Thursday 3 August 2017

33.11-Vamp tramps

Previously, four contestants had to race to the finish line on horse to get an exemption. Along the way were questions which when answered correctly took 5 points away from the pot, but only Vlad and Tanya were aware of that and had to tell the racers. 70 points were lost, bringing the pot down to 290/660 points. Justin was voted as most suspicious and could not take part in the mission but had a chance to steal the exemption from Wayne, which he failed. In the end, Lena was the one to be executed next. Who will follow after her? Who is the Mole?

***


Wayne: "I can't believe that Uma and Lena are out. This season's Mole must be so good he...or she fooled the strongest two players. I hope I won't be next."


Tanya: "I'm tired of everyone acting suspicious. I think from now on I'll publicly call out and shame whoever tries to sabotage so that they'll stop."


Wayne: "I won the exemption. Ha! Werewolves 1, vamp tramps 0."
Vlad: "Whatever. If I rode I could've won too."
Wayne: "Sure, keep telling yourself that."

***


For the next mission, contestants have to pick one of the following objects.


They are not aware of what they have to do but they can guess.


Zoe: "Finally a mission where I can put my artistic skills to good use. I'm going for this one."


Tanya: "Another horse? I'm not sure which one I want to pick."


Wayne: "Hey it's my winning horse! He definitely belongs to the winning rider."


Tanya: "I guess I'll clean the dishes or something."


Justin: "I did something similar in the first mission. Maybe I can try this."


Vlad: "Nancy, it looks like it's you and me with the newspaper and laptop."


For this mission, whether points are earned or not depends on Wayne. The others have to complete tasks, worth 20, 40, 60 and 80 points. When completed, they would get a carrot which they have to give to the horse when Wayne arrives with it for the points to be earned. They can decide the route Wayne takes and in consequence which task is worth 80 points, which is worth 60 and so on.


However, Wayne must reach the equestrian centre within one hour for any points earned to count. This is worth 200 points in total.


Nancy: "Interesting that Wayne chose to go for the position of power and control."


Wayne: "Nancy mumbled how it was interesting that I took the horse. How was I supposed to know what it would mean? But I'll show her that I can do this."

***


The contestants have decided that Wayne's first stop will be at the parlour where Zoe is. For 80 points, she must replicate the picture in front of her by memory.


After that, Wayne will visit the restaurant. Tanya must eat crepes but she has to eat whatever food the first patron she bumps into is holding whenever she enters. Her task is worth 60 points.


The third task worth 40 points goes to Vlad and Nancy. Vlad must read out a news article to Nancy who must type everything out word for word and reproduce the exact same article.


The last task is worth 20 points and will be earned if Justin is able to sculpt a sculpture before Wayne arrives.

***


Nancy: "Alright Vlad. Read everything to me, including punctuation."


Vlad: "Here I go. Last Saturday, The Incredible Hulk returned to theatres in Appaloosa Plains..."
Nancy: "How do you spell Appaloosa?"


Justin: "I've never sculpted in my life but I worked with chisels before so hopefully I can produce something."


Zoe: "He was wearing a shirt with blue stripes that were very straight..."


Zoe: "I started off with a sketch because I only had one chance and if I started adding colours it would be too late to change anything if I made an error, especially since I don't know how detailed I need to be. I don't appreciate the memory part of my challenge though."


Tanya: "Here I go. I just need to bump into someone who's ordering crepes."


Vlad is off to the parlour.


The parlour is within sight. Can Zoe finish in time?

***


Tanya: "I can't believe my luck."


Tanya: "I should have been the first probably."


Tanya: "I had a plan which was to only bump into those who had crepes in their hands. And it just so happened that the first patron I bumped into had exactly that. He was so kind as to let me have his crepes. Maybe I should have been the first."


Zoe: "There were a few buttons here..."


Wayne has arrived.


Wayne: "Zoe's not done yet. She was being overconfident in her abilities."


Wayne: "We'll wait a little while Freebird. But I can only spare another few more minutes or so or I won't make it to the end in time."


Zoe: "What else was there...maybe I should get started on the facial features."

***


Vlad: "Similar to its 2003 in numbers predecessor, comma, the film garnered mixed reception, period."
Nancy: "Stop. You meant that 2003 was in numbers right? It's not actually part of the article?"


Vlad: "Yes."
Nancy: "Okay, continue."

***


Wayne: "I can't stay for much longer. She's not going to be done any time soon. I'm watching you, Zoe."


Tanya: "This is a lot."


Tanya: "I shouldn't slurp it down. I don't want indigestion."


Tanya: "Done. Now give me my carrot."


Tanya: "Just in time too."


Wayne: "Good job, Tanya."


Tanya: "I should have gone first."
Wayne: "You really should stop belittling yourself. Zoe barely begun."
Tanya: "What?"


Tanya: "Anyway, here you go..."


Tanya: "Hey, you're not so bad after all."

***


Justin: "It's not going too badly. I'm surprised."


Wayne: "Time to visit the library across the street."


Vlad: "Do you want the name of the reporter?'
Nancy: "Yes, just give me."


Vlad: "Okay. Reported by Oriole Bird. That's O-R-I-O-L-E. Period."
Wayne: "Hello guys. Are you done?"
Nancy: "And done! Is it correct?"
"Yes. Here is your carrot."


Nancy: "We did it."


Freebird: "Neigh!"
Nancy: "Be a little patient, horse."


Nancy: "Here you go."


Nancy: "Ew. Horse slobber."
Wayne: "Just one more stop."


Wayne has 30 minutes left. Can he make it in time?

***


Justin: "It's not very intricate but it suffices right?"
"Here is your carrot."
Justin: "Yes!"


Wayne: "Let's hope Justin has enough time."


Wayne: "Let me get off my high horse first."
Justin: "You look pretty pathetic like that."


Justin: "Right. Here you go. Now run like the wind."


Wayne: "Come on Freebird! Be free as a bird!"


Wayne: "We're almost there."


Wayne: "And we crossed the finish line! Did I make it?"
"You finished with 7 minutes to spare, so you've earned 120/200 points, making the pot 410/860 points. Congratulations."

The pot's growing but can it pass the halfway mark now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!