Saturday 1 November 2014

14.19-Various steal-candy-from-baby plots



13 contestants joined for various reasons, all hoping to make it out as top. One by one their dreams got shattered until 3 were left. The previous mission was a success with full 20/20 points earned, but the pot remained at 445/1140 points. Who will bring home the money, and who will bring home the rest? In other words, who is the Mole?

***


On the day of the finale, contestants either serve others…

Indulge in their love…

Or sleep in and dream about various steal-candy-from-baby plots.

***


Renne: “This is it. I can’t believe I made it this far…well, maybe I can. I can smell victory.”

“Welcome to your final mission. Congratulations everyone so far. Your final mission will involve you making and solving a mystery. You will first make a mystery for one other contestant to solve. Then you must solve another contestant’s mystery. For every solved mystery, 20 points are earned, making this worth 60 points. Good luck!”

Ella: “At last. Victory shall be mine!”
Cindy: “I’m glad this is ending soon.”
Renne: “Must be bad fengshui here. I seem to feel bored when I  sit here.”
Ella: “Touché.”
“Go off to make your mysteries separately.”

***

“I have received all your mysteries. Now, all of you shall choose a number. That number will correspond to the mystery you must solve. In the event you choose your own mystery, we will make our own adjustments.”
Renne: “I pick 1.”
Ella: “How dare you! Well fine. I’ll take 2.”
Cindy: “I guess I’m left with 3.”

***

Renne’s mystery: Somebody stole the Queen’s diamond. Suspects: Royston, Violet, Victoria. As with all mysteries, the culprit is lying while the others are telling the truth.
Renne: “Tell me. Did you do it?”
Royston: “Can’t say who did. I can tell you that I was busy shooting my new film I barely had time to eat.”

Renne: “This place is like a pool. I don’t want to drown here.”
Violet: “Whatever. Victoria was eyeing the Queen’s diamond for a while.”

Renne: “I heard you don’t seem to have an interest in the Queen’s diamond.”
Victoria: “Are you kidding? I have a feud with the Queen. I want as little to do with her as possible.”

***


Ella Marie’s mystery: Someone lost her metal slippers. Suspects: Poppy, Vera, Venus.
Ella: “Did you lose the slippers?”
Poppy: “Um…the slipper is too big for me.”

Ella: “I don’t think it’s you. You don’t even know how to cook! But this is a mandatory process.”
Vera: “I’m not obsessed with metal slippers. I prefer veggie dresses.”

Ella: “You? Metal slippers?”
Venus: “If you know what I like to wear for shoes you’d have your answer.”

***


Cindy’s mystery: A child was kidnapped. Suspects: Julian, Eden, Viola.
Cindy: “I don’t think you would do such a thing…but you could provide any clues?”
Julian: “Sure can. The least obvious one is the one.”
Cindy: “How cryptic…”

Cindy: “Do you have any idea who it could be?”
Eden: “Not a chance.”

Cindy: “Do you know who would try to kidnap?”
Viola: “I am not the one, that is for sure.”

***

Cindy: “After taking their statements, I think Viola is the one. Julian told me the least obvious one is the one, so I suspect it must be Viola, the only woman. By saying she’s not the one, Viola must be lying.”

Ella: “By deduction Poppy is the one who lost her slippers. Venus and Vera will never wear those metal slippers. I would call them high heels actually.”

Renne: “I’m basing this on assumption. Assuming Royston and Violet spoke the truth, Victoria is the liar. Assuming Royston and Victoria spoke the truth, Violet is the liar. Violet and Victoria can never both be speaking the truth because they will contradict. So by guessing, Violet is the one.”
“With that, 40/60 points are earned, making the pot a final 485/1200 points! Cindy was wrong. The kidnapper was actually Eden, not Viola. Also, Renne’s mystery was solved by Cindy, Ella Marie’s by Renne and Cindy’s by Ella Marie. Freshen up for the finale!”


Ella: “The audacity of Renne to guess! Fortunately he was correct, or I will butcher him! Not personally, of course. I’ll send my men to execute this useless bard. What shocked me was how that slave got hers wrong. But you can never count on slaves anyway.”

***

Ella: “Hmm…I have just the perfect outfit for this. Cindy, I forbid you from wearing a nice outfit.”
Cindy: “I have just as every right to go!”
Ella: “You are a mere peasant. A slave of mine.”

Ella: “So I order you to fetch me two outfits.”
Cindy: “One for me?”
Ella: “No. I would never let you wreck it. It’s a reserve gown. One can never go anywhere without it.”


Renne: “Well, I should go revise instead, but what the heck. It’s time to party!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!