Friday 20 September 2019

47.08-I'm exotic


In the previous episode of the Smole, half of the contestants pretended to be celebrities (except for Jasmine who really was one) while the other half were their bodyguards. In less than 2 hours, everyone was taken out except for Derek and Melvin, so they earned exemptions. 60/100 points were added to the pot for the three fallen celebrities, making it 317/600 points. Who will be executed next? Who is the Mole?

***



Melvin: "I'm so excited. I have an exemption. I feel so much more secure knowing that I have more time to really figure out the Mole. I'm glad hiding in the bathroom paid off, otherwise I would be a goner having not seen any of the action. What I'm even happier about is how I took the first step with Derek in the mission. I was a bit worried at first, but he wasn't with me the whole time so it wasn't too bad. And he protected me from the other bodyguards. I'm no longer that scared of him."

***



Henrietta: "Sandra hid me in the pizzeria because she thought nobody would revisit it while she went off somewhere else. If she was left with no choice she would try to lure the attackers away. That didn't happen obviously."

***


Henrietta: "I think this mission was related to Monte Vista's history. I heard that Monte Vista was once a politically rife place."
Reynard: "I think all the history books will say the same thing about all the other places."


Henrietta: "Still, roaming the streets at night was once incredibly unsafe. You could get mugged or shot."
Reynard: "I mean, you still can."


Henrietta: "Are you just going to disagree with everything I say?"


Henrietta: "I didn't get an exemption either, so stop acting like a child. Move on."


Jasmine: "Shut up. I don't want to hear about how dangerous it is on the streets and how we could have gotten robbed."


Reynard: "You're not worried about getting killed first?"
Jasmine: "Would anyone dare kill me?"


Henrietta: "Does it have to do with the rumours that you kill off whoever you don't like and display their gravestones on the front lawn?"
Reynard: "That's metal...and downright insane."



Jasmine: "I can't control the rumous but what I can do is to use it to my advantage. I sound dangerous and formidable. If the murderers had any good sense they would leave me well alone. My brother will get revenge for me IF I was ever killed."

*
*
*


Sandra: "What are you looking at?"


Melvin: "A few of the houses here remind me of the ones I saw in Al Simhara."


Sandra: "Oh that's right. Your season took place there. It must have been very exciting. Are the mummies real?"


Melvin: "Some of them were."


Melvin: "You know, all this while I've been playing it safe, never daring to go too far, always seeking peace, but the memories of Season 31 were some of the best."


Sandra: "I can empathise. After my season ended I found myself at a loss. I woke up many days thinking, is that it? It's over? I have to go back to work? Luckily it was only a short while before I was brought back for another season. I don't know how any of you can survive the dry spell for so long."


Sandra: "After going through an adventure, I can't ever see myself going back to the mundane life."



Melvin: "All good things have to come to an end eventually."


Sandra: "Not if you are in your happy pod."


Melvin: "That never came to fruition. It failed the acceptance test."
Sandra: "Would you have liked to see it realise?"


Melvin: "Maybe. It was my baby and I was definitely disappointed it didn't work out, but maybe it's for the better. I can't always stay in an insulated bubble. I have to get in touch with reality eventually. Your happiest moments may be in the bubble but they ultimately just aren't real. It's all an illusion that keeps playing over and over until you hallucinate and slowly starve to death."


Sandra: "Err...maybe it's a good thing you switched to the time machine."


Melvin: "Everyone thinks that too. The happy bubble isn't as scary as it sounds though. You'll die happy and won't realise you're dying at all. With the time machine though, you are in touch with reality. Your actions will make a difference. It can't reverse global warming but you can fix some mistakes in your life."



Sandra: "That would be nice. If I could I would go back in time and listen to my dad. I would save him and my mom from the accidents and I wouldn't have gotten close to the boy."


Melvin: "I don't know about that...will you really be able to control your heart if you meet the boy again as he tries to charm you?"


Sandra: "That's...a good point. What about you? Have you used it?"


Melvin: "No. I didn't get involved with the testing phase."


Sandra: "Why not? It's your creation."


Melvin: "And my team's but I just couldn't bring myself to step in there. The past is what shapes us. We learn from the past. If I hadn't come up with the failure known as the happy bubble, the time machine would never have existed. If everything that happened to you was erased, would you still be like this? Or will you still be an immature girl who doesn't realise that actions have consequences? Not to sound rude or anything."


Melvin: "It's a slippery slope. You get in, realise you can change your past, your future, your destiny even. But we are insatiable by nature. You start to get curious about what happens if you try more extreme things. You could get away with murder or worse. Anything you don't like you change. You become very self-centred and detached from reality because if reality is ever-changing, is it real? Besides, the butterfly effect still exists. It's too unpredictable to change the past."


Sandra: "If you view it so poorly, why even come up with it?"


Melvin: "Ha, I'm not good at promoting my products, am I? There aren't that many right now so it's quite controlled as to who gets to use it. We don't allow users to step in too many times in case of unknown side effects, so whatever I said about getting away with murder is very unlikely. The first thing they want to do is fix their past, not go crazy with the possibilities. Because we're just affecting our own lives and those around us, ripple effects are fairly limited. We aren't that crucial in the grand scheme of things."


Melvin: "Also, it's expensive. I can live with my mistakes."


Sandra: "Getting to the crux of the issue now, are we?"

***


Sandra: "I had a chat with Melvin about his time machine. At first I was eager to try it. It didn't matter how much it cost. But after hearing what Melvin himself thought of it, I changed my mind. He's right. If I didn't meet him, if all the events didn't happen, would I have matured or would I have continued to be a reckless kid? Furthermore, there's no need to kid myself. Even Melvin doesn't believe I will  be able to get over him if I met him again. I can't convince myself that I've gotten over him either. Part of me still wishes to find him. I've lost my dad. But I haven't lost him yet."

***


Reynard: "You have to help me. It's the least you can do for taking the exemption from me."


Derek: "Don't take it so personally. You would have taken the exemption too if it came down to it."


Reynard: "Just get on with it. You lasted longer. Who do you think was suspicious?"


Derek: "Venus left you alone. That's how I caught. And she was there when I caught you because later she tried to eliminate me but missed."


Reynard: "You mean she just stood there and watched and didn't do anything?"


Derek: "Er...yeah. Sandra was also watching apparently."


Venus: "Hey guys. I hope I'm not interrupting anything?"


Reynard: "You were. Not that it matters now. We'll talk again later."


Derek: "Wait! Don't leave me here! Didn't you...er....didn't you say you loved how exotic she was? You should say it to her."


Derek: "Gotta go. Bye!"


Venus: "So you think I'm exotic?"
Reynard: "I don't remember saying that but my wife is always saying I don't remember a lot of things I said so...possibly? You'd be a dragon."


Venus: "Revered yet mysterious...I like that."


Reynard: "You do? My wife would have found it silly."
Venus: "Really? She clearly doesn't know what 'silly' means."


Venus: "I'm curious though. Why were you playing with toys at the library?"
Reynard: "That toy looked like Franklin's favourite. I was reminded of him."


Venus: "Oh...thanks for telling me. I wouldn't have guessed."
Reynard: "You thought I was a retard, didn't you? At least you bothered to ask for an explanation."


Reynard: "Speaking of explanations, I need one from you. Derek told me you were watching me get eliminated by him. You left me to fend for myself."

Venus: "You were so engrossed in playing. I thought you would be safe while I tried to get rid of the rest, which I did. I managed to eliminate both Monique and Jasmine. I wanted to get back to you but when I saw you it was too late."


Reynard: "I hope that's true."


Venus: "Why would I lie to you?"

***




Venus: "My initial thoughts of Reynard were that he was a grown child and very immature. I also thought he was dumb. But as I slowly get to know him better, I realise he's actually a nice guy. He's not a bad boy but I can tell he cares for his family a lot. His wife is so lucky. She doesn't know how to treasure him."

***


Henrietta: "Are you sure you don't want to work with me? Two heads are always better than one."
Monique: "Not all the time."


Monique: "Also, I'm not blind nor am I dumb. I see you going around campaigning for information. I don't think you're just having a chat with the rest of the house."


Henrietta: "Heh. Old habits die hard."


Monique: "Regardless, after last season's lesson I'm not relying on anyone else. They'll just confuse me, especially when there's a Mole in the mix."


Henrietta: "I'll like to see you try to play a solitary game."
Monique: "I rather die because of my own actions than be led by the nose."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: Who was the first to be executed Mole's previous season?
A: Tanya Sim
B: Poppy La Tootie
C: Uma Phile
D: Justin Huez
E: Lena Estenson
F: Pierre Oak
G: Christina Euca
H: Sanjay Vikram


Q3: Who was the Mole in the current Mole's previous season?
A: Cindy Veer
B: Brittany Power
C: Matthew Hamming
D: Douglas Chip
E: Elaine Moseby
F: Philo Nickelworth
G: Peggy Vox
H: Angie Reese



Q4: Was the winner of the Mole's first season male or female?
A: Male
B: Female



Q5: In Mission 4, who was the Mole paired up with?
A: Henrietta Hitchcock
B: Jasmine Risotto
C: Derek Zora
D: Reynard Connors
E: Melvin Willis
F: Monique Plaita
G: Sandra Rius
H: Venus Ixora

Q6: In Mission 4, was the Mole a celebrity or bodyguard?
A: Celebrity
B: Bodyguard


Q7: In Mission 4, in which order was the Mole eliminated?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th
F: 6th
G: The Mole was not eliminated

Q8: In Mission 4, did the Mole's disc hit another contestant?
A: Yes
B: No
C: The Mole did not throw a disc


Q9: Who eliminated the Mole in Mission 4?
A: Sandra Rius
B: Venus Ixora
C: Derek Zora
D: The Mole was not eliminated



Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Henrietta Hitchcock
B: Melvin Willis
C: Derek Zora
D: Reynard Connors
E: Venus Ixora
F: Monique Plaita
G: Jasmine Risotto
H: Sandra Rius

***


Derek: "Venus did not do anything to help Reynard when I was chasing him. She also conveniently missed her throw by hitting a random passer-by. I'm starting to think it's her more and more."


***



"First Kenneth, then Stephanie, then Matty. Three of your comrade have already fallen. Who will be the fourth?"



"Reynard Connors."

























































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Monique Plaita."




























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Venus Ixora."





















































































































































































































































































































































































































"Henrietta Hitchcock."




















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Henrietta: "Grr..."
Reynard: "Yes! Karma's a bitch, boys!"
"Unfortunately, Henrietta Hitchcock, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Henrietta: "We as Sims cannot get greedy. We should learn to be content. If I was content I would have had a perfect streak of fourth. This third time is not the charm."


Henrietta: "Every time was an uphill battle for me. The first season, nobody knew what to do or expect. The second season I joined so late I knew very little information. The third season came so long after the first two that it was as good as the first season for me. It must be my coalition members. They were giving me false information. Did you see the look on Reynard's face? They will pay for it."
"Thank you for joining Henrietta. We hope to see you soon."


The pioneer almost-finalist has been executed! Is one of her coalition buddies really the Mole?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!