Sunday 22 September 2019

47.09-This is so awkward


Previously on the Smole, the contestants had to pretend to be celebrities and bodyguards for the mission. 60/80 points were earned to make the pot 317/600 points. Melvin and Derek managed to outlast the other pairs to get the exemptions and Henrietta suffered as a result, being executed as fourth this time. Every execution gets harder for the contestants but one of them can take it easy. Which of them is the Mole?

***


Sandra: "I told myself to just go for it this season, both in the missions and the quizzes. I realise now that I was completely wrong because I thought it was Matty, so now I'm playing it a little more safely until I get more evidence to find the Mole. I'm quite certain it's a guy this time. I just hope I can survive long enough to find out. Even if I don't...it's been fun. My heart literally stopped when I realised I could have been going home first or second."

***


Reynard: "We did it, Derek. We beat Henrietta."
Derek: "Why are you so happy about it?"


Reynard: "Because karma bit her in the ass and sent her out the door."


Derek: "Who do you think she suspected?"


Reynard: "Who knows? She was lying to us the whole time. We can't take any of it for real. Come on, Derek. We outsmarted her."

*
*
*



The Coliseum is arguably one of the most famous structure's in Italy but Rome isn't the only place with a Coliseum. Once an arena for gladiator fights sporting events and performances, the local government preserved the architecture and converted it into a sporting venue.


Today, contestants will take part in a mission Venus will find familiar. In the centre of the Coliseum are seven chests, each marked with a contestant's name. One by one they will enter the arena with 20 balls to distribute however they want among the seven chests, with the only rule being that they have to give at least 3 chests something. Everyone with at least 15 balls at the end would add 20 points to the pot but any chest with 25 balls or more would take 20 points from the pot.


While one contestant is inside, the rest wait outside where they can't see anything. This mission is worth 140 points. The one with the most balls in the chest without going over 24 would get an exemption.


Reynard is the first to go.


Reynard: "Derek and Melvin took the exemption from me so I'm not giving them anything. Venus too."


Sandra: "How do you think he will divide the balls?"
Derek: "Knowing him, probably all for himself."


Melvin: "That's dangerous. That only leaves 4 balls as a margin. If he overshoots that chest takes points out of the pot."


Derek: "I don't think he cares at this point. He's not happy about what happened in the previous mission."


Sandra: "He can't give himself everything anyway. It's against the rules."


Monique: "We can't control how he divides it but we can work together and make sure we get the most points."


Venus: "The easiest way is to just put 8 balls in our own chests and 6 in the two adjacent chests. Nobody gets an exemption and nobody overshoots."


Sandra: "I don't think everyone will be so cooperative."
Venus: "Then what do you want us to do? Just give the exemption to someone else?"


Melvin: "I am willing to take the least. It's only fair because I had an exemption earlier."
Derek: "Then you have to give your balls to someone who you think should have it, and you have to divide it such that nobody exceeds the limit."


Jasmine: "Reynard is out. Who's next?"


Venus: "I am."


Sandra: "Reynard, how did you split the balls?"
Reynard: "I gave everyone an equal share."


Jasmine: "Really? You don't seem so generous."


Reynard: "You can choose not to believe me."


Venus: "Hearing the conversation, it's obvious that Sandra wants the exemption. I'll dump the most balls in her chest to make sure she exceeds and doesn't get it."



Monique: "Venus, what did you do?"
Venus: "I gave most of it to myself of course."


Melvin: "Most? What about the remaining?"
Venus: "I'm not telling."


Sandra: "You have to tell us Venus. We can't come to an agreement on the best method."


Venus: "It's your problem for not wanting to listen to my plan."


Derek: "I don't believe Reynard. The only one willing to give the exemption up is Melvin. Everyone else wants it. I don't know how to divide them best."



Derek: "I'll give myself some, definitely."


Derek: "Maybe here as well."

Jasmine: "I'm next."



Derek: "I split it equally among me, Reynard, Venus and Jasmine. Sorry ladies, but you two are smart enough to handle yourselves without an exemption."


Monique: "It's definitely not 20 per chest now."


Sandra: "Who's after Jasmine?"
Melvin: "I am."


Sandra: "We need to focus on what you will do."


Venus: "Are you just going to let her control you like that, Melvin?"


Monique: "Reynard, Venus, Derek, what did you put in Melvin's chest?"


Derek: "Like I said, nothing."
Reynard: "I split it equally remember?"


Derek: "You technically can't. It's not a nice number."
Reynard: "Fine. Everyone had 3 balls except for one other guy which I can't remember."


Sandra: "Come on."


Venus: "Oh Melvin, it's your turn."

***


Derek: "Venus was being a shady asshole. She refused to share what she did all because we didn't follow her plan and wanted exemptions. Reynard was also being shady. If we get all the points it would be a miracle."

***


Melvin: "I don't have proof that any of them are lying. If Reynard gave me an average of 3 balls, I would end up with 21 balls which is a little too close for comfort to 25."


Melvin: "This means I need to give fewer to myself."


Melvin: "Henrietta had someone on her mind which she reluctantly shared with me. I don't think that contestant is the Mole if Henrietta was executed, but it also means I'm in imminent danger again. Should I go for myself or the group atmosphere?"


Sandra: "Just give me a number."
Jasmine: "1."


Sandra: "Okay, got it. Oh, it's my turn."


Monique: "What did you do?"
Melvin: "I gave myself 2 balls, lower the average number. I then divided the rest equally."


Derek: "There's no point in trying, Monique. Everyone's just going for themselves. Any discussion is useless."

Melvin: "This is so awkward."


Sandra: "Jasmine told me the first number she thought of, which means she probably gave me 1 ball. I should be safe in giving myself more."


Sandra: "None of the guys are taking anything. I need to narrow my options down."


Sandra: "Monique, it's your turn."


Melvin: "What do you think she'll do?"
Reynard: "She's gonna deny me an exemption, that's what. She's a businesswoman. She is always calculating."


*
*
*



"Contestants, you have divided your balls. You can earn 10 bonus points each if you can tell me how many balls each of you obtained, plus or minus 1 ball. Reynard, let's start with you. How many balls do you think are in your chest?"


Reynard: "24."


"Venus, what about you?"
Venus: "24."


"Derek?"
Derek: "15."


"Jasmine, how many are in your chest?"
Jasmine: "22."


"Melvin, your turn."
Melvin: "13."


"Sandra, how about you?"
Sandra: "20."


"Lastly, Monique."
Monique: "16."


"It's time to reveal what you have. Please open your chests."


Reynard: "What the fuck? I have so many balls. 29 balls to be exact."


Venus: "I should have guessed 21 balls."


Derek: "11 balls...should have guessed I'm not that popular."


Jasmine: "23 balls. It's going to be hard to top that."

Melvin: "Guys, I know I said I'm okay to take the least but 6 is far off the minimum mark."


Sandra: "I have 34."


Monique: "I barely made it with 16 balls."


"Contestants, some of you are more well-liked than others. Only 3 of you fell within range, so that is 60 points added, but four of you either exceeded or missed the mark, taking off 80 points. Fortunately Jasmine and Monique are good at assessing their self-worth, so a bonus 20 points brings the mission's earnings to a grand total of 0 points."


Derek: "We're pathetic. The Mole is laughing so hard right now."


It seems to be a wasted effort for the group with 0/140 points at the end of the day to make the pot 317/740 points. A wasted effort, except for the Mole of course, and for Jasmine, who earned the exemption for being the closest to 25 balls without exceeding. Who is the Mole?


*
*
*

Summary:


REYNARD (29)

Reynard: 15
Venus: 0
Derek: 0
Jasmine: 2
Melvin: 0
Sandra: 2
Monique: 1


VENUS (21)

Reynard: 5
Venus: 6
Derek: 0
Jasmine: 0
Melvin: 0
Sandra: 9
Monique: 0

DEREK (11)

Reynard: 5
Venus: 5
Derek: 4
Jasmine: 5
Melvin: 1
Sandra: 0
Monique: 0

JASMINE (23)

Reynard: 0
Venus: 5
Derek: 2
Jasmine: 8
Melvin: 1
Sandra: 2
Monique: 2

MELVIN (6)

Reynard: 3
Venus: 4
Derek: 2
Jasmine: 3
Melvin: 2
Sandra: 3
Monique: 3

SANDRA (34)

Reynard: 0
Venus: 0
Derek: 0
Jasmine: 2
Melvin: 0
Sandra: 15
Monique: 3

MONIQUE (16)

Reynard: 1
Venus: 1
Derek: 3
Jasmine: 3
Melvin: 2
Sandra: 3
Monique: 7


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!