Wednesday 25 October 2017

35.13-A blind rat can see that


Last episode,


Ryenn: "Let me help you, Monique. I always wanted to help my mom do the chores but she never allowed me."


Hykel: "I have no idea what I'm doing right now."

***


Hykel: "Maybe one day if I can't take her s*** any more I'll start shouting and scolding her."
Douglas: "Did you just cuss?"
Hykel: "Uh, yeah? Got a problem with that? Just because I'm religious doesn't mean I don't swear. I swear my allegiance to Allah every day."

***


Ryenn: "I'm so grateful to be able to stand on my two feet again and enjoy the snow."


Ryenn: "It just feels so new and funny to be able to trudge around in the snow like this."

***


Ryenn: "It's getting quite cold in here."

***


Sylvia: "You're being too controlling of Morris. He is an adult. Let him explore the world on his own. There is no need to mollycoddle him."
Monique: "I don't need you to lecture me. He needs to devote his time and energy on doing well."


Courtney: "Woo! Gotta know how to have some fun to keep the stress levels down. Don't know why everyone's getting so serious."

***


Douglas: "I'll do anything you want. I'll listen to you. I'll be a good boy, I promise."
Monique: "Get your hands off me."

***


Ryenn: "I keep telling myself not to think about that night but it just keeps coming back to haunt me. I wish my parents were around. But how do I face them and tell them I was raped? I was semi-conscious and didn't know what I was doing...he took advantage of me."

***


Monique: "Give me that."
Courtney: "No, give me."
Monique: "Give it to me. You'll just play with it."
Courtney: "No I won't. Give it to me!"

***


Douglas: "I can't do this."

***


Morris: "We're gonna die, aren't we?"
Hykel: "Shut up or I'll stuff this in your mouth."
Courtney: "I'll do it!"

***


Hykel: "I am not your dad. I am Hykel. Nobody's possessed me, so relax."
Douglas: "You...you're not Dad? Are you sure?"


Hykel: "Very sure. Now listen up, young man. I don't know what has happened to you in the past but all I know that you are strong enough to stand here facing me today. You survived all that. You don't have to give in to those demons. You're taller than me for goodness sake. You don't have to be so scared of me."

***

Courtney: "I don't think I was the lousiest. I think it was because of the three exemptions. It's just as well that I live this squalor anyway. Things were getting boring and no fun, particularly when there were no missions. Hasta la vista. I hope the winner and Mole is a spectacular one."


Courtney's complacenecy cost her as she became the next victim. Who is the Mole? And can the group do better to salvage the 340/800 points in the pot?

***


Hykel: "Douglas has a tragic past. We need to help him."


Hykel: "He's all alone in this game. He needs a friend."
Ryenn: "I'm fine with being his friend but why me?"


Hykel: "He's clearly into you. A blind rat can see that."
Ryenn: "What?"


Ryenn: "You're joking, right?"
Hykel: "How are you as dense as him?"


Hykel: "Do me a favour, will you? I'll fill you in on his past."


Ryenn: "Wow, that's worse than me. Okay. I will try to cheer him up."


Hykel: "I knew you were an amazing girl."
Ryenn: "Thanks."


Ryenn: "Douglas likes me? But why me? I hope he isn't using me."


Ryenn: "No, he's not Ian. But I'm not good enough for him."


Ryenn: "I'm like a used product that nobody wants any more. I don't have a right to fall in love with anyone now."


Ryenn: "Nevermind. I'll go back up."
Hykel: "Where are you going? He's right there."


Ryenn: "I can't do this...not right now, I mean. I...I need to poo."
Hykel: "Okaaaay then."

***


"For your next mission, you will be going to a studio. You will answer trivia questions in a blitz format. Each of you will have a light. If your light lights up, you have to answer the question. You can pass if you want. A correct answer will really lead to 2 points. There are 50 questions so you can earn up to 100 points. However, there is a bomb that may go off at any time. If your light is on when the bomb goes off, your points are lost. Everyone else will get to keep their points. You are allowed to spend 10 points to prevent you from being asked a question and hence avoiding the bomb for a short period of time. You can also transfer your points to an adjacent player at any point in time for free."


Hykel is at the back of the truck.


Douglas is at the back of the truck.


Douglas: "I'm never sitting at the back again. That's too scary and bumpy. You can fly off any time."


"And the time begins now."


"First question to Monique. The gram is a base unit in Physics. True or False?"


Monique: "Hmm...I wonder...ah, I remember, I think it is true."


Monique: "I was the first one to be asked a question so I dragged time on purpose since the bomb couldn't go off so early."


"Incorrect."
Monique: "What?"
"The kilogram is the base unit, not the gram."


Hykel: "You took so much time and you got it wrong. I hope subsequent players will be quicker."


Ryenn: "I thought you were smarter than that, Monique."


"Second question to Hykel. What are the three primary colours of light?"


Hykel: "Are they all going to be Physics questions? I suck at them. Erm, red, blue and yellow."


"Incorrect. It is red, blue and green."
Hykel: "Oh."


"Third question is for Ryenn. How many 's's are there in the word 'Mississippi'?"
Ryenn: "Hmm...one, two, three...I think it's four."


"Correct. 2 point for Ryenn."


"Fourth question for Douglas. Which of the following does not grow on trees: bananas, apples, grapes, coconuts, durians?"
Monique: "How come he gets a multiple choice question?"


Ryenn: "You got a 50-50 question and you chose the wrong one, Monique."


Douglas: "Er...oh man, I can't think and I definitely cannot think fast on the spot under pressure."


Douglas: "Is it the third one? I'll just take the middle one."


"Correct. 2 points for Douglas."


"Fifth question to Monique. What is an opportunity cost?"
Monique: "Easy. It is the cost of the next best alternative foregone."


"Correct. 2 points for Monique."


Douglas: "I want to transfer my points. I'm scared of being hit by a bomb."
"2 points are transferred from Douglas to Monique."


"Sixth question to Sylvia. Lindsay Lohan acted as Lizzie McGuire in the TV show Lizzie McGuire. True or false?"
Sylvia: "Oh gosh that's so old...I think so. True?"


"Incorrect. It was Hilary Duff."
Sylvia: "Oh right."


Ryenn: "I want to transfer my points."
"2 points are transferred from Ryenn to Sylvia."


"Seventh question is for Morris. Name the first three elements of the Periodic Table."
Morris: "Let's see if I still remember my mnemonic...hydrogen, helium and beryllium. No wait! Lithium is the third one."


"Correct. 2 points for Morris."

***


Fast forward and here are the current points:
Sylvia: 8 points.
Ryenn: 10 points.
Hykel: 6 points.
Monique: 14 points.
Douglas: 0 points.
Morris: 8 points.


"Question 29 for Monique. In what year was the first computer invented?"

Monique: "Pass."
"Construction began in 1943 and ended in 1946. Either of these two answers would have been accepted."


Morris: "I want to transfer my points."
"8 points are transferred from Morris to Douglas."
Douglas: "What? No, I don't want it. I don't want to risk it."


"Question 30 to Douglas. Pierre Oak's parents are named Pedro and Sally. True or false?"


Douglas: "I don't know this. I should have gotten to know him better. I'll just go with true. Hopefully I'm right."


"Correct. 2 points to Douglas."
Douglas: "Oh that was lucky."


Ryenn: "Question 31 for Ryenn. What was the name of the 'unsinkable ship'?"
Ryenn: "Titanic, duh."


"Correct. 2 points for Ryenn."


Sylvia: "I want to transfer my points. It's been a while."
"8 points are transferred from Sylvia to Morris."


"Question 32 to Morris. In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Romeo's friends are called Mercutio and Benedictus. True or False?"
Morris: "True."


"Incorrect. Their names are Mercutio and Benvolio."
Morris: "Oops. I could have sworn it was Benedictus."


"Question 33 to Ryenn. What are the twelve zodiacs, otherwise known as horoscopes?"
Ryenn: "Wait, I know a few. Let me think. Aquarius, Pisces, Taurus...there's Virgo and Gemini...Sagirus and Leo too...oh, Libra! What else? I can't remember them. Pass."


"They are: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces."


"Question 34 to Sylvia. What is the national flower of Kyrgyzstan?"
Sylvia: "Kir what? I have never heard of that place."


"Time is up."
Sylvia: "Aah!"


Sylvia: "Why is it not steam?"


Sylvia: "A warning would have been nice."


Ryenn: "Oh my god I was just before her. I am so lucky."


Hykel: "Yikes. That was intense. I'm so glad it's over."


Ryenn: "Sorry to you, Sylvia."


Sylvia: "Is it over yet?"


"That is the end of the mission. Here are the points:
Sylvia: 0 points
Ryenn: 12 points
Hykel: 6 points
Monique: 14 points
Douglas: 10 points
Morris: 8 points.
Fortunately Sylvia had transferred her points away, so 50/100 points have been earned, making the pot 390/900 points."


Douglas: "I was so scared. I wanted to transfer my points away because they were quite a lot but nobody noticed me."

***

Next episode, 


Douglas: "It was luck and Morris transferred 8 points to me. So it's not my work."
Ryenn: "So humble. I want you to know that you are always welcome and loved here, okay?"

***


Monique: "Why are you looking at me like that?"


Morris: "I had been thinking about this long and hard."


Monique: "Stay back."


Morris: "No. I need you to know how I feel."

***


"And then there were six. And soon, there'll be five. Who will be executed next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!