Friday 21 November 2014

15.07-Why does Kay keep winning

Welcome to the Smole! Previously the 6 contestants went on a race around the school field. Kay came in first and won another exemption, whereas Heather came in last. However, all 120/120 points were earned, bringing the pot to 260/420 points. However, young Taylor was executed afterwards. Who will be next? Who could the Mole be?


 
Heather: “Hey, mind if I revise my journal with you?”
Victor: “Okay. But if you want to share any info, we’ll do it elsewhere.”

Hossan: “You guys are boring. Victor.”
Victor: “Yes?”

Hossan: “You’re just a dorky nerd.”
Victor: “Excuse me?”
Hossan: “You look like a chicken like that. No, a duck! Quack, quack!”
Victor: “I’m in your coalition here!”
Heather: “I think I should go. It’s too noisy here.”
Hossan: “Yeah, I’m not going to stay with a  dweeb.”

***



Hossan: “So, what did you disinter?”
Heather: “I managed to dig out Kay’s displeasure with everything that is not hers. What a snobby diva. But I’m still contemplating on whether I should publish it.”
Hossan: “Well, it doesn’t matter whether you do. We have a hold over her now.”
Heather: “She knows that too, and I’m prepared to use it whenever I need to. Enough about me, what did you uncover?”
Hossan: “Katelyn’s a wild party girl. Any secrets would have been shown to the whole world already.”
Heather: “I thought you were good at this.”
Hossan: “You’re the reporter. You have the skills and experience.”













Heather: “I sound like a bad person now. Am I treading into the dark side? I feel so evil and cheap. I’m unearthing people’s secrets. It’s such a dirty game. I feel so dirty. Hossan sure was caustic. It’s too late for me to back out. While I have the upper hand I need to find something about Hossan to protect myself.”

***


The next mission is to play a game of ’20 questions’. Basically, each contestant is entitled 4 questions to ask to determine the answer of an object in mind. Their questions must be a yes/no question, to which the response will either be yes, no, sometimes or irrelevant. If they are unable to guess the object correctly within 20 questions, they may continue asking, subtracting 10 points for every subsequent question. The number of points earned will be determined by the number of questions left unasked, 10 per question. This would be worth 150 points. The exemption holder will be the one who is the first to guess the object correctly. Questions need not be asked in turn.


“Let’s get started!”

Hossan: “Can it be used to torture people?”
Heather: “Excuse me?”
Hossan: “What?”
“Irrelevant.”

Katelyn: “Is it scary?”
Kay: “Oh, like a beast?”

Hossan: “Shut up! What a useless question Katelyn! I demand you keep your mouth shut!”
“Irrelevant. I shall consider that one question.”

Victor: “Is it big?”
“Sometimes.”
Heather: “Hmm…can it fly?”
“Irrelevant.”
Katelyn: “Shh Heather. You should not speak.”

Heather: “Is it a he?”
“Irrelevant.”
Victor: “Can it be worn?”
“Yes.”

Katelyn: “We are getting somewhere!”
Kay: “Oh, I’m not sure…is it unisex?”
“Yes.”
Katelyn: “Can it be worn on the head?”
“Yes.”

Hossan: “is it a ringing hat?”
“No.”
Heather: “You could have taken away the ringing part.”
Hossan: “Shut up woman. I say what I want. I was thinking like a jester’s hat.”

Victor: “A hat! Interesting idea!”
Kay: “Hmm…is it a bandana?”



“We have an answer! It is indeed a bandana! Kay wins an exemption yet again! 10 questions are leftover, so 100/150 points are earned, or 360/570 points. Not too bad. There was also a hidden exemption which could be earned by asking ‘is it a hidden exemption’. Unfortunately nobody asked that so nobody earns that.”
Hossan: “How would we have known?”


Hossan: “Grr…why does Kay keep winning?”


Hossan: “Whatever. I’m going to get juice. Something which Kay’s room doesn’t offer.”

Victor: “Yeah, you do just that! We’ll all have peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!