, after all."


David: "I'm David Hancock. I'm 37 and a doctor. I enjoy fishing in my free time. I'm here just for some new excitement in life. I've thought out my game plan: go with the gut."


Sylvester: "Hello everybody. My name is Sylvester Lindon. I am 29 years of age. I'm an entrepreneur and looking to build an online startup. I'm here because I want to win and am confident of doing so. Going with this season's twist, I just need to convince everyone to pick the right Mole to execute him or her. But only if I'm sure it won't jeopardise my chances of winning."


Brett: "Hello. I'm Brett Malta. I'm 29 years old. I do data entry as a clerk at a firm. My strategy...wait, no, that's not the order I wanted. Can I do a re-over? As in, redo this. Hello. I'm Brett zmalta. I'm 29 years old. I am a clerk. I joined the Smole to try my luck at finding out who the Mole is. Given my on-the-job training and eye for detail, I am confident of my ability in identifying the Mole. Okay cut."


Danielle: "Hello, my name is Danielle but you can call me Dani. I'm 29 this year and am working as an e-journalist for Hot Scoop, the trendiest online magazine, to pay off my student loans. I studied Media Analytics in uni. I love my job, but I hope to be able to keep my salary for once. My strategy is to use my perceptive eye and charismatic wit to get the Mole when he or she least expects it. They can't keep up the act forever."


Damien: "My name's Damien Stewart. I'm the son of Angel Stewart. I work...as a 'businessman', yep. I joined to make it rich. I may be 33 this year but I will make it there eventually. My strategy is to ally with those I trust like my mother and use everything and everyone to get what I want."


Joseph: "You probably know who I am if I told you I'm related to Jose, Scarlett and Bloom. I'm Joseph Phine, Jose's younger brother. I'm 46 years old and am currently running my late father's business. I used to be a national swimmer but I don't think anybody remembers that any more. I joined because it's becoming a family tradition and I saw how my dear brother didn't get to participate in half the missions he was part of, so I'm here to win back our pride. I'll do that by playing it safe and running the least risk. That means observing everyone and answering the quiz in a way that will give me the best odds."

Proof of Joseph's ex-swimming history.


Rachel: "Heya, I'm Rachel. Rachel Addams. I'm 25 and from Appaloosa Plains. I work as a vet there, but I also moonlight at several bars at night. I joined this show to earn a quick buck and retire early...don't let my bosses hear that. It's going to air? Well, damn..erm...I'm helping to boost public awareness of dogs...oh, and my workplaces. Come patronise, guys! My strategy? Hmm...my strategy is no strategy. I'm just gonna wing it. Oh, and one more thing. This hair is real, 'kay?"


London: "Good day to you all. I am London Yorkshire. I'm from London, yes, what a coincidence. I'm 26 years old this year and am currently unemployed. It's a long story, don't ask. My friend an ex-boss Milan joined last season and she got to go to China. So it's only natural that I join too. I'm going to go with my luck, which has been pretty good lately. I need a few to trust, however, and I don't mind fooling my competitors a bit."


Esther: "Hello. My name is Esther Chance. I am 43 this year. I wish I didn't have to reveal my age though. I'm a housewife but I used to work as a jeweller and as a banker before I got married. I'm very diligent and will note down anything suspicious I see. That will increase my chances of winning, then I can shove it in all my neighbours' faces that I won."


Angel: "Hello, I'm Angel Stewart. I'm 78 this year. In the past I worked many jobs and am blessed with a long life, I guess. I'm now retired but I volunteer when I can. I'm also blessed with seven wonderful children. I joined with my son Damien. I hope to be able to work with him to find out the Mole. Hopefully my past experiences will give me an edge."


Jake: "I'm Jake Huez. I'm 18 and am a senior in high school. It's currently the holidays so I came to look for my father, Justin Huez, who left a few months ago in search of his wife. Hopefully I can persuade him to return home. But that means I need to stay for as long as I can. My plan is to keep my friends close and my enemies closer."

***


Some random shots as the contestants arrive.







Thought I'd send Angel to pay a visit to Jumper Horse the unicorn.

***
Day 1
Everyone has arrived in Zimmaport. Contestants have to find the current residences of all the Season 26 contestants to earn points, 10 points for each correct house identified. This is worth 120 points in total. They have six hours.


Joseph: "We decided to split up into trios and duos. I went with London, who's quite the looker and interesting character. It was 8am on a Sunday. We thought going to places like the pool would help in finding the ex-contestants who could then tell us where they lived. We also had an organisational system in place, where each group would cover a different area of Zimmaport, which is frankly quite large."

***


London: "Nobody's here."
Joseph: "Don't get mad at me now."


Joseph: "Don't you think my plan made sense?"
London: "No, because it is freaking 8am in the morning. Who wouldn't sleep in?"
Joseph: "Fair enough. Ah! Let's just go door-to-door then!"

***


Damien: "Looks like my kind of haunt."
Jake: "It's not open yet. I really think it's more straightforward to go to the houses to try and match them to the contestants."
Damien: "Who brought this guy along?"
Angel: "Be nice, Damien."

***

Rachel: "Time to write this down: 8.45 am in the park that's completely deserted. I guess we'll just wait until somebody shows up in this ghost town."


Esther: "You want to form a coalition with me?"
Danielle: "Yes. I think I can trust you. We share the same room and bed and all."
Esther: "Very well. I think together, we can do well."

***



London: "Whoever lives here is rich."


Joseph: "Want to make a guess as to which contestant lives here?"
London: "We don't even know that as of now."


Joseph: "We'll find out when he comes out. Gosh, it's pretty hot."
London: "I hear footsteps. Yay!"
Joseph: "You change your mood at the drop of a hat."


Joseph: "Good morning...you look familiar. Oh, you're that old man from Season 19!"
Walter: "Thanks, Captain Obvious. Don't need to remind me that I'm one foot in the grave. And what season are you talking about?"
London: "He counts, right? He's an ex-contestant."
Joseph: "Can we go in first?"


London; 'Gauche."


Walter: "So you're from the Smole...I regretted signing up for that show."
Joseph: "Did you watch Season 26?"
Walter: "No, I want nothing more to do with it."
Joseph: "Okay...who do you live with?"
Walter: "Nobody."
Joseph: "Oh...well, thank you for your time."

***


Sylvester: "Guys, follow my lead. We won't go wrong."


Sylvester: "I say we go..."


Sylvester: "...that way."
Ethan: "Someone else has it covered."
Sylvester: "Can we trust them?"


Hazel: "Hey!"


Hazel: "A horse!"
Sylvester: "Wait! Don't go running off by yourself!"

***


Sebastian: "Needs more artwork."
Brett: "That steak wasn't perfect enough."
David: "Alright, we had our fill."


David: "Okay, wise guy. You brought us here. Have we found anyone?"
Brett: "Shh, don't come blaming me."

***


London: "Somebody left their car behind."


Joseph: "London, you take the other house. I'll take this one."


London: "Oh, they came out by themselves."


London: "Hey you!"


London: "You're Vivian Belle of Season 18."

Vivian: "Huh? Oh, the Smole. Yes, I'm surprised you still remember. What can I do for you?"
London: "Who lives with you?"
Vivian: "Ernest. He lives in that block over there. I rented this block from him."

London: "Wow, he bought two houses with his winnings?"


Amanda: "Cat, someone is looking for you."
Catherine: "Who is that?"
Joseph: "Oh, Catherine Thomas." 


Joseph: "You live here?"
Catherine: "Yes. You are...?"


Joseph: "On the Smole. Thanks. We've got one down at last."
Catherine: "I see...the memories."
Joseph: "Are you doing better? I saw what happened on Season 26."
Catherine: "Yes, I'm doing fine. Thanks for your concern."
Joseph: "Do you know where anyone else lives?"
Catherine: "I know where Lloyd lives. I'll give you his address."


Joseph: "Afte what felt like hours, we finally found our first contestant and her house: Catherine Thomas. I stopped to chat with her for a short while. She gave us Lloyd Smart's address but when we arrived nobody was at home. But as long as we can say where each contestant lives it should be fine, right?"

***


Danielle: "I see. So none of you have been on the Smole?"
Conan: "No."
Ken Ray: "But we gave our rights to the producers to replicate the house for one season of the Smole."
Rachel: "No wonder this place is so familiar."


Danielle: "Zimmaport is full of interesting characters. Maybe I should date some of them some time. Don't get me wrong. For my next article, I need to date 10 men. And I need all the support I can get. Not that I don't mind the dates and the gifts they shower onto me...unless it's horrible and they're horrible and the whole date is horrible...I digress."


Rachel: "Hey, where's Dani?"
Esther: "Wasn't she behind you?"
Rachel: "Nevermind that. Someone is coming out! Stop her!"


Germaine: "You really shouldn't be asking you. It feels so wrong to be giving numbers to a stranger, especially an older woman. And I'm not going to set my teachers up for dates. I'm turning 19 soon anyway so I don't have to deal with them for much longer."
Danielle: "Are you really sure there aren't any single eligible bachelors in Zimmaport?"
Germaine: "You've got the wrong lady."


Esther: "Excuse me."
Magdalene: "Ugh, they just don't give up."


Magdalene: "I have to go to work."
Esther: "It won't take long. I'm Esther Chance, and this is--"
Rachel: "Rachel, yadda yadda. I had this bright idea that this was the house for Season 26 of the Smole. So someone lives here right?"
Magdalene: "Randall, but why do you want to know? My houseboat was wrecked. I'm never loaning it out again."

***


Hazel: "It's a good thing I saw this mansion on the hill, am I right?"


Sylvester: "This looks like celebrity street."
Hazel: "Who's a celebrity contestant?"
Ethan: "I think Jasmine and Elaine live here. But how do we get in?"


Sylvester: "We can definitely be sure they live here."

Sylvester: "So, we may have been a little misguided. Apparently each contestant lived in a separate house. It's a good thing we bumped into Elaine near the police station. She told us she had just been released. I was surprised she didn't get locked up forever but she said that this is Zimmaport; most crimes result in you being locked up overnight at most. And she has connections with the police force. I wonder how her husband is faring. Righty, I meant to stay on track. She showed us her home was near the police station."

***


Stewart: "Smole contestants? Hmm...oh, Lisette was on that show wasn't she Martha?"
Angel: "So she lives here?"
Stewart: "Not any more. She moved out once she graduated to join a band."


Martha: "Hardly comes to visit. I don't need a daughter that wastes herself away."
Stewart: "Come on, Martha. She's been visiting us more often lately."
Martha: "When she comes she quarrels with me."
Angel: "Mind if I ask why?"
Martha: "I don't approve of her life. She's in a band that's struggling, with no real stable income. She's chasing fame like boys chase skirts. And speaking of boys, I don't approve of her relationship with that Lloyd. How old is he? He can be her father!"


Damien: "We managed to find Lisette Mack's old home. Unfortunately she doesn't live there any more. Then we got stuck in her mom's rant. My mom Angel tried to help so we ended up sticking for more than we wanted to. At least I managed to get that keychain by the door without them looking. It could sell for a bit."

***


Sylvester: "I think I recognise this house...wasn't this the house of that politician, Michelle Brack?"
Hazel: "You have amazing memory."


Germaine: "Dad, someone's following us."
Ken Ray: "Do you owe someone money?"
Conan: "I'm insulted. I'm an honest businessman, okay?"


Michelle: "I hate this uniform. And how did I get this sailboat?"


Hazel: "I can't believe nobody is home."
Ethan: "That's not what matters. What matters is that we confirm that this house is Michelle Brack's."
Sylvester: "Or so we assume. Nothing much we can do about it now anyway. Let's move on. There's still that island we have to explore."

***


Angel: "I think we should be looking for the houses, not the contestants. Do you boys understand the mission?"
Jake: "Going door to door is wasting too much time. At least by visiting crowded places we can ask someone."


Jake: "It's him."


Damien: "Shouldn't have eaten their tapenades..."


Neville: "You look lost. Are you new around here?"
Angel: "I'm looking for someone. Anyone."
Neville: "Well...do I count? I can show you the town. I know this great hideaway food shack. It's awesome. They use crates as seats and serve food in boxes used to transport fish."
Angel: "Sounds great. I'll pass."


Jake: "I found him. Much earlier than I hoped."


Justin: "That's all for today, folks. Thanks for your tips..."


Justin: "Son?"


Wayne: "That's awkward. You have a son, Justin?"


Justin: "Er...I have to go."


Jake: "Justin Huez, you're not going anywhere!"


Jake: "What do you think you're doing? Dropping everything just to look for that woman? Including me?"


Jake: "Stop being such a clingy wimp."
Justin: "How can you talk to your father and mother like that?"


Jake: "Father? Mother? Have you two ever played the part? One's obsessed with getting buff while the other's obsessed with beauty."
Justin: "At least I'm fit and healthy, instead of spending all day glued to a computer."
Jake: "Listen to yourself. It's all about you and what you want. Your life, your lover. For God's sake, she left you! She didn't love you!"


Justin: "ENOUGH!"


Jake: "Dad, stop wasting your time on her. She's not worth it."


Justin: "Shouldn't you be in school?"


Jake: "I took the holidays to come. Unlike you, I'm actually responsible enough to not ditch everything for a woman."


Justin: "It's been that long?"
Jake: "MONTHS, Dad. You were gone for months. Without a single call back. It's like I didn't exist."


Justin: "I haven't been a good dad, have I?"


Jake: "Just come home, Dad."
Justin: "...I can't. I know she's living here somewhere. And you still have the Smole to go on."
Jake: "I can quit."
Justin: "You said you were responsible earlier."

***


Sylvester: "Houseboat...of course. Not everyone lives on land."
Ethan: "I see a houseboat there. And sails! They're getting away!"


Hazel: "I'll go check that one further away!"
Sylvester: "No, we need a plan and have to stick together. Wait!"

***


David: "Purple house. This should be right. Hello, anybody home?"


David: "Score! You're that Asian guy."
Chung-Hee: "Who are you? Why are there cameras? Why is it not on me? I am the most interesting and need to be shot."
David: "Say...could I borrow your toilet?"
Chung-Hee: "Over there."


Chung-Hee: "Who are you?"
Brett: "I lost my clothes and my money. Good thing I always wear swimming trunks underneath."


Brett: "Chaos. David just jumped straight ahead and left Sebastian and I...me...behind. I took what the driver claimed was an Uber only to realize he wanted all my money...and my clothes for some reason. I had to swim the rest of the journey. And I don't know where Sebastian was."

***

Time is up. They surprisingly managed to identify where each ex-contestant lived correctly, thus earning the full 120/120 points. The Mole must be giving them mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!