Sunday 20 August 2017

33.19-Ouch.


Previously on the Smole, Tanya had to try to protect her exemption by hitting the others with paint in hopes of getting the one with her exemption out. She only managed to hit Vlad who fortunately for her had the exemption, so 200/200 points were earned, making the pot 890/1400 points. It was a tense final execution but Nancy narrowly lost out on her spot. With only three left, who will win, who will not and who is the Mole?

***

As the finale approaches, some clean up...


...some clean themselves...


...and some get dirty.

***


Tanya: "I still can't believe it. I'm actually here, in the finale. It's something I never dared to dream of when I first joined, especially not after my failed two seasons. If I can actually win, then Rory and I won't need to work any more. I bet he's praying that I win so that he doesn't have to look for work, haha. I'll make you proud, Rory."


Vlad: "I'm still here so that means I'm on the right Mole."


Vlad: "That means I'm going to win."


Wayne: "We'll see about that. This season will determine once and for all who's better. You know, for fun."

***


"Congratulations on making it. Today it's time for your last mission. The last chance to earn points and the last chance for the Mole to sabotage. Who's the most inquisitive?"


Vlad: "I won't really say that I'm that inquisitive. How about you, Wayne?"


Wayne: "Naw, not me."


Wayne: "Shall we give it to Tanya?"
Tanya: "Me? I wouldn't say so."
Vlad: "I'm all for Tanya. I guess that's a majority."


"Tanya will be in charge of earning the points this mission."
Tanya: "Oh not again."
"Vlad and Wayne will be a truth-teller and a liar, in no particular order. They will be put into different rooms. Tanya, your job is to ask one question to determine in which room the points lie. This is worth 100 points but Vlad and Wayne can discuss among themselves to buy another question for Tanya for 50 points, meaning to say that if they buy an additional question, Tanya can only earn 50 points this mission. You have 10 minutes. Good luck."

***



"Tanya, your 10 minutes begins now."


Tanya: "What question should I think of?"


Meanwhile, Vlad and Wayne can discuss whether or not to buy an additionial question for Tanya.


Vlad: "Hello, Wayne?"


Vlad: "I think we should buy a question."
Wayne: "You crazy?"


Vlad: "Tanya isn't all that smart to be honest. She's going to need another question."


Wayne: "But that means losing half the points. Stop Moleing, Vlad."
Vlad: "Me? You're the one secretly hoping Tanya will lose, am I right? Listen to me. 50 points is better than none."


Tanya: "Should I enter this door?"


Tanya: "Or this one?"


Wayne and Vlad have ultimately decided to risk it and not buy a question.


Vlad: "I suppose 50 points isn't a lot anyway. If I can get 100 points then I should go for it."


Wayne: "I believe in that gurl. She's gonna surprise us all and win this. All or nothing, man."


Tanya: "Hmm...I can't think of the right question."


"5 minutes left."
Tanya: "What? So fast?"


Tanya: "They sent the wrong finalist for the job."


Tanya: "Are you a liar? Yes, that's it."


Tanya: "Wait, but both will say no. And that doesn't help me locate the points."


Tanya: "Think...if only Nancy was here."


Tanya: "Alright, I think I have a question. I hope it works. I still need time to find the points."


Tanya: "I hope this is the truth-teller's room."


Vlad: "You picked the right room."
Tanya: "I hope so."


Tanya: "Is the points in this room?"


Vlad: "Yes."


Tanya: "If there's something I learned, it's not to be too trusting. Sorry Vlad, but I don't trust you."
Vlad: "Ouch."


"One minute left."
Tanya: "Do I have another question?"
"No. The other two decided not to give you one."


Tanya: "I hope this is the right room."


Tanya: "Come on now."


Tanya: "Is it in here?"


Tanya: "Yes! I can't believe it!"
Wayne: "Whu...good job, Tanya. You're smarter than you seem."


"Congratulations. 100/100 points have been earned, making the pot 990/1500 points. Wayne was a truth-teller and Vlad was the liar. The correct question to ask would have been: Which room would the other finalist say the points are in? This way, it doesn't matter whether they're telling the truth or not. You'll always get the wrong answer. Vlad will lie and say that Wayne would say that the points are in Vlad's room. Wayne knows Vlad will lie and say the points are in Vlad's room. Thus the points must be in the other room."
Tanya: "I didn't think it that way but I'm just happy I got the points."


Vlad: "This was a tense mission because you're just sitting there not sure of what Tanya will do. I know the answer, or question in this case, has to do with the other guy but I couldn't figure it out. If I knew the others would give me another question I would spend one asking things like where the sun sets or whether they spent points on another question."

The pot has been finalised. Now all that's left is the final quiz and the reveal. The finale will be coming right up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!