Sunday 22 November 2015

24.05-This is a library


In the last mission, contestants had to act various scenes in groups of 4, slapped in the face with a role, a script of tasks and 10 minutes. They performed badly, earning only 95/300, or 215/540 points in total. Jeremy earned himself a correction for making a mistake deliberately, while Joanna earned one from forming a public coalition with Patrick. However, not using it proved to be Jeremy's fatal mistake as he was the first to be executed. Who will be next? Can the contestants do better in the next mission?

***



Joanna: "What are you doing in my room?"


Dimitri: "I'm looking for my roses."


Joanna: "I am not your rose. You are looking in the wrong place. Scram."
Dimitri: "How hurtful. Almost as bad as the slap yesterday. You should at least help me put cream on it."
Joanna: "In your dreams."
Dimitri: "My dreams are more lucid than that, with all my prey--"
Joanna: "I don't need to hear that. Get out of my way."

***


Joanna: "I feel so violated just talking to him."


Joanna: "Why did they even allow such a psycho to join? Great, my eyeshadow is a bit off. I need to redo it."


Joanna: "Wait a minute. What if he really is a psycho?"

***



Patrick: 'Today will be a good day."


Patrick: "I found a note in the trash can. It seemed to suggest something about our coalition."
Joanna: "You dug in my trash?"
Patrick: "A raccoon knocked it over and I was cleaning it up when I saw that. Care to explain?"


Joanna: "Yes. I got a correction. But if you were of no use I wouldn't even form one with you. I meant whatever I said. I want to keep this coalition. I value you as a partner."
Joanna: "Very well. But it's getting harder to trust you."

***


Contestants would visit Simplandia Library, where they will sit in a circular formation. They will have to memorise a list of words from a dictionary while a piece of paper will be passed to a random player, who will write a line and pass it on. The next contestant will then write something based on the line above and pass it on to another contestant. Each contestant can only see the line above them. They do not get to decide who to pass to. When all 11 contestants have written their story, it would be read aloud and they must each guess who wrote one line. They may not guess their own line. For each correct guess, 10 points would be earned, making this mission worth 110 points.


To help with the transfer of papers and to prevent cheating, we will have this spiny turtle act as a messenger.

Kidding. Our production crew will walk around to block the contestants' view as the papers are being passed and written.



Okay, this isn't very circular, but whatever. It works.

***

After writing, the contestants now must guess the author of one line. Here is what the story reads as:
  • Pick me as the Mole
  • Because I love to dig for gold
  • That's why I married Melissa
  • For love and fame
  • He was even willing to sell his soul
  • To Satan
  • From God
  • "I got a letter from God," he mumbled in reverence
  • He couldn't wait to open the letter
  • But unfortunately, he failed to get into his dream college
  • So he decided to sleep forever and ever and ever



Rebecca: "What an incoherent story."
"Yvonne, you shall start the ball rolling."
Yvonne: "I wasn't really paying attention. Let me read that story again...oh. Okay, hmm...I think the 'From God' one is probably by Randolph. You know, because he's so about all that."
Rebecca: "If only we could influence each other's decisions. Well, I pick the second one. It feels so cheeky, like something Olivia would say."
Olivia: "Well, hee! I spoke to Sean before, and he mentioned he failed to get into college, so that line must be his."


Dimitri: "Personally, I believe Randolph is likely to sell his soul."


Randolph: "Excuse me? Why would I write something as sacrilegious as that?"
Oliver: "'For love and fame' sounds very materialistic. Joanna, maybe?"
Herman: "I have no idea what to base this on but I'll just take a stab in the dark. Patrick couldn't wait to open the letter! Whoo! What a rush."


Dimitri: "I wanted to pick the line Yvonne picked, because I believe that was from Herman. He seems as cheeky as that. If he didn't write that, he wrote the second line or the last. I trust Rebecca. She's the bookworm. So the second line is out. But I couldn't pick that line anyway, so I chose the selling soul one. I was afraid others would think I wrote it. There were...misunderstandings, you see. So the most plausible answer is Randolph. I had the group in mind, and heart and body and soul."


These two are still reading the dictionaries...
Joanna: "I can remember more words than you!"
Patrick: "No, I can!"
"Joanna, it is your turn to guess. Were you even paying attention?"
Joanna: "Sorry. What am I supposed to do?"
"Pick a line that isn't crossed out."
Joanna: "'I got a letter from God' sounds most profound, so I think Rebecca wrote it."
Patrick: "I was going to pick that line! Grr. Fine. The last line is by...Yvonne? She's such a dreamer."


Bernard: "I tried to analyse the content and the handwriting, but I realised the contestants didn't do much writing. And the content could be misleading. Some are vague, like the first one. Some were clearer and had some direction, like those having to do with religion. A non-religious Sim wouldn't think of that first...unless he really didn't. Also, the most narrative-like line must be Rebecca, so I second Joanna's conjecture."



Bernard: "Thinking about the fact that we could see only the line before us, and the fact that the first writer had nothing to look back on, I say he's someone very into the game, or very manipulative and wants to get people to pick him as the Mole to create confusion. Patrick Shwatz."
Sean: "You guys are reading too much into this. Just go with your gut feeling, man. I'll guess that the third line is by Joanna."
Randolph: "I can't believe I'm the last. What am I? A benchwarmer? This must be a conspiracy. Just like how Dimitri is a Satan worshipper! It all makes sense now! 'To Satan' is by him!"


Randolph: "I didn't get to pick, but thankfully they saved the easiest for last. And I now know more about everyone else. Like how Dimitri is Satanic."

***

These are the real answers. The name is brackets is the author of that line. Green and red are self-explanatory.
Pick me as the Mole (Oliver)
Because I love to dig for gold (Olivia)
That's why I married Melissa (Joanna)
For love and fame (Bernard)
He was even willing to sell his soul (Randolph)
To Satan (Dimitri)
From God (Herman)
"I got a letter from God," he mumbled in reverence (Rebecca)
He couldn't wait to open the letter (Patrick)
But unfortunately, he failed to get into his dream college (Sean)
So he decided to sleep forever and ever and ever (Yvonne)

8/11 lines were guessed correctly, so 80/110 points were earned, making the pot now 295/650 points.





Dimitri: "I am so touched you truly understand me, Randolph. We could be best friends."
Randolph: "NEVER!"
Rebecca: "Shh. It's a library."
Olivia: "Was mine really that obvious?"
Rebecca: "Not so loud, Olivia."
Herman: "Well, I'm sad they didn't guess mine correctly."
Oliver: "I had nothing to go on, okay? That's why I came up with a Smole-related line."
Rebecca: "You don't have to explain yourself, and you don't have to shout!"
Oliver: "SHH! This is a library."



Olivia: "I must admit that your line is pretty witty, Dimitri."
Dimitri: "Thank you, Olivia. I am heartened you appreciate my wittiness."
Rebecca: "I would leave if not for the fact that I can gather more information."
Yvonne: "You all should have wrote more telling lines."
Patrick: "Ha! I know what onomatopoeia means! I win!"
Joanna: "I bet you don't know what circumlocution means."
Rebecca: "I give up keeping this place quiet. Maybe I should resign."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!