Sunday 17 August 2014

12.03-The sky is blue today

Previously on the Smole, 12 new contestants interviewed and got interviewed so as to get to know one another better. However, only 100/240 points were earned because most were unable to answer all questions within 3 minutes. Calvin was fooled and executed first. Who is next?

***


 

Honey: “Gosh, someone smells like burnt food around here.”


Skye: “What was that Heather?”
Heather: “It wasn’t me who said it!”
Skye: “Don’t lie! If you don’t like my smell then go away! I don’t need your company anyway!”


Heather: “Are you having a rough day today?”
Skye: “What? No! The sight of you just irks me! I don’t need your concern, or anyone else’s!”
Heather: “Why are you pushing me away?”
Skye: “You won’t leave? Fine, I will.”



Skye: “Gotta admit though, she’s an interesting character.”



Jo: “Woah! When did you enter?”
“Just. The next mission rests in your hands. You are given a phrase that you must spread to one other Sim. That other sim will spread to another and so on. However, you cannot tell them that this is a mission and they have to spread it. It is up to them whether they want to continue the phrase. For every Sim that utters the correct phrase, 20 points are added. This is worth 220 points. The phrase is: The sky is blue today.”

***



Jo: “Who should I spread to? Honey? I think I can trust her…but she may not hear me clearly and spread the wrong message.”


 
Heather: “Mind if I sit?”
Jo: “What? Oh, go ahead! You know, the sky is blue today.”
Heather: “It sure is.”
Skye: “What? If you’re trying to small-talk at least say something better!”


***


Heather: “What was that all about Honey?”
Honey: “Only my husband calls me Honey. You guys call me Pearl.”
Heather: “All right Pearl, I know you were the one who commented about Skye’s odour.”
Honey: “I didn’t mean anything. It’s just that I feel everyone should maintain personal hygiene.”


Heather: “…So….the sky is blue today.”
Honey: “It is? Well, I guess so.”














Honey: “I didn’t mean to intentionally cause Skye and Heather to argue, but Skye needs to change his attitude! Stop being so cold towards everyone! I admire Heather’s relentlessness though, but I think she’s wasting her time. And the sky is blue? That sounds so out of the blue. Is it like a mission or something?”


***


Honey: “The sky is blue today, Vince.”
Vince: “Rubbish! It’s purple!”



Vince: “Hey Dominic! The sky is blue today! What do you think of that?”
Dominic: “Absolutely right?”
Vince: “Absolutely wrong! It’s purple!”


Mona: “Woah, what happened here sister? It’s like you brought the outside rain inside!”
Lisa: “It isn’t raining today.”
Mona: “Well, it is bright and sunny. The sky is blue today. You’re right. But it’s a metaphor. Now let’s get out of here. It’s dampening my mood.”


Lisa: “Don’t walk so fast! I can’t catch up!”
Mona: “Okay. Now let’s talk about art. What’s your favourite type of art?”
Lisa: “I love big, bold lines. Anything with that.”
Mona: “I fancy post-impressionism personally.”














Dominic: “Vince was weird. He asked me whether the sky was blue today. I said yes and he told me it’s purple.”

***


Skye: “Don’t hang out with him. He’s a bit cuckoo up there. Now I need to bathe, if not someone’s going to complain again.”


Mona: “I look gorgeous. Perfect to be in a painting. I’ll call it ‘The Mona Panting’.”


Mona: “Excuse me? Are you mocking me?”
Eugene: “What? No, I’m just having a little fun…”
Mona: “Well, go dance around in your little pink shorts or something! Don’t bother me with your nonsense!”
Eugene: “Boring lady.”


Heather: “It’s important to stay current and updated, so I shall write whatever I noticed in my journal. Honey is a bit odd…”

***

Dominic: “I saw you act in Starry Starry Night. It was amazing!”
Jo: “Thanks. It was hard to get into the character, but I guess I pulled it off successfully. Your comments will encourage me to continue pursuing acting.”


Dominic: “I heard you sang the theme song too! Can I hear it?”
Jo: “I guess it won’t hurt…”


Jo: “It’s such a starry, starry night~.”
Dominic: “That was splendid! Why did you stop singing and producing albums and staging concerts?”
Jo: “It’s a long story. I rather not say…I guess it’s just… I want to try something new. Move away from my comfort zone: singing.”


***



“Attention!”
Honey: “Woah! Don’t frighten me!”
Skye: “You’re not that old until your heart can’t take it.”
“You guys just underwent a mission. Jo was tasked to spread the phrase ‘the sky is blue today’ to one other contestant, who would then spread it to another and so on. Jo spread to Heather, who spread to Honey, who spread to Vince, who spread to Dominic, who spread to Skye. It stopped at Skye. Also, Dominic spread the message wrongly. Thus, 80 points are earned, or 180/460 points. You guys need to buck up. As a form of encouragement, since Mona did accidentally say the message correctly, she helps the team earn 5 points. It’s now 85, or 185/460. Skye and Dominic each earn a hidden exemption for being the first to stop spreading and the first to spread wrongly respectively.”
















Skye: “The others are all cursing me right now, probably. I don’t really care. I didn’t know it was a mission. I’m not really bothered with missions anyway. I’m here just to fight for survival and show everyone I am the best. Besides, Dominic spread wrongly so it would be futile to continue the chain of wrong messages. What I find stranger is the fact that this chair is made in ‘Eugene Sassy’. Clue much?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!