Wednesday 5 July 2017

32.07-Colour me impressed


Previously on the Smole, the contestants had to divide 10 corrections in exactly 2 rounds. They eventually managed to succeed but nobody was happy despite 200/200 points being earned and 267/500 points in the pot, especially not the Mole. Caleb secretly took 2 corrrections in one round but that didn't help him at all as he was executed next. Who will be the last one to be executed? Who is the Mole?

***


Margaret: "It's kind of sad that Caleb's gone. I now have someone less to have fun with me. But it was gonna happen eventually. It was just a fling. Maybe I can find Bryce. Now that Caleb's gone he'd need someone else to talk to. And I can only imagine how rough he'll be in bed."


Sophie: "I'm going to try and ally with Bryce now that his coalition partners are all gone. And maybe I'll try again with Ella. She wasn't too keen on it last time but maybe now she'll be more willing."


Sophie: "Hey Bryce, with Caleb gone, I'm wondering if you want to team up with me."
Bryce: "Hmm...tell you what, if you manage to knock my puck out, I'll agree."


Sophie: "Yes! I did it!"
Bryce: "I guess that means we're together now."


Bryce: "I didn't want to seem to desperate, you know? But I'm glad Sophie and I are in a team now. Since Caleb is gone any information he gave me is probably wrong, which means I may need to find a new suspect again."

***


Immanuella: "Come in."
Sophie: "Ella, can I talk to you for a moment?"
Immanuella: "Sure. What is it regarding?"


Sophie: "I was hoping to form a secret coalition with you."
Immanuella: "Secret? Why secret?"
Sophie: "Well...I think it'll be more beneficial that way. For both of us."


Immanuella: "I can't say that I'm interested, sorry."
Sophie: "Come on, Ella. Can you really survive this on your own?"
Immanuella: "I'm not going to accept help from you, knowing your family history...sorry, I didn't mean to sound so rude. But I don't like shady dealings."
Sophie: "Fine. I'll make you all remember me by Sophie Stewart: Ultimate Mole Hunter, and not daughter of evil old lady!"

***


"Good morning contestants. Today we have a special tour arranged for just one of you. Which one of you would like the tour?"


Immanuella: "That sounds nice but if you all want it more then I'm fine."
Sophie: "Actually, I'd like to tour France."


Margaret: "But so do I."
Bryce: "Me too. The culture is so rich here."


Sophie: "No offence Bryce but you don't seem the type to care about culture. It'll be wasted on you."
Immanuella: "Don't be so rude, Sophie."
Sophie: "How about we vote? Who votes for Marge to go on the tour?"


Margaret: "That settles it. Bryce and Ivan, thanks for giving me the offer."
Ivan: "It's the least I could do, I guess."


"There is a tour bus waiting outside for you, Margaret."


Margaret: "I get to tour Champs Les Sims! I hope I get to wine and dine. And maybe party and get to know a few sexy Frenchmen."


"As for the rest of you, you will be in charge of the next mission. I need one describer and three painters. The describer will visit La Gallerie d'Art. There are three objects that the painters have to paint. You'll know which ones when you see it. The painters will have 30 minutes to paint as accurately the objects as possible. For every object Margaret identifies, 30 points are earned. This is worth 90 points."


Ivan: "I can't paint very well. I think I should be the describer."


Bryce: "After the last mission? Absolutely not. I think I'm better off. I often have to describe how to play with my teammates, and recently I've been taking up poetry..."
Ivan: "You? I really am not sure you're up to it."


Sophie: "I'm quite good at painting, if I do say so myself."
Immanuella: "I can't even hold a brush straight."
Sophie: "How about we put Ella in charge? We can trust her the most, right?"


Bryce: :"Yea, I suppose so."


Bryce: "I'm actually kind of disappointed. The others just don't believe that I can be artsy and sentimental. They just see me as the QB and not the poet."

***


Margaret's first stop is La Gallerie d'Art. What she's not aware of is that she has to try and remember everything she saw here because later, she will have to identify where the objects painted are and once she walks past an exhibition, she can't go back.


Margaret: "Here are some of the books the First Emperor of China wanted to burn. Wow, communist much? I don't understand any of this. Biographies of Lu Xun and Cao Cao...whoever they are. But it seems the ancient Chinese play sport too."


Margaret: "Ooh..."


Margaret: "Aah..."


Margaret: "The museum was nice but not really my thing. I have to tiptoe around evreything and can't touch this, can't touch that. The thing I found weird though was that there was hardly any French stuff for a French museum."

***


Once Margaret has left, the others arrive. Their time begins.


Immanuella too cannot turn back once she's moved forward. She only gets one chance to tour the museum.


Immanuella: "I hope I haven't walked past it."


Immanuella: "Oh, I think this is one."


Immanuella: "We agreed that the first object I found would go to Sophie because she's the best painter we've got. The next one would go to Ivan and the last one would be painted by Bryce."


Immanuella: "Okay Sophie, for you. It's a giant golden cup with a babyish face right smack in the centre."


Sophie: "Okay. I'll start with the face. Can you describe it to me?"


Immanuella: "Okay. It looks like a girl. The carving is quite intricate. She has long hair that's also golden and her eyes are closed. There's no neck. She looks like she's wearing a headband. I count 9 stripes on it."


Sophie: "'The carving's so intricate'...'9 stripes on a headband'...I know I said I'm good at painting, Ella, but I'm not that good. Those details just seemed unnecessary."

***


Margaret: "It's a travesty if I visit Champs Les Sims and don't bring back any wine."

***


"Remember she doesn't have a neck, Sophie. I'll go find the next one now."

***


Margaret: "Free sample. Awesome."


Yves: "That wine is not for free sampling. You have to pay for it."
Margaret: "Damn."
Yves: "Please follow me for a tour of the wine-making process."

***


Immanuella: "Ah, there's the next one."


Immanuella: "Ivan, this is for you. It's a dark grey stone head on a yellow stone pedestal. It's flanked by two sphinxes that are blue and yellow."


Ivan: "I can't paint that many details. Why not just give me some striking features of the stone guy?"
Immanuella: "It looks like a man. His hair is long and way below his head...I suspect it's a pharoah. But there's no stripes you'd see on their hair-head thingy you'd expect."
Ivan: "And I'd like it that way. Easier for me to paint."

***


Margaret: "I can't believe we get to pick our own fruit and try to make nectar ourselves! But ick. I need to wash my hands later."

***


Immanuella: "I found the last one. This is for you, Bryce. It looks like a Russian doll. It's on an Egyptian pedestal. There are hieroglyphs on it. The body is gold. The face is of a cat and it has those pharoah stripes, as I call them."


Bryce: "What the heck are pharoah stripes?"


Immanuella: "You know, imagine a phraoah with their hair. There's often golden and blue stripes in it. I think it's a hat but I never really took notice."


Immanuella: "Oh! I think it's those Egyptian canopic jars!"
Bryce: "I already started."
Immanuella: "Oh...but you can't have gone too far. Is it possible for you to salvage it? Please?"
Bryce: "I'll try but no guarantee."

***


Margaret: "This is exactly what we did in the second mission. But what happens if someone has smelly feet?"

***


Ivan: "This isn't looking so well."


Sophie: "This looks like a vase."

Immanuella: "Vase? Sophie, it's not a vase. It's like a cup. I can't go back and check now but I think it has two handles."
Sophie: "Now you tell me."


Bryce: "I can't say I didn't try."

***


Margaret: "I can't wait."


Yves: "Now pull the red lever."
Margaret: "Got it, Mr. Tour Guide."

***



Sophie: "What's the top like again, Ella?"

Immanuella: "I don't remember...I think it was orange."
Sophie: "ORANGE?"
Immanuella; "I take it as you painted wrongly. Nevermind. Maybe it's still salvageable. I think it was open so just paint the top darker to give a 3D illusion."

Sophie: "I don't understand what that means but I can't do anything about it any more. I only have one brush and if I dip it in black paint the entire painting will be ruined. I still need to paint more."
Immanuella: "I understand."


Ivan: "If Margaret can make it out, colour me impressed."


Bryce: "I'm painting a green background. Is that okay?"


Immanuella: "Green? Why would you do that? I'm pretty sure it was red. Or at least you could have left the background as white." 

Ivan: "I did the same thing."
Immanuella: "Nevermind then. I suppose it's a little too late to change it now."

***


Margaret: "Ah, refreshing. Some music would be good right now."

***

They have one minute to go.


Bryce: "This cat looks more like a tiger...I'm actually impressed I can paint so much depth."


Ivan: "It's over. There's no way she's going to think this is anything but a black furball."


Sophie: "Hmm..."


Sophie: "I'm quite impressed with myself."


Sophie: "Magnificent!"


Sophie: "Just splendid. I've truly outdone myself this time."


Bryce: "The more I try to cover up the flaws the worse it gets. Now there are patches of dark green."


"Time's up, paintbrushes down! Please head inside."


Margaret: "It was awesome! I had so much fun. I got to go to a museum, make wine and drink wine, then eat an exquisite French cuisine and partied and the club in the next town, which isn't all that far away to be frank. It was really cool, but then I was told that I had to return to the museum."

***


"I hope you have a good memory, Margaret. The subjects of these paintings your fellow contestants did could be found in the museum in front of you. Identify where they are in the museum and you earn 30 points per picture."
Margaret: "I knew there had to be something more."


Margaret: "This looks like an afro. Doesn't seem to fit in the museum. Who painted this?"


Margaret: "Okay, some golden goblet thing with a carving in front. I don't remember that."


Margaret: "This looks like those Russian dolls."
"When you're ready, please enter the museum. You may only walk forward however, except for if you run into a dead end, and you have 10 minutes to identify. Good luck."


Margaret: "Is it that thing? If that black blob was supposed to be that then that's a clear sabotage. I don't think that's it. Hopefully I'm right."


Margaret: "Maybe it's on the shelf."


Margaret: "None of them look right. There must be a pattern somewhere."


Immanuella: "I really hope Marge can do it."
Bryce: "I think my painting could've been better."
Sophie: "Are you kidding me? Sending you here was the right choice! I'm surprised you can paint so well, unlike someone."
Ivan: "I messed up. I know. Stop rubbing it in."


Margaret: "Looks like the only way is up."


Margaret: "Hmm..."


Margaret: "Is this it? It has a vase shape and has some golden in it. Maybe they were told it by someone, that last contestant, and he or she wasn't very clear."


Margaret: "This is the second painting I saw."


Margaret: "Could it be this mummy toy? I think I'll pass on it."


Margaret: "Woo! I'm gonna kill this mission!"


Margaret: "Wait...oh dear."


Margaret: "This is closer. Can I change my answer?"
"No."
Margaret: "Well, too bad. It's their fault then. The colour is wrong anyway."


Margaret: "Could it...nah, doubt so."


Margaret: "I don't think it's that dog-like creature. Hopefully it isn't. It was more...round. Ugh, I want to know who's that idiot that painted that."


Margaret: "Wait, I think I've got it."


Margaret: "In retrospect the painting was actually quite close."


Margaret: "I shall confirm that this is the last painting I saw."


Margaret: "Okay, just one down, and that's the Russian doll."


Margaret: "Oh, I hope this wasn't the black object."


Margaret: "I need to stop being so hasty."


Margaret: "This kind of looks like it...but there's no blue. And they look close but not exactly the same."


Margaret: "I won't be so quick to answer this time. I'll carry on."


"Please head downstairs."
Margaret: "Oh? Suspicious...what was up there when I visited again?"


Ivan: "She's coming down."


Margaret: "I'm not done yet guys."


Margaret: "Green background...two of these paintings had a green background."


Margaret: "Nope, none of these."


Margaret: "Definitely not that."


Margaret: "Don't tell me it's this dragon, because that would be horrible. I think I'll move on."


"This is the last room."
Margaret: "Darn it. I still haven't found the last painting yet. The closest is that fan but that's just a stretch."


Margaret: "Maybe it's the floor carpet...nope. I give up."

***


Immanuella: "Did you succeed, Marge?"


"She failed to identify the three objects correctly, hence she earned 0/90 points."
Margaret: "I was too hasty in two of them and I just couldn't find the last one. Sorry."


Sophie: "Bologna! How could you not see recognise at least two of these paintings?"


Sophie: "I mean, if you couldn't see that black one, that's understandable, but the rest?"
Ivan: "Hey! But she's right. That's really bad Mole-ing there."


"We'll show you where the paintings are. Please follow that cameraman."


"This is one of the paintings."


Ivan: "It's almost identical."
Bryce: "How did you not get that?"
Sophie: "Exactly."
Margaret: "It was close but I thought I wouldn't be so quick to answer, so I decided to keep searching...and found nothing."


"The next one is in the adjacent room."
Sophie: "Is Marge the Mole? It's so stinkin' obvious."


"This is the next one."


Margaret: "Hey! I got this correct!"


"You gave us the wrong painting. You said it was the last painting you viewed, when it was actually the first."
Ivan: "How did you forget that?"
Bryce: "Subtle, yet suspicious."


"Here is the last one."


Margaret: "Oh. I would've got it if I saw it...I just didn't realise there was a hallway here."
Ivan: "Likely story, Mole."
"All is not lost though. You can earn 30 bonus points, Margaret, if you are able to identify the respective painters. 10 points for each painter correctly matched to the painting. To help you, Immanuella is not a painter."


Margaret: "I think this is one of the better paintings."


Margaret: "I think Sophie painted this."


Margaret: "This one...hmm..."


Margaret: "I think Ivan painted this. There's no way Bryce is capable of it."


Margaret: "So this last one must be by Bryce. I expected it."
"You can now check your answers."


Margaret: "Oh gosh no..."
"Unfortunately, 0/30 points have been earned. The pot is at 267/590 points."


Ivan: "Our dear Margaret is moving up my list really rapidly. Whenever she's around, something goes wrong. And I bet that's why she jumped to take the tour. She knew it would allow her to make important decisions like this."

Is Margaret the Mole, or does she just not have an eye for art?

***

NEXT EPISODE:


Margaret: "This game is dragging me down..."

***

Margaret: "Oh, you're so gentle...what a surprise."

***


Bryce: "I really hope this doesn't air or I'll be in hot water."

***


Immanuella: "I know, but seeing the others get executed like that, one by one, and knowing that another one of us will be going home tonight...I can't take it any more."

***


"This is it. The last execution. Four of you will be entering the finale while one of you will be leaving."

***


"Margaret Welsh."
Margaret: "This is it guys."

***


"...you are the last to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."

***


Bryce: "No!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!