Sunday 10 November 2013

2.16-Do something different for the last time















Closer to the time, the final contestants decide to relax…
Read their journals…
…and do something different for the last time.

Now, the final mole quiz.

***





Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What colour is the Mole’s hair?
A: Black
B: Blonde

Q3: What colour is the Mole’s pants?
A: Blue
B: Beige
Q4: What van did the Mole ride in during Mission 8?
A: Red
B: Yellow

Q5: Did the Mole drive the yellow van during Mission 8?
A: Yes
B: No, he/she was a passenger
C: No, he/she was not in the yellow van.














Mei: “I think I know who the mole is. I’m definite of it. But to make one final analysis, Dennis is likely because he’s been a quiet character. At first, he seemed overly enthusiastic, then he quietened down to avoid suspicion. However, I don’t think he ever sabotaged, trying to seem like a non-mole.
Of course, Carter is also possible. He could hide his drinking problem from everyone well. He’s also a quiet character. He could also be the mole who’s avoiding suspicion. But I know who I will choose.”

***


Q6: Did the Mole jump in Mission 8?
A: Yes
B: No

Q7: In which order did the Mole enter the elevator?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd

Q8: In which order did the Mole leave the elevator?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd

Q9: Which van did the Mole ride in more?
A: Red
B: Yellow
C: Equal

Q10: What type of food did the Mole eat most?
A: Waffles
B: Autumn Salad
C: Goopy Carbonara
D: Equal















Dennis: “I don’t know how I made it this far, but I’ve proven myself to be worthy of standing here. Let’s see who’s the mole.  For one, Mei seems possible. She’s been rather quiet and there’s more to her than meets the eye. She’s done a fair share of sabotages, though so discreet it almost goes unnoticed. She’s also been fighting hard for exemptions and was willing to sacrifice points.
Carter on the other hand is a sneaky old fox who tried to backstab me in the last moment. You can’t trust him and he keeps things well hidden to himself. He’s very deceptive and has tried sabotaging as well, and they are also discreet. He could be the mole for all you know, a shady character. So who could it be?”


***

Q11: How old is the Mole?
A: 34
B: 28
C: 38

Q12: What does the Mole work as?
A: High school teacher
B: Part-time file clerk
C: Museum manager

Q13: In what order was the Mole called, from lowest to most, during the execution session?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: Equal

Q14: How many exemptions did the Mole earn the whole season? Is he/she 1st,2nd or 3rd in terms of most number of exemptions?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Mei Leow
B: Carter Leon
C: Dennis Coralis














Carter: “I believe in myself. I know who the mole is, I think. Let’s start with Dennis. He’s a crafty creature. He’s shy, quiet and young. He may not have done much, which is why it’s hard to believe that he could make it to the finals. I don’t even know how he survived my trick! He would have been out if he wasn’t the mole!
Of course, I can’t forget about Mei. She’s quiet, and she plays for a good cause. She’s tenacious and just. She works hard to get here, but she’s also sabotaged and helped the team lose points before, like in the last mission. So, who is the Mole? I know who the Mole is.”


***


Welcome to the Finale! From Day 1, 10 contestants came to try and earn a whole load of money. They got eliminated one by one, until the final 3 remain. Let’s welcome the ex-contestants back, shall we?

“Say hello to Celin Amburg!”
Celin: “I’m back guys!”


“3rd eliminated, Nick Trest!”
Nick: “I may have lost, but I still want to know who the mole is!”


“In 6th place, Kathleen Dion!”
Kathleen: “I’ll get my revenge eventually now that I’m back!”


“Followed closely by Susan Angels!”
Susan: “It feels good to be back! I haven’t worn my wedding dress in ages!”



“And last but not least, 4th placer Casey Eughberton!”
Casey: “I’m back again!”
“We could not invite Gerald because he was suing us and was too stuck up to return and Guy was on a fishing trip or something.”


Kathleen: “Grr…”
Susan: “We beat you, Kathleen.”
Casey: “Beat that.”
Kathleen: “Grr!”



“The final 3 are waiting outside, awaiting their fate. Firstly, let’s see the sabotages of each player.

Carter Leon:
·         Episode 1: No sabotage there
·         Episode 2: No sabotage either, although he found the way to the exit by himself.
·         Episode 3: He found the candles first and pressurised the others to hurry.
·         Episode 4: He avoided Dennis in the maze and kept talking to others, wasting his and other’s time.
·         Episode 5: His drawing was rather obscure, but Kathleen got it anyway.
·         Episode 6: No sabotage, but he did pick a case with a high number.
·         Episode 7: No sabotage, but he only buzzed in first once.
·         Episode 8: No sabotage either.
He’s got a rather clean record. Let’s see the next guy.


Dennis Coralis:
·         Episode 1: He ended up playing chess at Maywood Glenn, wasting everyone’s time. He also seemed overly enthusiastic.
·         Episode 2: No sabotage, but he was the last to be found.
·         Episode 3: Dennis chose the wrong candle, but earned an exemption for that.
·         Episode 4: Dennis ended up at the entrance and wasted his time trying to find Carter, so he didn’t complete the maze and lost some points.
·         Episode 5: No sabotage there, but he wasted one line when drawing the fish’s tail.
·         Episode 6: He chose to be a banker and offered a low price. He also earned an exemption there.
·         Episode 7: Dennis answered the 2nd question wrongly even though the answer was fairly simple.
·         Episode 8: No sabotage.


And finally…
Mei Leow:
·         Episode 1: Mei stalled for and wasted time thrice. She also tried to get Casey to stay behind at Maywood Glenn. She freaked out and became extremely despondent when the other group left first, trying to bring everyone’s morale down.
·         Episode 2: She conveniently avoided everyone until she reached the exit even though she could hear them.
·         Episode 3: She chose the wrong candle.
·         Episode 4: She started freaking out about being lost and did not complete the maze.
·         Episode 5: She drew half a fish vertically, tricking Susan.
·         Episode 6: She picked case 14, which was a high number, causing them to lose. She also picked Case 3, which was a high number.
·         Episode 7: She answered 2 easy questions wrongly.
·         Episode 8: She did not jump.
Looks like she sabotaged every mission, but most went unnoticed. So, who do you think is the mole?”


Celin: “I pick Mei.”


Nick: “I say Carter’s the mole.”



Kathleen: “I choose Carter too.”


Susan: “Carter.”


Casey: “I originally thought otherwise, but now I feel it may be Carter, seeing he seems so clean.”
“So, without further ado, let’s see 2nd place.”















































































































































































































“And it’s Carter Leon!”

Casey: “He got all of us but Celin fooled!”



“Share with us your thoughts and feelings.”
Carter: “Hey, just because I’m clean and sneaky doesn’t mean I’m the mole, but I sure got most of you fooled! I couldn’t clinch first place, but nevertheless I had fun. I got the mole, and I believe the other guy did too. It’s just that I was slower and less observant. I congratulate the 1st place winner in advance.”
“Thank you, Carter Leon! You are officially 2nd in the Smole, Season 2! And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for….who is the winner? It is….”




























































































































































































































“Dennis Coralis!”
Dennis: “Surprised? I am!”


“How do you feel on being first?”
Dennis: “It feels great! I never knew I would be first! I never knew I would make it this far in fact! I was just having fun, trying my best, finding out who the mole was…I guess I succeeded. I also thank Carter for playing such a good game and giving me a hard time. But your tricks didn’t work. I won. Thank you again!”
“You earn 10100/21770 points, which translates to 1, 010, 000 Simoleons! It’s half of what you could have earned, but you still did well! You are officially 1st in the Smole, Season 2!”


Carter: “Good game.”
Dennis: “You too. Keep in touch after this?”
Carter: “Sure!”

“And now, the other moment you’ve been waiting for…who is the mole? Of course, you all know who it is.”





“It’s Mei Leow!”
Mei: “Hi guys!”


“How was your experience like as the mole?”
Mei: “Oh, fun and nerve-wracking. At one point in time I really wanted to quit or at least call my mother, but you dissuaded me. I managed to play through till the end even though I was almost disqualified and killed!”
Kathleen: “Heh heh.”
Mei: “Anyway, it was exciting. I had to sabotage and be discreet. I think I did a good job. I was a little worried when all my sabotages were shown. It suddenly seemed so clear that I was the mole. But I still fooled everyone since they all believed that I was too obvious and the quiet one was the mole. I thank you Carter, and I thank everyone for giving me such a great time! I can finally remit the 1 million plas Simoleons to my sickly mother!”


“Congratulations to everyone! Now, let’s see all the clues that hinted to Mei being the mole.

·         Episode 1: It was Mei’s birthday. We didn’t celebrate birthdays for anyone before, so something’s up if she was the exception.

Susan: “Ooh, cake!”
“To celebrate the start of Season 2. Oh, and it’s Mei’s birthday today.

·         Episode 2: Mei was always looking at someone. In actual fact she did not have the lenses on.

·        - She was the only one who was clean.

“Congratulations! You’ve found Mei and the exit at the same time! That’s 40 points! Unfortunately, you don’t earn an exemption. And all but Mei are dirty and smelly.”

·        - She played “Lan Long”, which was Chinese (referring to her descent) for “Sky Dragon”. The colour of the sky, blue, referred to her clothes and favourite colour. Dragon also referred to her clothes, and the fact that they are a popular mythical creature in China.

Gerald: “Hey, what you playing?”
Mei: “Lan Long.”
Gerald: “What?”
Mei: “Sky Dragon.”
Gerald: “Why the heck are you playing a Chinese game? Chinese people are the worst!”
Mei: “Excuse me? You just offended me for I am Chinese.”

·         Episode 3: She knew that the bomb was in the kitchen.
Mei: “Neither do I, but you’ll never know. For all you know they might put it in the kitchen!”

Carter: “I heard an explosion in the kitchen! And fire!”

Carter: “Mei was right!”

·        - The yellow candle referred to the candle holder; the candle within it was actually blue, referring to her favourite colour.

·         Episode 4: There was a clue in the diary room “^ole” which meant above “ole”. In the first picture of every episode, Mei’s picture was above “ole”, so it’s referring to her.

Kathleen: “^ole? It must be a clue! Haha, I’ll win this thing and grab all those big bucks!”


·         -She suspiciously had money to buy decorations for the garden. That meant she had some sort of secret relationship with the producers.
·        

-The flowers she bought were blue, referring to her colour. Also they read
, which meant “She”, meaning that the mole is female.

Mei: “There we go. Much better. Blue. My favourite colour.”

·      -   She said “draw”, alluding to the fact that the next mission was a drawing one. Hence, she knew what the next mission was already.

Mei: “Oh joy! I draw the conclusion that this is going to be fun!”

·         Episode 5: What Mei drew was actually the word , which is Chinese and sounds like her surname “Leow.” Also, watermelons are used to ensure a female baby, minimum 3. The watermelons meant that the mole was a female.

·        - Mei was talking to the host about wanting to chat with her mother. She mentioned that she would never be executed, because she is the mole.

“If you do, you’ll be disqualified and executed. You don’t want that to happen.”
Mei: “I won’t be!”
“Don’t be overconfident. Listen, you’re here to play for your mother, so that you can raise the money to take care of her.”

·         -Mei did not bother bathing in case she would be executed, because she knew she was safe.

Mei: “What…is this a prank?”
“Time for the mole quiz.”
Mei: “Great. No time to shower and change.”

 



·         Episode 6: The castle was built so that it resembled the Great Wall of China in China, referring to her heritage.

Casey: “From here it looks like the Great Wall of China.”


·         Episode 7: She had a mole on her arm, alluding that she is the Mole.

Mei: “Oh, here’s the zit. On my arm. Or is it a mole? Oh whatever, I need to pop it.”

·        
-The lamps used in the mission all had references to Mei. The first 3 were blue and the last one had the same pattern as her clothes.

·       -  The answer to the first question was May, which sounded like “Mei”. Also, the 3rd question was about Confucius, a great historical figure in China, where she descended from.

Now, first question: Answer this riddle: A_JJA.” (April May June July August)

“And Mei buzzes in first!”
Mei: “My answer is May!”
Next, Confucianism was founded by this guy. What is his nickname in English?”

“Mei gets it again!”
Mei: “Kong Zi

“Wrong! It’s Johnny Kong that I’m looking for
·         Not a clue, but it is ironic that the Mole answered the question about who the Mole was.
Who is the mole of Season 1?”


Mei buzzes in first!”
Mei: “Michael Mullard!”


“And that is…..correct! You win the exemption Mei!”

·        - When Mei said black, she wasn’t referring to chess, but instead her hair/skin colour, indirectly saying that the one with black skin/hair is the mole.

Mei: “Yeah! Black wins! I’m so good at chess.”

·         Episode 8: The pool was called “Yellow Sea”, which is a sea in China, again referencing to her heritage.

Carter: “This must be why it’s called yellow sea. The pool.”

·         -Dennis found a map of the world without Africa or China, which both refer to Mei’s parents’ heritage. (African-American and Chinese). It also means “no more Africa, China” which in Chinese (no more) is pronounced “Mei Liao”, sounding like “Mei Leow”.

Mei: “My father’s African-American, my mother’s Chinese.”
Dennis: “Interesting. I need to jot this down. Apparently there’s  a map of the world there, but Africa is missing, and so is China. Strange.”

·       -  The chairs are blue, referring to the colour again. Also, there are 2 statues of lions, which are associated with China.

And there you go! The clues!”


 

Casey: “Oh, now I see the link!”
Carter: “Some are rather abstract and obscure though.”
Mei: “But others were obvious. So obvious even I could tell.”

 Hope you had fun watching the Smole, Season 2!














Here are the results in table form:

Name/Episode
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
Status
Dennis Coralis






LOW

1st
Mei Leow








Mole
Carter Leon






LOW

2nd
Casey Eughberton






OUT

Executed
Susan Angels





OUT


Executed
Kathleen Dion


LOW
LOW
OUT



Executed
Guy Forrest



OUT




Executed
Nick Trest


OUT





Executed
Gerald Huerto

OUT






Executed
Celin Amburg
OUT







Executed
Green means exemption, Red means executed, white means in, Low means same score as person executed, but faster.
*At episode 7, everybody’s score was quite high, despite it saying “Low”. It’s just that Casey was the slowest and was out.
**Celin, Gerald and Kathleen did not receive an exemption at all. Kathleen made it to Episode 5 without an exemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!