Tuesday 29 August 2017

34.03-Holier than thou


Last time on the Smole, 12 contestants had to meet up at a certain point which Felix the spy was unaware of. The group failed to identify Felix as the spy, allowing him to make it to the meeting point undetected, hence 0/100 points were earned and Felix was exempt. Rose Flowerina was the first one to be executed as a result. Who will be next? Who are the Moles?

***


Janice: "This is not good at all, from a strategic point of view. I hoped to be able to use one of the Flowerina sisters to be my eye to watch on the other. Now Lily sleeps alone. That's not happening on my watch. I'm gonna pester her every night to make sure she doesn't get a chance to discuss anything with producers if she's the Mole."


Janice: "Yes, your big...barf...bulky...barf...nose is so appealing, blegh."
Darren: "Is that how Westerners show sincerity? By saying things like 'barf'?"


Janice: "Oh, totally. So I hope we have a deal."
Gladys: "For crying out loud, Mr. Yap is an idiot."


Gladys: "And such a flirt."


Gladys: "Good day, Ms. Ilien."
Janice: "The day's not good at all, but I'm not supposed to say that, am I?"
Darren: "Oh, Gladys...I can explain."


Gladys: "I discovered that Mr. Yap and Ms. Ilien have a secret coalition. But I'm not even mad. Mr. Yap is so easy to manipulate. I can use him for more information. I trust Ms. Ilien will provide valuable intel."


Maggie: "Oh, it looks like I have a love rival. But only one will prevail. She won't win. Not on my noodles."


Kairel: "How's this?"
Lily: "Hee hee."


Kairel: "I hope you're cheered up now."
Lily: "Thank you, Kairel. I really am."

***


For the next mission, contestants will be visiting this hall. They will each get five minutes to try and convince the 1380-strong audience as to why they are the Mole. Later, each audience member will vote on who they believe the Mole is. The one with the least votes will get an exemption. If the one with the most votes is a Mole, another 100 points will go down the drain. Otherwise, the group earns 100 points.


Lewis is first. Note that the speeches shown are abridged versions.
Lewis: "Just be persuasive."


Lewis: "Good day everyone."


Lewis: "Okay, time to turn this thing on."


Lewis: "Now, all of you should pick me as the Mole. Why? Because I say so."


Lewis: "I'm a Stewart. You know what the Stewarts are famous for. You remember Angel Stewart? She was a Mole. It's in our blood to be Moles, to deceive and do the shady work."


Lewis: "You may think that the chances of two Stewarts being the Mole is low, but that is exactly what producers want you to think."


"Your time is up."
Lewis: "Thank you everyone, and vote for Lewis Stewart."


Lewis: "I feel so icky saying what I said, but if it is able to keep the points in, then it'll hopefully be worth it."


Kairel: "While one of us was on stage giving a speech, the rest of us were in a room watching. I was second so I didn't really prepare or rehearse much. I thought I'd just go there and wing it but when I saw the crowd my jewels shrank a little, ha. But it's all good."


"Next, we have Kairel St. James."
Kairel: "Woo! Love the energy in this room!"


Kairel: "Okay, time to relax a little."


Kairel: "Hello everyone! How are you feeling today? Good? I hope so. What do they call you anyway? Starlight Shorians? SSians? The peeps from the shiny city? I dunno. And it's funny, because I'm one of you guys."


Kairel: "Anyway, wanna hear a joke? I submitted 10 puns to a joke contest hoping that one would win, but sadly no pun in ten did. Oh, I can hear all the groans coming. Come on now, I know you all love a good pun."


Lily: "What is Kairel doing? Does he not understand the mission?"
Gladys: "On the contrary, I think he understands it perfectly."


Gladys: "He's definitely making himself memorable."


Kairel: "I'm not going to try and sway you or anything, but I trust you all know what the Smole is about. I mean, you've had winners from this place! How cool is that? So could this fun little guy be the Mole? It's up to you to decide."

***


James: "A very good afternoon to all distinguished guests. Before I begin, I trust that all of you know how the Smole works. If you do not, please leave."


James: "Hmm...I wish I could get first impressions, but never mind that."


James: "There are always certain things that point you to a certain direction. Take my clothes for instance. It's deliberate. It's black and white but when blended becomes grey...murky, like the Mole."


James: "Can you keep a secret? Between you and me, I know a little bit more than everyone else."


James: "And let me share with you the twist this season. There are 2 Moles and I have to find one of them. I put down Janice's name but apparently that's incorrect. Make what you will of it."


James: "This seems so counter-intuitive but without divulging too much, my activity wasn't very high in the first mission. I am a lawyer, and yet I couldn't twist my tongue around enough to craft the perfect message to lure the spy out."


James: "Maybe a cat caught my tongue. Or maybe I didn't want the spy to be lured out. After all, I knew who he was and where to go."


James: "I trust you will make a wise decision and put down the right Mole. I just hope this has been an informative session that will enlighten you."

***

Janice: "Yo Starlight Shores!"


Janice: "I'm not going to yak around. There are scums to be found!"


Janice: "And I will tell you this: you all better pick me."


Janice: "I know the secrets of this land. I wield all the power over you. So vote for me unless you want to air dirty linen."


Janice: "What you all gonna do about that? That's what I thought."


Janice: "Remember this face. Remember this name. Janice Ilien is the Mole. Only delusional citizens fail to see it when it is smacked right in your head."


"Time is up."
Janice: "Like, whatever. See you later, gators."


Darren: "The way she talks is so sexy and charming."
Lily: "Hmm, what else can I add to my speech to convince them..."


It is now Gladys's turn.


Gladys: "A good day to the citizens of Starlight Shores, and more. I am Gladys Delmeer-Gomez and I am pleased to serve you."


Gladys: "Everyone who has been up here so far has been lying. Rotten liars. I don't believe they are the Mole. Trust me. I have good judgement and foresight. I know who are the black sheep of the council, and it's not them."


Gladys: "But it is not me either. No, I am holier than thou. I am pure and sincere. I do not want to waste your time by adding me into the list of consideration."


Gladys: "I will not engage in deplorable acts like sabotage. I have yet to sabotage. I am here to serve my duty, as a Mole catcher."


Gladys: "I have a great education and job, and I hope to be able to give back to society and help all of my citizens in South Africa to achieve the same. You can ask them. I am bringing everyone to greater heights. I entrust all of you to vote wisely after knowing more about me and my contributions."
"Your time is up, Gladys."

***


Darren: "Hello my pengyous."


Darren: "How to on this?"


Daren: "Wa!"


Darren: "That is very loud."


Darren: "Can you hear me? I am the Mole."


Darren: "Or maybe I am not. But I think either all vote me or no."

***


Maggie: "I shall stand by the yellow light."


Maggie: "Oi! Don't change. Now everybody listen up!"


Maggie: "Do you know Mr. Noodles? He is my good friend."


Maggie: "If you vote for me as the Mole, I will give you my precious noodles. That is a privilege!"


Maggie: "I can do many things. Secret things behind your back. One day you will find your money missing under your nose."


Maggie: "You all have good noodles in your brain. Use it."


Maggie: "You may think I'm crazy but I'm just a genius. I know how to leverage. I can recite all the laws of thermodynamics and the first 30 digits of pi. Can you?"


Maggie: "I know what is in your noodles: how is any of this important? Well, I can't say. Not now, anyway."


"Your time is up."
Maggie: "Before I go, I want to say I can surprise you. So give me your vote of confidence. Toodles!"


Darren: "My heart skipped at certain parts."
Kairel: "I'm tempted to vote for her. But boy, is she obsessed with noodles."

***

Lily: "Ahem. Hello everybody. I am Lily Flowerina."


Lily: "My sister was claimed as the first victim. My first victim."


Lily: "She trusted me. And she's gone. What does that say?"


Lily: "Excuse me, can guests please get off the stage? I don't think you're allowed to enter."


"Your time is up."
Lily: "I keep a low profile, as Moles should. I have nothing more to say. Thank you."

***


Felix: "Uh...hi."


Felix: "Alright, this is the on button, right?"


Felix: "I want to share a story with you. I was once married to this lovely lady called Abby. She was my goddess. She was so perfect."


Felix: "But an accident took her away from me. Tell me, is it unfair?"


Felix: "Why must this world be so cruel to us all? To take the good and leave only the bad?"


Felix: "I will never forget you, Abby. Even if you're not watching, I'll do my best. I won't disappoint."


"Felix, your time is up."
Felix: "How I miss you so much, Abby..."


Lily: "How touching."
Janice: "Interesting, but he completely missed the point of this mission."
Gladys: "I think he wants to get pity votes with his sob story."


Maggie: "Idiot. Brainless. Why couldn't he use his noodles?"
Darren: "I am very touched."
Gabriel: "Maybe he wants to get that exemption."


"It is time to welcome our next contender, Gabriel Ruen."
Gabriel: "Wish me luck."
Wanda: "Break a leg."


Gabriel: "Hello."


Gabriel: "OW!"


Gabriel: "That feedback..."


Gabriel: "So..."


Gabriel: "Don't pick me as the Mole. I am not it."


Gabriel: "There are eleven of us. What are the chances of me being a Mole? Very low."


Gabriel: "Maybe I should share a bit about myself like Felix did. I am Gabriel Ruen. I was born in Vietnam but moved away from the age of 10."


Gabriel: "I am not highly educated but I hope to pursue education. I believe it is the key to success."


Gabriel: "I also take boxing lessons and exercise regularly. See my muscles?"


Gabriel: "It looks like it is time to leave. Goodbye."

***


Wanda: "Good day. I am Wanda Ball. I'm a princess from birth."


Wanda: "I love nature and am an activist. I like simple things in life."


Wanda: "I am also your last speaker. How many of you remember the previous speakers? Not many, I believe. So good for me."


Wanda: "But you will definitely remember the last."


Wanda: "I will tell you why you should vote for me. Because I don't look the part."


Wanda: "Do you suspect me? No? Precisely my point. I'm a princess. Nobody can envision a princess being the Mole. That would be controversial."


Wanda: "But that is exactly the kind of drama producers want. I'm not playing all my cards too early but I can tell you my future plans involve more active sabotage."


"Your time is up."
Wanda: "Thank you and remember to vote for me, Wanda Ball!"

***


"Contestants, you have all given your speeches. The audience has cast their votes. The one with the least votes of 23 and hence the winner of the exemption is..."














































































"Gabriel Ruen!"
Gabriel: "Huh? Me? I am surprised."


"Now, the one the majority views to be the Mole is..."
Wanda: "I hope it's me."
Lewis: "I hope it's me. I was the first to go. I hope I made a big enough impact."
Janice: "They know who it is based on tone."


Kairel: "It would be awesome to get validation."
Maggie: "I promised freebies. That should entice them."
"The audience-voted Mole is..."





































































"Felix Kuchappe!"
Felix: "Me? Are you kidding me?"


Darren: "Good job."
Kairel: "Indeed. I think they thought you were the Mole because you were so evasive about it."


"The question is whether Felix is really the Mole. If so, you earn nothing. But for now, we shall leave the pot at 100/200 until there is confirmation."
Lewis: "That's fine."
Gladys: "I don't believe he's the Mole."
James: "It doesn't matter to me either way."

***

Here are the votes:
Gabriel-23
Lewis-25
Darren-34
Gladys-56
Wanda-89
James-120
Janice-133
Maggie-201
Lily-206
Kairel-234
Felix-259

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!