Sunday 29 November 2015

24.09-Don't go philosophical on me, Miss Smartypants


Previously, the 10 contestants had to try out keys to open chests which contained valuable items (or not). 170/200 points were earned, bringing the pot to 465/850 points. Bernard and Joanna found an exemption, while Rebecca, Herman and Olivia found a correction, to which Herman and Olivia used. In the end, it was Randolph that was the next to be executed, and he left with a vengeance. Who will be next?

***


Yvonne: "All of them are trash..."


Rebecca: "Interesting. I have a lot of records about what Yvonne says while she sleeps."

***


Oliver: "You're so small and petite. It's like the wind can just blow you down. You need to exercise. Come and join me."
Rebecca: "Exercise is not my thing."
Oliver: "But it's key to good health."
Rebecca: "Who wants to live forever anyway?"
Oliver: "Don't go philosophical on me, Miss Smartypants."

***



Herman: "I thought cooking was fun. Turns out it's not that easy."



Yvonne: "Look, a penny."
Rebecca: "Yvonne...sometimes I want to strangle her."

***


Sean: "Hey Rebecca. Can I just call you Beck? It's okay if you mind."
Rebecca: "It's fine. What is it?"
Sean: "You read a lot right? I mean, you're a librarian, of course you do. You're surrounded by books. So I was wondering. I heard 'The Tales of Odyssey III' came out recently. Do you have a review on it?"
Rebecca: "It's nice to see you interested in books. Personally, I think it's a gripping book, surpassing its predecessors. But I can't say much without spoiling it. All I can say is that I highly encourage you read it."
Sean: "Thanks man...woman...Beck."


Rebecca: "It's nice to be able to communicate on an intellectual level with Sean. At least we share a common interest. I must admit. The first time I saw him, I didn't think too highly of him, but now I see that he's quite charming, how he defies stereotypes and everything. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover."

***


In this next mission, the 9 contestants have to stand on the 9 platforms. There will be a secret number that will trigger a steam bomb. They must avoid the bomb number. If 21 numbers have been called out and all of them still survive, 100 points will be earned, all or nothing.


Oliver: "I received a note from the Mole. It's really interesting. Anyway, he wants me to 'call out 73 before 21 turns' to earn a correction. It didn't make sense before but now it does, seeing the mission. I'm thinking that this is the magic number that will set off the bomb. Should I get a correction and sacrifice 100 points? I probably should. After all, it's a selfish game. But I can't be too obvious. I'll call it when it's my turn for the 3rd time. I've got a plan to win, baby!"

***



"Pick a number from 1-100."
Bernard: "Halving it is pointless, and I bet the number could be 50 if the Mole was cruel, so...52."































































1-52.


Joanna: "Hmm...if we want to win we must drag this out, so it was a stupid move, but I have to live with it, so 51."
































































1-51


Oliver: "Thanks a lot, man. There goes my correction. Better record this down first. Sigh..okay, what's half of that? Oh, 26."




























































1-26


Olivia: "This is so suspenseful. How about...3? I don't want to get drenched."
























































3-26.


Herman: "You only live once, so take a gamble for once! I say 9!"































































9-26.


Yvonne: "It's clearly a double digit. How about 10?"
































































10-26.


Sean: "Like 25. Whatever."









































































10-25.


Rebecca: "The Mole wouldn't pick a round number unless he's smart. But to last 21 turns means that I have to call small numbers. So, 24."










































































10-24


Patrick: "22."


































































10-22.


Bernard: "I should have put more thought before I called out a number. I don't think we can go very far. Sorry. I guess I'll pick 21 then."
















































































"21."


Bernard: "What?"


Bernard: "Unlucky me."


Bernard: "I'm wet now."


Bernard: "Sorry guys."


"The mission is over. 0/100 points have been earned, so the pot is still at 465/950 points. Bernard gets a hidden exemption for being bombed though."


Sean: "How many exemptions has he gotten already? And two of them were hidden exemptions. He has some dumb luck, man. Or he knows something we don't. If you know what I mean."

***


Bernard: "I better not go deaf. My hearing is already quite bad."


Rebecca: "Do you like...romance novels?"
Sean: "Um..."
Oliver: "Yo what are you two lovebirds talking about?"
Rebecca: *blushes*


Patrick: "That was a complete disaster. And it's all Bernard's fault. And Oliver too, for halving our chances."


Bernard: "Honestly it'll take forever for me to dry and I don't want to get sick."


Bernard: "Just march on in there and take a nice, hot shower."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!