Tuesday 25 November 2014

15.09-Hey looky, a door!


Victor: “I must say I’m feeling consternated now. I had banked on Katelyn after eliminating everyone else as possible suspects, only for her to be executed and prove my theories wrong? Good thing my other instincts told me not to fully bank on her, or I may have been the one to say adios. I doubt Kay is the Mole, and I don’t think Heather is either, so that leaves Hossan….you could never trust him full well. But I’m still not sure. How much has he sabotaged? He’s actually been quite an asset. Our coalition has been planning a way to stop Kay from earning exemptions, thinking about all possible missions.”

***


It’s breakfast time for the final 4.

***



Kay: “Aah, so relaxing…wait.”


Kay: “What is that revolting Hossan doing here?”


Heather: “Hi Kay, mind if I join?”
Kay: “Ugh, way to spoil the scenery even more.”
Heather: “I really want to apologise. I’ve been bugged by my conscience—“
Kay: “You still have one? I am in shock!”
Heather: “But your causticness prevents me from acting on it. So I say we bury the hatchet and call it truce.”
Kay: “Hmm…I am not sure how I can fully trust you. You are becoming like a copy of Hossan. But I will bury the hatchet. However, if you dare to do anything unscrupulous again, I will not hesitate to dig it up.”


Victor: “I have an idea, but I’m not fully sure…”
“Mission time! The final 4 must had to an abandoned hamlet. Three of you will hide in separate ones while the last contestant has to find all four of you. All of you will take turns to find. This mission will end by 7pm. For every group of 3 found, 20 points are added, making this worth 80 points. Good luck.”

***


This is the hamlet.


 
Kay shall start.
“Now Kay, whenever you are faced with more than one path to take, you will be asked a question pertaining to the other contestants, the right answer corresponding to the right path to take. You may open any doors you see along the way, but you get only 4 tries before you are done. Whenever you find someone, he/she will join you to find the rest. Got it? 

Now, your first question: Is the contestant you are looking for over 30? Left is yes, right is no.”
Kay: “Right.”













Kay: “I decided it’s time to make a worthy investment. I bet there must be a clue around here somewhere. I’m willing to spend the whole time looking for it, even if it means sacrificing points. That’s their punishment. Who asked them to let me go first?”


“Next question:  Is the contestant male or female? Left for female, right for male.”

***


After several more questions…


Kay: “Okay, I’m going to go into the door on the left.”


Kay: “Nothing? Sheesh.”


 
“Is the contestant a supernatural? Forward for no, right for yes.”
Kay: “Sure, yes, why not.”


Kay: “I’m back where I started!”
“Does the contestant wear makeup? Forward for no, right for yes.”


Kay: “I’ve went that way before so I say forward.”


“Which contestant has the most experience in research? Left for Heather, forward for Hossan, right for Victor.”
Kay: “Hmm…I’ll go with Heather.”


Kay: “At last! A door! Looks like I’m forced to open this one.”


 
Kay: “Still nothing! It’s been an hour already!”


“Who is most likely to get kidnapped by an alien? Turn left twice for Heather, left then right for Victor and right for Hossan.”


Kay: “I think Hossan.”


Kay: “This is going nowhere. I’m just going to open the next door I see.”


Kay: “Here I go.”


Kay: “Victor! At last! Had I known you were right in front from the start I wouldn’t have gone in circles!”
“You can only find one more contestant, so use that last door wisely.”


“Who will more likely get caught in a fishing net? Forward for Hossan, right for Heather.”
Kay: “Who comes up with these questions anyway?”
“I do. But do note that the others have responded to all these questions with their answers. The path you would take would be the answer you think any of the contestants chose.”
Kay: “You could have told us earlier!”

Victor: “Okay, I say Heather, since Hossan is a ghost.”
Kay: “Assuming Heather and Hossan doesn’t try to fool us, then I would agree.”


Kay: “Hey I’ve never actually been here before. You’re such a great help, Victor.”


“Who is more likely to jump from a cliff? Forward for Hossan, left for Heather.”
Victor: “I say Hossan’s the crazy one.”
Kay: “No. I’m the finder and I believe Heather’s the answer. You honestly would never know what she’s up to.  I can’t trust her.”


Victor: “We’re in a dead end. We have to open the door.”


Kay: “Nothing…”
“Your part is up! Victor, it is your turn to find.”

***


“Will the contestant ever wear a dress? Forward for no, right for yes.”
Victor: “I’m saying forward. Hey looky, a door!”


Victor: “Nope, nobody in here.”


 
Victor: “Hmm…where could they be?”
“Is the contestant female? Forward for yes, right for no.”


Victor: “Hossan’s a sneaky one. I should find him first. So no.”


Victor: “I’ll try this door.”


Victor: “Drats. Nothing.”


Victor: “I wish I could use logic around here…”


Victor: “A dead end?”
“Dead ends count as one door, so you have one last try.”
Victor: “What? Great. This mission is turning out to be a disaster.”


Victor: “Come on…”


Victor: “Nothing?”
“Your time is up. Next up, Hossan.”

***


 
“Your first question. Does the contestant wear glasses? Forward for no, right for yes.”


Hossan: “Yes, duh.”


Hossan: “Oh why do I even bother? This is going to turn out terribly.”


Hossan: “I’ll try this door.”


Hossan: “Booyeah!”
Kay: “Oh of all the people I had to be stuck with you.”
Hossan: “Glad to be of service, b****.”
Kay: “Why I’d never! That was uncalled for!”


“Who would kiss Kay? Forward for Heather, right for Victor.”
Kay: “It would have to be Victor.”
Hossan: “Oh shut up, woman. I call the shots here. It’s definitely Heather. She’d do it just for laughs. Victor will never kiss anyone.”
Kay: “I guess Heather is more daring…”


Kay: “Look what you did! You brought us into a dead end!”
“Dead ends count as a door, so you have two more tries.”


Kay: “Another dead end?”
Hossan: “Stop being a whiny p****. At least we have a door.”


Hossan: “An empty room. F***.”
Kay: “I want to get this over and done with…”


“Who will jump into a pool of sharks? Left for Victor, right for Heather.”
Hossan: “I don’t quite get it. It’s so confusing but whatever.”


“Who is the funnier one? Turn right at the first bend for Heather, right at the second bend for Victor.”
Hossan: “Victor. He’s quite the funny one once you get to know him.”
Kay: “Let’s stop and think about this. Heather would not know about Victor.”
Hossan: “She would. We’re in a coalition. And she won’t choose herself.”
Kay: “You actually have a point. But Victor would not choose himself either.”
Hossan: “So we’re going to find someone either way. Now come on already. The sun is setting!”


Kay: “We’re back here again, you idiot!”
Hossan: “GGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Why am I stuck with you of all people!”
“Is the contestant likely to frequent the beach? Forward for Heather, right for Victor and right, then left for nobody.”
Hossan: “Neither of them are likely to go to the beach.”



Hossan: “This door is empty.”
“And that’s it! It’s now Heather’s turn.”

***


“Heather, you have one hour.”
Heather: “Really? They left so little time for me?”


Heather: “I shall see if this door would work.”


Heather: “Yoohoo? Anyone in here? No? Oh.”

***


Heather: “Nobody in this room either.”
“15 minutes more!”
Heather: “Oh no, I’m not going to find anyone like that!”


Heather: “Still nobody? Shoot.”


“7 o’clock, time is up!”


That concludes the mission. Victor found a hidden exemption in the room as seen above, so he’s going into the finale.


Kay: “Look here. I’m not happy with all this. I say that instructions were vague so you should give us the points!”
“We will see. For now, it’s quiz time.”



Hossan: “At least Kay didn’t get the exemption so she could be going home. That would be aww yeah! And I predicted a similar mission! Ha! At least Kay gets the blame for using up the most time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!