Thursday 12 September 2019

47.04-Killing baby Hitler


In the previous episode, the contestants had to collect ingredients to make pizza. They were paired up and had to collect specific ingredients without bumping into anyone. They managed to so, reaping the full 100/100 points to make the pot 214/320 points. Nobody managed to pick from the lime tree to get an exemption so anyone could be going home. Who will it be?

***



Jasmine: "We got points, so yay and all, but I had to actually pull mushrooms from dirt. Do you know how many nails were ruined that day? And I can't go to a nail salon. I'm an A-lister, the most famous in Zimmaport. I have servants to garden for me. Ugh, whatever. I'll just pretend I'm acting."

***


Monique: "I asked around. Nobody managed to harvest the limes. Nobody got an exemption. Which means that it was still out there. I made Derek tell me what was in every tree. He didn't mention lime a single time."

***


Henrietta: "Melvin and I share a room so of course I began to form a secret coalition with him. It's always good to have more information and to get a feel of where their head is at, or if they're the Mole. I have so much experience working with all kinds, so I'm sure I can get what I need. My career has been stagnating but I have to admit that it's taught me a lot of useful skills."

***

Henrietta: "How was Matty?"
Melvin: "He was actually fine. He did stop to rest because I kept sending him everywhere to avoid everyone else."


Henrietta: "I heard he scolded you for being disorganised."
Melvin: "He was right."


Henrietta: "So you don't think he's the Mole?"
Melvin: "No...why do I get the feeling like I'm being interrogated?"


Henrietta: "Occupational thing. Anyway, who do you think it is?"

Melvin: "I haven't had much idea...who do you think it is?"


Henrietta: "I'm in the same boat as you. I suspect over half the group. Everyone has done suspicious things. Maybe it's a side effect of being so detached from the Smole. I was in the very first season for crying out loud."


Melvin: "I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out eventually."

*
*
*



Venus: "Hey hot stuff."


Derek: "Me?"


Venus: "Don't put yourself down. If you got it, flaunt it. I saw your season. You've got huge balls to woohoo with a girl you met on TV. In fact, everything about you is big."


Derek: "You should know I have a girlfriend."


Venus: "Is it that girl you screwed on TV?"
Derek: "Her name is Dawn."


Venus: "Rhymes with yawn. She's not for you. Besides, she'll never know if you have a little fun outside."


Derek: "Are you crazy? We're being filmed."
Venus: "But she's not here now. By the time she sees it we won't see each other again, and she'll forget the next day and it will all blow over."


Derek: "I can't do that to her. Please look for someone else."

*
*
*


Melvin: "If I could use my time machine I would go back in time and try a different route so that I could see how differently everyone reacts."


Reynard: "No way! You're the inventor of the time machine?"


Melvin: "Yeah. It's nothing too fantastic. It can only go forth and back in a short time, so no going back to the past and killing baby Hitler."


Reynard: "Wicked. You've got to let me try one for free someday."


Melvin: "Sure. There's a small caveat though. Your memories are largely retained but there's still a chance you will forget some things. We can't control which but we are working to fine-tune it."


Reynard: "What happened to your happy bubble?"


Melvin: "We worked hard with engineers with it but acceptance test failed. I don't know why everyone was scared of just leaving everything behind when they will be guaranteed true happiness and utopia."


Reynard: "Well, we don't know that. They can't leave, right?"


Melvin: "Yeah...I don't know why anyone would want to but it seems that's how it is. Nobody dared to shut the door."


Reynard: "You can't just expect everyone to up and leave. They can't just throw away everything they love. That's pretty selfish. You don't have a family, do you? Otherwise you would have realised leaving them behind is heartless. They'll never get to see you again while you just enjoy yourself."


Melvin: "I have my mom and dad. They're still around. I planned on letting each of them have their own pod first before I enter. But that's how we came to the idea of the time machine. So that we are still grounded in reality but have the power to change it. We can go back in time and fix our mistakes."


Reynard: "Not me."


Melvin: "You don't have to lie. Everyone has made a mistake. Surely there's something you would want to change given the chance."

***


Reynard: "I was speaking to Melvin and I found out he was the creator of the time machine. Only a few have been made but they're ridiculously expensive. I actually wanted to buy one but Casey thought I was wasting money. I came to the Smole to blow off steam and get away from her after a big fight but if Melvin can get me a slot I can go back and never make her upset. I'll be the perfect husband and we would have a happy family."

***



Matty: "Oh, Where's Bella! I love that book. It's a best-seller. I bought it when it first came out. It was so awesome. I was raving about it to all my friends. Or ex-friends. It's their loss. They were too sensitive."


Matty: "Who's your favourite author?"


Stephanie: "...You'll find out anyway, so I might as well tell you. It's Enid Blyton."


Matty: "Oh, so you aren't a woman of depth."


Stephanie: "You don't know me."


Stephanie: "Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. She was my favourite author growing up and after going through the Smole I finally acted on my dreams and wrote a book."


Matty: "What's it called?"


Stephanie: "It's not out yet. I haven't had much luck finding publishers."
Matty: "That means it sucks. It was probably amateurish."
Stephanie: "No! It's because..."


Stephanie: "Nevermind."

***

Stephanie: "I never thought I would be crazy enough to take part in something as daring as the Smole but I did. If I could go through that, writing a book would be nothing. And it was nothing; publishing it is the hard part. I tried with a few publishers but they said it wasn't the right fit. I got discouraged and couldn't muster the courage to be persistent to find more publishers. I don't know them and I don't want to come off as annoying. What if I leave a bad mark on them? What if I get blacklisted? I rather not rock the boat. For now I'll just have to shelve the idea. Maybe if I can win I can self-publish, or I gain enough confidence to start searching for someone to accept my book."

***


Sandra: "Monte Vista has left me with a good impression so far."


Jasmine: "Not for me. It's disappointing."


Sandra: "You're just saying that because you had to actually harvest things."
Jasmine: "I feel duped. But no it's not just that. The whole place is so old."


Sandra: "It's full of history. It has a nice, slow change of pace. Like, really slow. Slower than Barnacle Bay last season. Maybe a little too slow..."


Monique: "The place we're in doesn't matter. I had to live in a cramped house on stilts with 11 other contestants once. The main focus is the game and finding the Mole."


Jasmine: "You're so uptight. Have you worked as a bouncer or bodyguard or something?"


Monique: "As a matter of fact, I was pretty much my previous client's bodyguard."


Jasmine: "What happened to him? He died?"
Sandra: "Jasmine!"


Monique: "No, I let him be managed by someone else. He didn't know how to respect boundaries. The new artiste I'm working with knows how to keep things professional."


Sandra: "You have to know how to have fun sometimes. It'll be very stressful. Last season there was someone like you who only knew how to work and played extremely hard...she ended up being the Mole."


Monique: "No comment."

*
*
*


Venus: "The rain finally stopped. I've been dying to get into the pool."
Reynard: "I mean, if you're going to get wet anyway, does the weather really matter?"


Reynard: "Let's play a game!"
Venus: "Hey!"


Venus: "That's so childish of you."
Reynard: "You're just saying that 'cause you can't make a bigger splash."


Venus: "Oh yeah? I'll show you."
Reynard: "Aah!"


Reynard: "Let's have a contest. See who can hold their breath the longest?"
Venus: "You're on."


Venus: "Gasp!"


Venus: "Darn it."


Venus: "Well at least he'll feel good about himself."


Reynard: "Yes! I win!"
Venus: "So is there a punishment?"
Reynard: "Punishment?"


Reynard: "I'll think of it."

***


Venus: "I know how to make a man feel good about himself. You've got to stroke his ego and make him feel strong and mighty. That's how you get to his heart. Not that I want Reynard's heart. I don't date just anybody, you know. And he's already taken."

***



Derek: "Are you good at chess?"
Henrietta: "I've won many tournaments in my time."

Derek: "Do you think you can teach me how to play chess like a pro?"


Henrietta: "I could but I don't do things for free."


Derek: "What do you want?"


Henrietta: "You form a secret coalition with me."


Derek: "A secret coalition? I'm not sure."


Henrietta: "Are you hiding something?"


Derek: "What? Of course not. I just wanted to depend on myself this season. You know, nab the Mole without anyone's help."


Henrietta: "How hopelessly naive."


Henrietta: "But if you don't want to learn from the master then it's your loss, not mine."




Derek: "Wait! I...I'll do it. I'll keep a secret coalition with you."


Henrietta: "That's what I like to hear."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: How old was the Mole in his/her debut season?
A: 27
B: 29
C: 30
D: 32
E: 33
F: 35
G: 36
H: 40
I: 46



Q3: What was the Mole's debut season?
A: Season 1
B: Season 4
C: Season 14
D: Season 16
E: Season 26
F: Season 31
G: Season 35
H: Season 36
I: Season 39
J: Season 46


Q4: In Mission 2, which group was the Mole a part of?
A: Big Picture Group
B: Eyes For Nobody Group


Q5: In Mission 2, who was the Mole's partner?
A: Henrietta Hitchcock
B: Melvin Willis
C: Stephanie Ball
D: Derek Zora
E: Reynard Connors
F: Venus Ixora
G: Monique Plaita
H: Jasmine Risotto
I: Sandra Rius
J: Matty Crewe


Q6: In Mission 2, what did the Mole have to find?
A: Tomato
B: Garlic
C: Onion
D: Mushroom
E: Eggplant


Q7: In which order did the Mole leave the garden in Mission 2?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th
F: The Mole was never in the garden


Q8: In Mission 2, who left the garden before the Mole?
A: Jasmine Risotto
B: Reynard Connors
C: Venus Ixora
D: Derek Zora
E: Nobody
F: The Mole was never in the garden


Q9: Who did the Mole sit opposite immediately at the end of Mission 2?
A: Henrietta Hitchcock
B: Melvin Willis
C: Stephanie Ball
D: Derek Zora
E: Reynard Connors
F: Venus Ixora
G: Monique Plaita
H: Jasmine Risotto
I: Sandra Rius
J: Matty Crewe


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Henrietta Hitchcock
B: Melvin Willis
C: Stephanie Ball
D: Derek Zora
E: Reynard Connors
F: Venus Ixora
G: Monique Plaita
H: Jasmine Risotto
I: Sandra Rius
J: Matty Crewe

***


Sandra: "This season I told myself to play less conservatively and to just go for it. The navigators did really well in ensuring that nobody saw one another so I think the Mole is in the other group. Matty tried to panic and confuse Melvin as time ticked down."

***


Matty: "We should do pen and paper quizzes. That's how quizzes were always done in school. Why do we have to use computers? And the worst part is we're still using desktops."

***


"Contestants, you already bade goodbye to Kenneth Crunch. Instead of breaking into the finale he fell backwards instead. For one of you, it won't be much better because you will be executed tonight."


"Monique Plaita."


































































































































































































































































































































"Henrietta Hitchcock."



















































































































































































































































































































































"Jasmine Risotto."



























































































































































































































































































































































"Melvin Willis."






















































































































































































































































































































































"Venus Ixora."





































































































































































































































































































































"Derek Zora."















































































































































































































































































































































































"Stephanie Ball."















































































































































































































































































































































































"Unfortunately, Stephanie Ball, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Stephanie: "It's okay. I got to experience the two things Monte Vista is best known for: soccer and pizza. I can't always make it to the end and I don't have too much hope of getting there. I'm just content to be here and to not be last. Thank you for having me here."
"Thank you for joining, Stephanie. We hope to see you again."


Sandra: "The exemption curse is back."


Stephanie has been executed. Who is the Mole that fooled the smartest contestant of the season?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!