Wednesday 8 January 2014

8.17-No sweat

Last episode, the final 5 contestants went to solve a murder mystery, with Miss, Winnie and Sam visiting the morgue, and Kay and Timothy inspecting the crime scene. Timothy came up with the best theory, earning the exemption, and only Sam’s theory did not earn any points, so 716/1242 points were earned in total. Sam then subsequently left the house as 5th. Who will be next? Who will make it to the finale?




Timothy: “Do you know the feeling when you’re the only guy left and all the pressure seems to go onto you to win this thing? Awkward…but anyway, another of my patients left! Their relationship wasn’t mended, but at least it saw some success with Kay. Either she’s out, or I’m out. Oh boy. I’ve got to try and help Winnie and Miss with whatever they've got. I've built an igloo office for that purpose.”



Timothy: “Want to visit a special place?”
Kay: “Ooh, mysterious. Sure!”


Kay: “Woah, when did you build this?”
Timothy: “Last night.”
Kay: “By yourself?”
Timothy: “I don’t like to brag, but yeah. Come on in to my office! It’s nice and cozy inside!”


Kay: “You know, you and Winnie have been lasting out for the longest time.”
Miss: “Why? You don’t think that any of us is the Mole, do you?”
Kay: “You could be.”
Miss: “Well, maybe it’s Timothy. Have you ever thought of that, Kay?”
Kay: “But he’s working alone, like me.”
Miss: “Well, perhaps it’s you, Kay!”
Kay: “Why I’d never! What would make you think it’s me? I don’t need to rely on some coalition to help me win!”
Miss: “Well, it’s not me or Winnie, that’s for sure!”




Miss: “I've been suspecting Timothy all this while. I don’t know why Kay suddenly came up to me and said all those things she said! She seems pretty unsure of the Mole, so she’s going out next.”


***

Mission Time! You guys will be competing in a triathlon. Well, competing against the clock. One of you will be running, one will be cycling, one will be swimming and the last will be time-keeping. The time-keeper will snowboard. If the time-keeper stops, the race is over. No exemption awarded here, but for every part completed within the time frame of until 7pm, 20 points are added, making this worth 60 points.



Kay shall be running.
“Are you ready Kay?”
Kay: “Ready as I’ll ever be! I love running in the cold! No sweat!”
“Your time starts….now!”


Kay: “I’m not a relay runner, but I know the importance of the first runner. The others better not blame me if I don’t make it back in time.”


Meanwhile, Winnie reluctantly goes snowboarding.
Winnie: “Gosh, I hate doing this mission! Running? Swimming? Cycling? I’m a fairy for goodness sake! I don’t even know how to use this board!”


Winnie: “Here goes nothing.”
She’s actually quite good for a first-timer.


Winnie: “Whoopsy! Well, I’m not going to give up that easily, lest they think I’m sabotaging. That’s not a good feeling.”


Meanwhile, Kay runs and runs and runs…

***

Kay: “Finally! Timothy! Hello? Ergh. I’m going inside to call him out. Timothy Foyer! It’s already 3pm! Hurry up!”
Timothy: “What? Oh, sorry. I’m on my way!”


 
Timothy’s doing the second leg: cycling.

Winnie: “This is actually quite fun! Watch me everybody!”

***


Miss: “It’s 4 already. What’s taking them so long? If they want to sabotage, so will I!”


Timothy: “Strange…I could have sworn I saw Miss just now. Oh, there she is! Hurry up Miss!”


Miss is doing the last leg at 4: swimming to the other side. Can she make it back in time?
Miss: “I know that it’s -4 degrees Celsius right now and I’m mad, but hey! It’s worth the experience even if I die! And I can claim insurance!”


Timothy: “Miss! It’s freezing right now! What are you doing?”
Victoria: “The polar bears are watching. If they see you swimming in the ocean in winter, they’ll grant you entry into the Polar Bear Club!”
Timothy: “If you put it that way, might as well.”

***


5 o’clock.
Miss: “Strange. I suddenly feel immune to the cold.”


Winnie: “Whee!”


Winnie: “Ow! I give up! I’m getting backaches from this. I don’t care about the stupid mission anymore. I’m not sacrificing my life!”


That means the mission is up! Miss didn't make it to the finish line (Who knows where she went: we can’t find her anymore), so 40/60 points are earned. This means the pot now has 616/1302 points.


Ah, there she is.
Miss: “Yes! I see the shore! Did I make it back in time?”
“Unfortunately, no. It’s close to 8pm right now.”
Miss: “I’m an hour late! No!”



Time for them to get back and take the quiz.




Miss: “They all sabotaged! Kay took her own sweet time, Timothy chose to do the easiest task, although I admit he bought some time over, and Winnie chose to quit at that last moment! And my sabotages always get unnoticed! I need to do something big!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!