Saturday 20 October 2018

41.01-Looking for love


Welcome to the Smole, Season 41! It's been 40 enthralling seasons, so hopefully you know the gist of the game by now. If not, you may refer to past seasons to get a feel of the rules and regulations, or visit the official Smole fansite to learn more.

This season, we have 10 new contestants battling it out for a shot at the grand prize. However, the twists this season are far from new. This season is an amalgamation of various twists used in the previous seasons. For example, contestants will be taking open-ended quizzes instead of multiple-choice quizzes like in Season 38 and executions will be based on speed rather than score, just like in Season 24. However, to keep things fresh, some twists will be modified. In Season 36, the Mole could nominate half the contestants for execution. Similarly this season, the exemption winner can select up to five contestants to nominate for execution. There will also be new twists, such as exemptions now being tradeable among contestants in the same way corrections (introduced in Season 21) could be passed from one contestant to another. This will be a season packed with many twists and turns. How will the contestants adapt? And speaking of which, who are the contestants this season?


First up, we have Hans Dixon, 43, restaurateur.


Next is Chase Bennington, 41, lead vocalist in a band.


We also have Kaylie Taylin, 42, unemployed.


Joining us this season is Kelly Hoggart, 50, gym owner.


There is also Clavés Vann, 24, spy.


The sixth contestant to be joining us is Jennifer Caley, 34, singer.


Following her is Stanley Mann, 32, cameraman.


After that is Zane Aason Avveridge, 29, events planner.


We also have Jane Plain, 25, front desk receptionist.


Last but definitely not least, our final contestant participating in this season is Pamela Aries, 30, teacher.

Which one of them is the Mole?

*
*
*

DAY 1


Jane: "I can't believe it. I can't believe that someone as average and boring as me actually made it! I've been applying for so many seasons but kept getting rejected. Being actually accepted for once feels so surreal. And to be on a season with someone as famous as Chase Bennington and Jennifer Caley!"


*
*
*



Jane: "Oh my gosh, is that Jennifer Caley and Chase Bennington? Someone pinch me!"


Zane: "I wonder what our first mission will be about."


Hans: "It seems that we're here early. Why not we start with introductions? I'll go first."


Hans: "I'm Hans Dixon. I'm 43 this year and I'm the propertier of a restaurant The Way To My Heart. You can tell from my stoutly size that I like good food. I'm currently single because of a failed first romance."


Pamela: "Aw, I want to give you a hug."
Claves: "You didn't have the courage to pursue another romance?"


Hans: "It's not that. In fact, I treasure my first attempt at love very, very much. My first love taught me so much. She taught me how to be a better man overall. She changed me for the better and I thought that we could really talk about a future together. But in the end it didn't work out and I never found someone like her. But I still live by her ways. A part of her still exists within me."


Pamela: "Aw..."
Kelly: "I think I'll go next before she starts bursting out the waterworks. My name is Kelly Hoggart. I'm an Australian citizen and the proud owner of a gym called Mark Fitness."


Pamela: "Aw, how sweet to name it after your husband."
Kelly: "It was named after my brother Mark, who is the head fitness instructor."


Pamela: "Aw, how sad."
Kelly: "I don't have a husband."


Pamela: "Aw, how tragic!"
Kelly: "I don't need a husband. I carved out a successful career for myself. Why do I need one?"


Pamela: "But every woman should start her own family."
Kelly: "That's arsetalk."
Pamela: "Surely you've fallen in love at least once?"


Kelly: "I had an ex-boyfriend and we're still friends, but that's it. I don't know why you're so invested in my love life."
Pamela: "It's just, live life with no regrets, right?"


Kelly: "My only regret was not being able to afford a university education. But that's not important now. Me being here is the very meaning of 'live life with no regrets'. I may be the oldest contestant this season but age means nothing. I'll prove to everyone that I can make it in a game aimed at the younger ones too."


Claves: "You seem very interested in others but we'd like to get to know you too."


Pamela: "Of course. Hi all. I'm Pamela Aries. I'm 30 this year and am currently a teacher in a primary school. I'm so excited to be here and can't wait to find out what's in store for me. I'm here looking for love. True love. Maybe you'll laugh at me after hearing that. You're probably thinking: this fat lady's so inane, or at least hopelessly naive. Maybe I am, but I truly believe that intense experiences like this can bring us closer to one another, and from there I'll find my Mr. Right."


Zane: "Hi guys. You can call me Zane. I'm 29 this year and work as an events planner. I'm an easy-going guy. I hit the gym in my free time. I'm also watching every single one of you."


Jennifer: "Hi everybody! I'm Jennifer Caley if you didn't know. I'm not going to reveal my age. You can always search it up online anyway. Since all of you are from the older bunch I suppose you may recognise me as that young demure teen actress. But not any more. That was great as a start but it was so boring and too conventional. Ever since I discovered my idols Lady Bibi and Crazy Caca, I was inspired to be just like them. The singing duet BIanCA made me realise my true calling was singing. I trust the Smole won't be boring."


Chase: "I'm Chase Bennington, 41. I sing for the rock band Xeroth. Music's my passion too. I'm done."

Kaylie: "I guess I'll go next. My name is Kaylie Taylin. I'm currently married to my lovely husband Derrick. We don't have children but we're working on that. This may make me sound so pragmatic and shallow but I'm here for the money. It's a long shot, but it's still worth a shot."


Claves: "You've been very quiet. Why not you go next?"
Jane: "Okay."


Jane: "Hello. I'm Jane. I am 25 years old and work as a front desk receptionist. There's nothing really interesting to talk about for me."


Claves: "You're next."
Stanley: "Me? Why not you?"


Claves: "I want to hear about everyone else first."
Stanley: "That's a rubbish excuse. You're going next. I don't care."


Zane: "It's only been five minutes and I can feel the drama already."
Jennifer: "I'm loving it."

Claves: "Very well. I am Claves Vann. I am from Poland."


Hans: "Really? I couldn't tell. You don't have an accent at all."


Claves: "Thank you. I studied Simlish as a second language. It is good to know that it has not come to waste. I am 24. I think I'm the youngest here. I stay at home a lot because of the tension that is going on in my country. My brother is caught up in it so I am often left alone at home. His girlfriend comes to visit sometimes but I do not want to be a meek wallflower. I want to be able to be brave enough to explore the world. His girlfriend, Regina, told me about her experience on the Smole and encouraged me to join. So here I am."

Claves: "Now it is your turn."


Stanley: "I'm Stanley Mann. You can just call me Stan. I'm 32 years old. I've actually been on many seasons of the Smole, which is more than any of you. I was one of the cameramen for the Smole. It was so cool and I was so envious of everyone who got to be on screen and take part in all the cool missions while I stood behind the scenes watching every moment but being unable to be involved. The pay also wasn't fantastic. That is why I decided to step in front of the camera for a change."


Pamela: "The TV!"

"Good morning contestants. I hope that you have not been waiting too long. The 10 of you were lucky enough to be chosen this season. Ten hopefuls, but seven dreams will be crushed. Only three of you will make it to the finale. You should know that by now. I shall not waste your time any longer. It is time for your next mission. I suggest wearing something you'd be comfortable in sweating in."

*
*
*


Six contestants must shoot hoops for the first mission. Each basketball is labelled with a letter in the alphabet. The other four will form words with the letters found on the basketballs that made it through the hoop. Each four-letter word (or longer) is worth 10 points. They can earn up to 150 points. Thereafter, every additional word formed is worth 5 bonus points. Contestants get one hour.



Jennifer: "It's so clear that Zane must be one of the basketballers. I would like to be one too."
Hans: "What do you say Chase? You and me?"
Chase: "I don't like sports."


Hans: "Oh. Then I guess I'm fine with words too."


Kaylie: "I dare say that I'm the most physically unfit. So I'll go in the other group."
Pamela: "More unfit than me?"
Jane: "Kelly owns a gym. I think she can play basketball."
Kelly: "I own a gym but I don't run it. I deal with the admin matters."

Pamela: "But just look at you! You're so tanned, so toned, you're smokin' hot!"
Kelly: "Why, thank you. That's the best thing you've said all day."
Jennifer: "Hey!"


Stanley: "I'm playing basketball."
Kelly: "I think Claves is in good shape."
Stanley: "No. She shouldn't be shooting hoops."


Kaylie: "I think we should let Claves voice her opinion."

Claves: "Kaylie, Pamela, Chase and Hans are already part of the word group. So by default I'll already be a part of the other team. There's nothing to debate."



Hans: "The basketballers went to change into athletic gear. Some of the contestants like Jennifer took their time deciding what to wear and how to style their hair. By the time we reached the location it was way past midday."

*
*
*





Jennifer: "I had to trim my nails for this. My hands look so...so naked!"


Claves: "I hardly play basketball."


Claves: "I just throw it like this right?"


Claves: "Oh, I missed. Such a shame. C would have been so interesting to use."


Jane: "I don't know how to play."


Zane: "It'll be easy. Grab a ball and I'll show you."


Zane: "You just aim and then you let go, like this."


Zane: "Okay, maybe not like this."


Zane: "I'll move asie to give you a go."
Kelly: "E is a very useful letter. I need to make this shot."


Claves: "I believe in you. You can do this."
Kelly: "Of course I can do this."


Stanley: "Move aside if you're too afraid. You're wasting everyone's time and blocking the way."
Jane: "Sorry."


Zane: "Come on..."


Zane: "Oh come on."


Stanley: "I expected better, Zane."


Claves: "Yes!"


Claves: "I got a P!"
Kelly: "Good shot."
Jennifer: "We are finally getting somewhere."


Claves: "I'm so proud of myself."


Pamela: "A P, huh? Not the first letter I would choose."
Kaylie: "I think they're just taking whatever balls they can."
Hans: "At the rate they're going I'm happy to even get a letter."


Claves: "Another point for me."
Kelly: "If you can do it so can I."


Kelly: "At last!"


Pamela: "What are the letters we have?"
Hans: "A P, a couple of As, a few Es, 2 Ds and an N."
Chase: "Peen."
Kaylie: "Chase!"
Pamela: "I don't even know if that's a word."
Chase: "Fine. Peed."
Hans: "Do we really want to use up all our Es so quickly?"
Pamela: "How about Dean?"


Stanley: "Good shot."


Zane: "Score."


Claves: "I think you have a chance."


Jennifer: "Or not. This is a shitty mission. I think we stand a better chamce if you're the only one shooting hoops."
Claves: "Don't say that."


Kaylie: "An X? Who gave us an X?"
Pamela: "I've got one. Exile!"


Hans: "I don't think it's a good idea to use more letters than necessary. They are in very short supply."


Kaylie: "But we don't have any four-letter words that can use X. That is a dead weight."


Stanley: "Take a deep breath, Stan. You got this."


Jane: "Go go go!"


Stanley: "Yes!"


Stanley: "Fuck no! It hit the rim."
Jane: "It's okay. I'm not that good either."


Jennifer: "Time is running out."


Stanley: "We're depending on you, Zane."


Jennifer: "I think I'll stick to singing."
Kelly: "Claves! What are you standing there for? Grab a basketball!"


Chase: "Wait, that was actually a word?"
Pamela: "Did you doubt me?"


Hans: "We don't have a lot of letters left. What can we form with Gs, Hs, Cs and Os?"


Chase: "I've got nothing. This sucks. This whole mission is fucking ridiculous."


"Time is up!"
Zane: "Sigh."


"Hans, please read out the words you have formed."
Hans: "DEAN
DARE
EXILE
PACK
ALIEN
GAUCHE."


"6 words. That means that 60/150 points have been earned."
Chase: "That's fucking pathetic."
Kaylie: "It's not that bad."

60/150 points have been earned for the mission. Was it too much to expect the group to get bonus points?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!